Do I.....Love You?

Unheard Melody, Oblivious Love

 

 Yesung threw the covers over his head when a loud ring pierced through the peaceful silence of his sleep. He was having a beautiful dream about his puppy Kkoming back home in Cheonan, and lovely flying turtles, until that cursed sound interrupted the beauty of it all.

When the ringing seemed to continue nonstop, he peeped out of his covers to see where the sound was coming from, only to be immediately blinded by the rising sun through their room window. He let out an audible groan to emphasize his discomfort of waking up so early, before turning sharply in his bed to glare at the younger on the other bed.

It’s been a few days since they’ve moved into this apartment, and it was hard to get used to, in Yesung’s personal opinion, considering that Yesung keeps running into walls, forgetting where the turns are here and there even though the apartment was quite small and easy to remember.

“Yah, Kyuhyun-ah.” He muttered in a low, raspy voice, still not fully awake. “Kyuhyun-ah. Turn off your alarm clock.” He groaned.

The younger just let out a small whine, and turned around in bed so his back was facing the other, completely oblivious to the alarm clock that was ringing like there was no tomorrow on his nightstand.

Yesung shifted in bed a little, before stretching out with one foot and nudged the younger’s warm back. “Kyuhyun…..Kyuhyun get up…..”

Kyuhyun reached back lazily with one hand and swatted the elder’s foot away before scooting and pressing closer to the wall so his head was fit snug between the mattress and wall to muffle all sounds.

Yesung sat up with a frustrated huff, and ran his short fingers through his shaggy hair in annoyance. He slid out of bed before slamming a hand down on the clock, and reached forward to throw the thick covers off of Kyuhyun’s curled up body.
“Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! Get up now! If you’re going to set your alarm this early in the morning, you should get up!” Yesung snapped.

Kyuhyun sat up groggily and rubbed lazily at his eyes. “What’d you say….?” He asked quietly, looking up at Yesung innocently.

Yesung wanted to slap that innocent look straight off the younger’s face, but it was too cute to resist. He gritted his teeth in order to calm the annoyance that had stirred up, and instead, reached up to slap and ruffle the younger’s hair softly.
“Get up.” He said simply, before walking towards the door.

“Gimme five more minutes…..” Kyuhyun slurred, before collapsing back down onto the bed.
He was not a morning person.

Yesung slowly his heels to shoot the younger a glare, before picking up one of his more stiff pillows off his own bed quietly, and silently snuck up to the younger again.
“GET THE UP CHO KYUHYUN!” He yelled, before bringing the pillow back in both hands and slammed it straight down on Kyuhyun’s snoring face.

Kyuhyun shot up with a loud yelp, and somehow managed to topple off the side of the bed in surprise.

Yesung quickly stepped back before Kyuhyun landed on his feet, wanting to protect his precious toes from the heavy Kyuhyun.

“I’m up, I’m up!” Kyuhyun groaned, clutching at his sore bottom before sitting up painfully.
The elder could be so brutal sometime when it comes to Kyuhyun’s own well-being.

“Good. Now, listen closely. If you decide to set your clock early just so you could shower in the morning, then you should wake up early to shower.” Yesung said, picking up his thrown pillow and hugged it tightly to his chest.

“Whatever.” Kyuhyun grumbled, running his hands through his hair before dragging himself towards the bathroom.

“Leave the door unlocked! I gotta brush my teeth!” Yesung called out after the other, but the younger just waved him off, causing Yesung to chuck the pillow again at the retreating figure, but missed almost completely.

-----------

Yesung opened the bathroom door after getting dressed in his school uniform, to see that the whole bathroom was fogged up because of Kyuhyun’s hot shower.
He wrinkled his nose a little at the heavy smell of Kyuhyun’s body wash, and proceeded to approach the sink, avoiding small puddles of water that Kyuhyun somehow managed to fling out.

He was in the middle of brushing his teeth when he heard the shower stop, and the shower curtains opened.

“Hey, pass me my towel.” Kyuhyun said, standing by the tub, shivering.

“Whif one? You-haf-foo-maneh-towohs. (Which one? You have too many towels)” Yesung said with a toothbrush tucked in the right side of his cheek as he glanced back at the younger.
Kyuhyun had a nice body for somebody his age. He wasn’t perfectly muscular with chocolate or washboard abs, but there were visible abs along his thin stomach. His arms were perfectly toned too, not to mention his curvy thighs and calves.

Yesung’s face grew hot and he quickly averted his eyes when he realized he was just checking his best friend’s body out.

Kyuhyun face scrunched in disgust when toothpaste was spat out during Yesung’s attempt to speak. “The green one.” He said impatiently.” And no I do not have that many towels! I only have one for my face, the other for body, and another for my hair.”

