I'm Sorry

Unheard Melody, Oblivious Love

 

 

For the first few seconds, Kyuhyun was frozen, unable to comprehend what had just occurred, what was still occurring. But as he became aware the foreign object pressed against his own lips, he suddenly felt a strange tingle run up his spine. Warmth spread from his lips down through his body all the way to his toes. And yet, he felt blood rush up to his face and southward at same time, he wasn't even sure how.

Sungmin quickly pulled back away when he realized what had just happened and brought a hesitant hand up to his own M shaped lips as Kyuhyun stared up at him with round eyes.

Kyuhyun let out the breath he was holding the whole time as he stared at the other.
That one simple, accidental kiss’ left his skin burning, burning for more.
It wasn’t a painful burning sensation, it was more of a…..small, fire deep inside your chest.
A small fire that will grow- A fire that longed to spread further throughout the body until its victim is completely consumed by its bright, hot flames.

“I-I’m sorry.” Sungmin stammered uselessly.

A sly smile quirked up on Kyuhyun’s face and he gently thread his long fingers through the other’s dark locks, and brought their lips back together again, letting the kiss linger for a bit longer.
Immediately, the fire that burned within Kyuhyun’s chest seemed to tame ever so slightly, its flames flickering ever so slightly with every movement of their lips.

Sungmin was caught by surprise for a moment when Kyuhyun pulled him back down, and lay on top of the young, frozen.
But after a moment, he started replying to the kiss hesitantly, unsure if the boy was actually only kissing him because of all the alcohol in the younger’s system.
He did drink a lot.

Yesung watched bitterly as he witnessed his best friend make out passionately with one of the bartenders on the floor.
He swallowed a little and muttered a quick ‘thank you’ into the microphone but his voice came out a bit raspy, and he winced at the foreign sound that left his mouth, before bowing hastily and literally ran off the stage, leaving the applauding audience feeling a bit awkward at his odd behavior.

Yesung ran back stage where all the bartenders and waiters get changed in, and collapsed down onto a chair in front of a vanity mirror, burying his face into the palms of his hands.
His world was spinning uncontrollably and all he felt was pain.
A stabbing pain in his chest that left him unable to breathe.
He wanted to cry.
He wanted to scream.
He wanted to throw something and rage on.
But why? Why would he ever feel like that?
Does he really love Cho Kyuhyun?

“Hey, Yesung! You did gr—you alright, Jongwoon?” A voice said from behind him.

Yesung spun around and quickly plastered on his signature smile. “Oh, hey Siwon. I’m fine, of course.”

Siwon stared at the elder quizzically before approaching him. “Alrighty then…..Oh Yeah! Kibum and I’s shift are ending soon. Wanna join us for a drink? We still have a lot to catch up on.” The taller male offered.

Yesung smiled and shook his head. “Thanks, but no thanks. I’ve got some stuff to do, and I feel a bit tired.”

“Aaw……I guess you’re right. It’s a bit late. But hey, here’s Kibum and I’s number. Call us when you want to hang out.” Siwon said.

Yesung accepted the small slip of paper with another smile and waved a little as Siwon walked off to find Kibum again.

His small fingers slowly made its way up to his lips and he started to bite on his nails, something that he tends to do whenever he feels uneasy, stressed, or just not in his right mind.
Kyuhyun kissed someone.
That little bit of information gnawed painfully at Yesung’s chest, and he let out a small choked sound as he felt the pain rise up to his throat.

He got up quickly from his chair and walked out from backstage to see Kyuhyun and Sungmin talking happily now, sitting by the counter this time instead of making out on the dance floor.

Maybe I should tell him I’m leaving…. Yesung thought sourly to himself.

No, he looks too happy to be with the other. Just let him be. Another voice countered in his mind.

But maybe he’ll start worrying where I am later. Yesung argued.

You’ll just annoy him right now. Just like always. You always annoy him. You’ll ruin their intimate moment. He’ll blame you. He’ll hate you. The voice continued.

Yesung bit down harshly on his lower lip as he glanced at the laughing two, before turning sharply and left without a word to Kyuhyun or Leeteuk.
He didn’t want to talk to anyone at the moment.

 

Kyuhyun laughed heartily as Sungmin told him one of his embarrassing stories from his childhood. He felt comfortable around the elder.
Sungmin had a cute smile, not to mention that he’s probably the aegyo king of Korea.
He spent hours at the bar talking comfortably with the other man, and he learned a lot about the other.
When they were finally closing the bar, Sungmin offered his phone number to Kyuhyun, and they both switched numbers.