Yesung spat out the minty white foam into the sink and rinsed his mouth out before speaking again, also taking a calming breath, trying to tame the furious blush.
 “That’s a lot.” He pointed out, reaching towards the towel rack next to the sink and grabbed the forest green towel, and proceeded to wipe his mouth with it before tossing it at the younger who caught it with disgust. “You’re welcome.” Yesung added, before reaching for his own face towel and soaked it in cold water.

Kyuhyun smiled cheekily before reaching forward to pat Yesung’s chest. “Thanks hyung.” He said.

Yesung raised an eyebrow suspiciously, knowing that Kyuhyun wasn’t the type to ever thank someone, let alone show respect to them.
When he looked down at his chest to confirm his suspicions, there was a perfect hand print on his white uniform dress shirt from Kyuhyun’s wet hands.

“Cho Kyuhyun!” Yesung yelled, shoving the younger who was trying to wrap the towel around his waist.

Kyuhyun let out a girly giggle and tackled the elder into a hug, causing Yesung to let out a high scream. “I love you hyung!” he said.
The hug left Yesung’s heart to pound erratically against his rib cage, leaving him almost breathless. And also left his neatly ironed uniform wet.
It was just like any other hug, but recently, these past few weeks, every small touch from Kyuhyun made him light-headed and left his cheeks burning.

It wasn’t the first time that he had been left so breathless.
It happened before when Yesung thought it was a pretty good idea to walk down the stairs backwards with a heavy box in hand when they were moving to their new shared apartment.
Yesung had tripped on the last step, but luckily Kyuhyun was there and caught his hyung very ungracefully, followed by an hour long teasing from the younger about it.

There was also another time when Yesung was working his last day at the café he used to work part-time at, and Kyuhyun was there to walk home with him, sitting quietly at one of the booths by a window. Yesung was finished with his shift and was taking off his apron when he looked up briefly at Kyuhyun, to see the younger watching him with a small smile. Yesung had quickly looked away and hung up the apron before trudging his way over to the waiting boy.
Even a smile affects him.

Yesung swallowed hard as he felt a heat slowly rise up to his cheeks, knowing that he was probably blushing like crazy. “G-Get away Kyuhyun! You’re sopping wet!” Yesung yelled, shoving the younger away again and slapped the younger’s chest, leaving his own hand print on the boy’s chest.

“Ouch…..” Kyuhyun muttered, rubbing at the sore spot while giving his hyung a small pout.

“You had that one coming. Hurry up and get dressed. I’m going to go make breakfast.” Yesung said nonchalantly, trying to appear unaffected by the small pout adorned on the boys face.
He walked past the younger and opened the bathroom, door, not bothering to close it behind him just to have the satisfactory of hearing Kyuhyun’s whine from the sudden blast of cold air from the hallway.

Yesung dug through the fridge, trying to decide on what to make for breakfast before school, but since he was feeling a bit lazy today, he’ll just make bacon and eggs the American way.
He the stove and poured a bit of oil on the pan before waiting for it to sizzle and then cracked an egg atop of the hot surface.
He poked lightly at the cooking egg with a spatula as his mind wandered off back to when he started to blush when Kyuhyun had hugged him.
Nobody has ever made his heart pound so hard before, let alone make him blush crimson.
Yesung has liked people before, yes, but they’ve never made him feel so fluttery and nervous like Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun was a snarky, all-about-pride boy that girl’s would fall head over heels for, not to mention his handsome looks and charming smile. Kyuhyun knew how to maneuver his way to someone’s heart and make them do the impossible for him, although Kyuhyun doesn’t go that far on Yesung, but he has the ability to.

Yesung had never thought that Kyuhyun would be his type, because Yesung thought that he liked girls or boys that are sweet, with a kind and shy personality. He wants someone that is capable of understanding his feelings and knows their own limits.
Kyuhyun was the complete opposite of Yesung’s ideal type, then why is Yesung reacting so much to simple things that Kyuhyun does?
Is he…….in love with him?

“Hyung! It’s burning!” Kyuhyun called out, snapping Yesung out of his dazed state as the younger quickly reached forward to turn off the stove.

Yesung let out a small frightened sound and quickly scraped the half burnt egg onto a nearby plate, and then stood there watching the uneatable food sizzle loudly on the plate.
“That one’s yours.” Yesung said simply.

“What?!” Kyuhyun yelled, picking up a fork from one of the drawers and poked gingerly at the hell burnt egg. “I’m not eating this. Period.”

“Your problem.” Yesung shrugged, scraping the burnt remnants off the pan, before putting more oil on it, and turned the stove back on to fry another egg that most definitely will not burn this time.

“You alright, Jongwoon?” Kyuhyun asked softly, leaning back against the counter as he studied the elder, his eyebrows furrowed together.

“Of course.” Yesung said, turning around to look at the younger, to see that his uniform was messily put on. The white button down was untucked and mis-buttoned, not to mention the tie that wasn’t even tied properly. “I should be asking you that. Do you not know how to put on a uniform properly after many years of school?” he asked, reaching forward to fix the younger’s crooked tie.

“I was just being lazy, you know that hyung.” Kyuhyun sighed with a roll of his eyes. “You’ve been acting a bit odd lately.” He said, reaching up to grab Yesung’s small hands to stop his fussing with the tie that he doesn’t even plan on wearing, although it’s the school rules.
Kyuhyun had noticed that the elder has been fleeing a lot from simply a small hug from him or a teasing pinch. Yesung usually would’ve endured the younger’s annoying ways, but lately, he’s been flinching, cringing, or looking away.

Was he being too clingy? More annoying than usual?

“I’m perfectly fine. Why have you been asking all these questions lately? Do I not look fine to you? Do I look like a zombie in one of your games? Maybe you’ve just played too many games.” Yesung said quickly, interrupting the younger’s thoughts as he jerked his hands back out of the younger’s grasp and turned his attention back to the stove.

Kyuhyun tilted his head a little, staring at the elder in concern before heaving out a sigh. “Whatever you say Jongwoon.” He muttered, before walking away to the dining room.

Yesung sighed in relief, glad that Kyuhyun didn’t ask anymore as he scraped the perfectly cooked egg onto a new plate.

He couldn’t love Kyuhyun.

It’s not possible.

And he most definitely will not love him.

That brat.

The closest thing to love Kyuhyun will ever get from Yesung, is brotherly love.

He quickly finished cooking the bacon eggs, and brought the plate out to Kyuhyun, but grabbed a box of cereal, a carton of milky and a bowl and spoon on his way out the kitchen.

“Here. Hurry up and eat. We’re going to be late.” He said, setting the plate of food that he’s been slaving over down in front of Kyuhyun who was busy playing with his PSP.

Kyuhyun quickly paused his game since his stomach has been growling for the past 10 minutes, and reached for the fork, to see that Yesung was leaning back in his chair, munching nonchalantly on some dry cereal.

“Hyung, what about you?” Kyuhyun asked quietly, nibbling childishly at the end of the fork.

“Hm? What about me?” Yesung asked, still leaning back in the chair that was balanced on the hind legs.

Kyuhyun gestured down towards the plate of bacon and eggs and two slices of toast.
“What about you?” he repeated.

“Oh,” Yesung said, giving the younger a smile. “I’m on a diet. Don’t worry about me.” He said, popping another pinchful of cereal into his mouth.
It was actually because they were running late on time, so he decided to give the younger it instead. A growing boy needs their nutrients!

“Diet?” Kyuhyun said, raising an eyebrow in doubt as he looked down the elder’s lean body.
Diet is the last thing that Kyuhyun wanted his best friend to do.
Yesung was extremely skinny, but still had some nice muscles along his arms and thighs, not to mention those visible abs on his stomach whenever he was willing to walk around shirtless.
But that was all.
Yesung was just skin and bones with a bit of muscle.

Yesung nodded in response to the younger hesitant question, and stuffed another handful of cereal into his mouth before getting up, dusting his hands off.
“Hurry up. You’ve got 10 minutes.” He said through the mouthful.

“But hyung! You’ve barely eaten anything!” Kyuhyun called out to the retreating figure down the hall.

Yesung just waved the younger off over his shoulders as he stepped into the bathroom to wash his hands. “Diet!” he called back, as if to remind the younger of how ‘fat’ he was.

He the faucet and let it run for a moment, before cupping his hands beneath the cold water, and splashed it on his face, repeating the process again and again.

I don’t love Cho Kyuhyun. He kept muttering in the back of his head.

I can’t love him.

 I don’t love him.

And I will not love him.

 

 A/N: Whew! Would you look at that chapter!
Long eh? (Okay, it's long to me =.=. probably 'cause I'm a lazy typer.....)
But anyways, enjoy this lovely chapter that was properly edited by the awesome other author, lahdeedah000!
I know, we're awesome.

:iconohstopityouplz:
I'm just kidding.
But no, seriously, we'll try our hardest to meet your standards :)
Anyways, PLEASE LEAVE
COMMENTS! <--- I'm a comment ....  (◕‿◕✿)