“It’s a date!” Sungmin said jokingly, waving his phone a little that now had the younger as his contact.

“Really? Okay!” Kyuhyun grinned, letting out a drunken giggle.

“I was kidding.” Sungmin laughed.

“Oh, I was hoping it was true. Can we make it true?” Kyuhyun asked hopefully, looking up at the other who had gotten up from the stool.

Sungmin looked up at the boy in surprise. “I-I guess, yeah. Th-That’d be great!”

“It’s a date then.”


Yesung sat curled up on the couch, still biting at his nails a little as he stared off into space worried about where the boy may be.
It's already 3 hours past midnight, and not a single phone call to reassure the elder where the boy is.
He pulled his phone out, ready to call the boy, when the front door flung open to reveal a disheveled Kyuhyun.

His head snapped up top see the younger stumble in a little drunkenly.
It angered him to see that the boy had disobeyed him, drinking more than necessary and then coming home intoxicated.
He was in no mood to take care of a hung over Kyuhyun the next morning, let alone one that will start puking in the middle of the night because of alcohol overdose.

“Where have you been, Cho Kyuhyun?!” He snapped. “It’s already 3 in the morning!”

Kyuhyun let out a slurred chuckle and stumbled his way towards the couch to steady himself. “Oh stop being such a sissy, Jongwoon. I can take care of myself!”

‘Take care of yourself?!” Yesung yelled in disbelief as the younger collapsed onto the couch with a heavy sigh. “You call coming back home drunk, ‘taking care of yourself’?!”

“Shut up, Yesung! You’re giving me a headache. And quit treating me like a kid. I’m 21(age?) already.” Kyuhyun groaned, draping an arm lazily over his eyes, and kicked his shoes off lazily.

Yesung’s face contorted in frustration as he took in the ridiculous state the younger boy was in.
“Don’t you dare tell me to shut up, Cho Kyuhyun! I’m older than you and I’d like you to respect that fact!”

“My Goodness, shut up!” KyuHyun yelled again, this time standing up to glare angrily at Yesung who had taken a step back from the sudden burst. Kyuhyun could feel a horrible headache coming on, and the last thing he wanted to deal with was Yesung acting like his mother. Right now, all he wanted to do was sleep, not deal with his inevitable hangover “I can control my own life, thank you very much! Nobody told you to take care of me like a baby! And quit throwing your age around like that! We know you’re old!”

“You aren’t capable of anything, Kyuhyun!” Yesung snapped, but his voice wavered a little from the sudden burst of emotions in his chest. “I’m the one who has to take care of you every second!”
Every word thrown at him from Kyuhyun felt like a bullet to the heart, piercing through the paper thin skin, letting the crimson blood and pain take over his whole body.

“You aren’t my mother! Nor are you my father, Kim Jongwoon! You’re not my real brother either!” Kyuhyun spat angrily, glaring daggers at Yesung. “My life is in my own hands to control! I don’t need you to tell me, teach me, and lecture me in everything! I’m in the same grade as you, meaning I am capable of your intelligence!”

Yesung let out an agonized scream as he clamped his small hands over his ears, the tears that threatened to spill finally fell.“CHO KYUHYUN, YOU INSUFFERABLE BRAT!” he yelled. “You don’t know anything! You don’t understand anything! You don’t know how much I care for you! How much I’m willing to risk and take for you! The pain I feel whenever you’re frustrated, sad, or mad! The happiness you could bring to me by just seeing you smile! You don’t understand me!” he cried out desperately. “Tell me, do you know how I feel right now? Do you know what I want? Do you know what it’s like to look after a brat like you? Do you?! TELL ME, CHO KYUHYUN! TELL ME!”

Kyuhyun flinched as the words were thrown at him so harshly and his glare immediately softened.
Yesung’s words were all true.
He didn’t understand.
He never took the time to understand him, let alone look at things from Yesung’s perspective.
“I…..Jongwoon, I—“

“Stop, Kyuhyun. Just stop. Don’t pretend like you understand. I don’t need you anymore. I could survive without you.” Yesung said coldly, before running towards the front door and threw it open and ran out, not sparing the boy another glance.

Yesung let out a small sob as he wiped at his eyes hastily with the back of his hand as he ran.
He didn’t want to cry in front of the other like this.
He didn’t mean to yell at him so angrily.
But he was so frustrated with everything.

If only he had realized and accepted his feelings sooner, and picked up the courage to confess, he wouldn’t be in this state of vulnerability and self pity.

Yesung slowly climbed his way up a tall tree in a nearby park, knowing that the younger most likely wouldn’t find him here from experience. Kyuhyun was a bit too lanky for climbing trees.
He climbed high up and finally stopped to sit on a sturdy branch with his back resting against the thick tree trunk.

He let out a small sigh and pulled his knees up to his chest before wrapping his arms tightly around his knees and buried his face in his arms. There was so much pain in his chest.
First, it was the kiss.
Now, it was Kyuhyun’s loyalty and trust on the line.
He didn’t know what to do anymore.
To stay, or to leave.
To smile and laugh it off like he used to do, or to forever bury himself in the pain.
To let Kyuhyun love who he wants, or to confess and make the younger forever hate him.
He didn’t want to choose.

 

Kyuhyun groaned in frustration and kicked at the closest thing nearby, which happened to be a turtle plushie that Yesung must’ve left out in the living room when they were watching a movie last night, and sent that squishy thing flying across the living room

Almost immediately, he regretted kicking that thing, knowing how precious the turtle plushie was to Yesung since it was the last present JongJin, Yesung’s little brother, had given to him before he left for Seoul.

Kyuhyun walked over towards the roughly handled plushie and picked up the large thing, gently petting its soft shell. He had taken Yesung’s care for granted, and he greatly regretted it.
Kyuhyun doesn’t know exactly where he would be without Yesung’s encouragement throughout those years they were together.

He set the turtle plush back down on the couch, and quickly ran out of the dorm, searching for his best friend.

“Jongwoon! Jongwoon-ah!” He called out loudly into the night. “Jongwoon I’m sorry!” He said, but of course, there was no sign of the elder anywhere.

He didn’t know where to look exactly.
Yesung was so unpredictable sometimes, but that was when he remembered something that happened a couple of years back.

 

“Yesung! Yesung hyung! Where are you?!” Kyuhyun called out, running around the park where he thought he saw Yesung run out to.

He peeked behind bushes, checked the swings, and even bothered to look under the slides for the elder, but he was nowhere to be found.

He collapsed onto park bench nearby with a heavy sigh, when he saw a familiar shoe dangling from a tree.
He grinned and quickly got up,  running over to the tree and looked up; to see indeed that Yesung was sitting up there, sulking.
What a peculiar place to sulk.

“Yesung-ah! Come down.” Kyuhyun called out, looking up at the elder.

“No.” Yesung said stubbornly, shooting the boy a glare.

“Why not, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked, shielding his eyes a little from the bright sun.

“I’m mad.” Yesung pouted, crossing his arms.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at the elder’s words.
As if it wasn’t obvious enough.
“Why are you mad, hyung? Who made you mad?” Kyuhyun sighed, knowing how stubborn the elder could get.

“It was Kangin. He said turtles are stupid.” Yesung scowled.

Kyuhyun let out a cough to cover a fit of laughter that threatened to take over. “Oh come on, hyung. Don’t be such a sensitive person. He was just joking! Anyways, you know he’s a bully.”

Yesung stared down at the younger for a moment, pondering a little over the boys words, before jumping down from the high branch and landed quite gracefully for a clumsy dweeb like him.
“But he said turtles aren’t productive and they make stupid pets……” Yesung said with a small pout, pinching Kyuhyun’s sleeve with two fingers and tugged at it a little, wanting the younger to stand up for him and give him a few encouraging words.

But being the blunt idiot he is, Kyuhyun scoffed and rolled his eyes again. “’cause they are stupid, Yesung.”

Yesung glared at the younger and slapped the boy’s arms. “You’re supposed to be comforting me!”

“Who said I came here to comfort you? I’m here to take you with me to treat me some ice cream.” Kyuhyun smirked, slinging an arm around Yesung’s shoulders who shook him off grumpily.

“I hate you.” Yesung shot down, pushing the younger away to grab his backpack that he had hidden behind a bush so no one could find him.

“No you don’t. Now let’s go and get some ice cream to cheer you up!” Kyuhyun said, grabbing the elder’s hand and started pulling him along.

“I’m sure it will cheer me up.” Yesung said with his own eye roll, before adding: “When I have to pay…..” under his breath.

“Oh whatever, hyung. You’ll feel better after eating it! Just remember not to hide in trees anymore. I can’t climb them.” Kyuhyun grinned cheekily.

“You’re paying for the next visit to the ice cream, Prince Kyu.” Yesung grunted as they entered the small, but cute and cozy ice cream shop.

“Yeah, sure, whatever Baby Yesung.”

Kyuhyun smiled at the sweet memory.
Yesung uses the nick name ‘Prince Kyu’ to criticize the younger. ‘Prince’ to Yesung, doesn’t mean someone that has high power and everyone is loyal to him. ‘Prince’, actually means someone that is stubborn, and has to have everything his way, to Yesung.

Kyuhyun checked the road for any cars before quickly crossing the road to reach the park nearby.
He trampled over the thick bushes, probably earning a fair few scratches here and there, before he finally reached the grove of trees.

“Yesung! Jongwoon-ah!” He called out, moving some branches out of his way. “Jong—“He cut off mid sentence when he saw the pale figure sitting high up on a tree.
He wouldn’t really have noticed Yesung there since the elder tends to wear much darker clothing, if it weren’t for the bright moon that seemed to reflect off the elder’s pearly white skin.

“Jongwoon-ah, come down.” He said softly, approaching the massive tree and looked up at the elder. “I’m sorry for what I’ve said.”

“If you were sorry, you wouldn’t have said all that now, would you?” Yesung muttered coldly.

Kyuhyun winced and shifted nervously from foot to foot. “I’m sorry…..” Was all he could manage.

“Go home, Kyuhyun. You are nothing but pain to me.”

“That’s not true! We’ve had fun times together, right?” Kyuhyun said, but this time, he got no response. The elder sometimes could get so darn stubborn, you have to go through the extreme to get him to do something.“Kim Jongwoon! If you don’t come down here right now, I’m climbing this tree!” He yelled.

“Don’t you dare, Cho Kyuhyun!” Yesung snapped angrily.

“Too late.” Kyuhyun said, and immediately started to climb the tree.
He was doing pretty well, until he reached halfway up to the elder.

“Be careful, you brat!” Yesung said, but worry was laced through those words.

“I’ll be fine—AH!” Kyuhyun cried out suddenly. He had reached up to grab a branch to steady himself, but just as he did so, the branch beneath his left foot decided to give way.

“Kyuhyun!” Yesung called out panickly. “Hold on! I’m coming!” He said, getting up and quickly but surely made his way off his own branch to a frightened Kyuhyun who was only hanging on with one arm, the grassy floor a whole 10 feet below them.

Yesung quickly reached down and the younger grabbed the offered hand, and together, they managed to get Kyuhyun up to sit safely upon a thick, sturdy branch.

Kyuhyun let out a sigh of relief, only to have the breath punched out of him again by Yesung.

“Don’t you dare scare me like that again, Cho Kyuhyun!” Yesung yelled, slapping the boy across the chest repetitively, adding in a couple of punches here and there.

Kyuhyun winced and quickly grabbed the elder’s hand and jerked him close to his chest, pulling his friend into his arms for a hug.
“I’m sorry.” He whispered softly, holding the frozen Yesung tightly. “I’m sorry for everything. I shouldn’t have yelled at you.”

Yesung blinked once, before trying to squirm out of the boy’s tight embrace, but Kyuhyun was not giving up anytime soon. “You brat. I hate you!” He snarled, muffled a little by his face being pressed up against the boy’s chest.

“Don’t hate me, please don’t! I really didn’t mean all the things I said to you!” Kyuhyun begged, burying his face against the smaller male’s dark hair.”You are like a brother to me, and I’m sorry for saying you’re not!”

Yesung stopped his struggling to stare blankly at the tree trunk behind Kyuhyun.
“Brother?” He whispered brokenly, and he felt the boy nod once in reply.

“Brother’s. Are we not, Jongwoon?” The younger asked, rubbing his friends back soothingly.

The one word echoed through Yesung’s mind like a promise.
Brothers.
 Kyuhyun thought of them together as brother’s only.

Yesung buried his face closer to the boy’s chest to hide the single drop of tear that ran down his cheek, and smiled in defeat as he murmured quietly: “Of course. Brothers.”

 

 

 

A/N: Hey, Yo Waddup.......Subbies(?) [Kriiiiiiiissss!]
Hey guys! New chapter for you! *Applauds happily*
So, please do spam us with yours fangirl feels XD
Oh,and please do send your 'Get Well Soon' wishes to our lovely
lahdeedah000 who accidentally got herself sick.....somehow.....probably from fangirling *shrugs*
PLEASE LEAVE US COMMENTS!
Love you^^~