Fourth Dimension

No Pain, No Game

 

May 18th, 2016 – Fourth Dimension

After that fateful night, Donghae never saw things between him and Eunhyuk in the same light again. Maybe it was his weird mind spazzing out every time he saw the other, but he never forgot it, and he liked to think Eunhyuk didn’t either. Though of course he was the one whose emotions were always shown, while Eunhyuk was the polar opposite.

On the not-so-bright side, he had discovered the day after that his supposed “girlfriend” had been using him as a decoy for her actual crush, who went by the name of Choi Siwon, women magnet extraordinaire. He had nearly chucked the girl out the window, and probably would’ve if not for the fear of Eunhyuk finding out and making him glue the pieces back together one by one with his bodily fluids. Well, it was that, or having his limbs chopped up and fed to the weirdly enthusiastic seagulls that seemed to hang around their residence, maybe in the hopes of receiving naughty boy flesh for breakfast one day.

So Donghae was never able to trust anyone else again, other than Eunhyuk. Sure, they both went through relationships in high school, but neither of them really felt anything akin to love for any of those girls…

“Yah, I’m home! Have you finished making dinner already? I’m starving!” Eunhyuk strolled in all shnazzy in his business attire (he worked as a personal fashion consultant, as unlikely as it was), making a beeline for the kitchen, or more specifically, the refrigerator.

Donghae, who worked part-time as a police officer (but of course he was on call 24/7), scurried to the kitchen as to make sure Eunhyuk did not accidentally trip and gracefully faceplant himself on the fridge, nor accidentally trip the fridge and have it fall on his face, not as gracefully.

Sadly, that was spoken from experience.

“Ah, mianhae, I was so lost in my thoughts that I forgot about it! Don’t worry, I promise it’ll be ready in 10 minutes!” He hurriedly shut the fridge door and ushered Eunhyuk out of his precious kitchen, all the while trying to boil water and shove in handfuls of noodles at the same time.

Needless to say, it did not work as well as he had hoped. However…

Nine-and-a-half minutes later, Donghae proudly lugged a pot full of soup and noodles onto the dining table. “Hyukkie, dinnertime!” But there was no answer, which was rare. Eunhyuk was always punctual for everything.

Donghae tiptoed to Eunhyuk’s room and found the latter sprawled onto his bed, still in his crisp suit and snoozing like a dead rock. Donghae allowed himself a small laugh as he attempted to wake the other up, which did not help very much. It was only to Donghae’s disadvantage that Eunhyuk was not ticklish.

So, what could one do other than help their best friend out of that large amount of stupid stiff clothing into something more comfortable, such as—

Donghae could not think. Donghae could not think. Donghae could not think. He thinks he had been trying to find sweatpants when his train of thought just went whoosh and all he could think of was was was was was was was was—

Since when had his best friend looked so… so… inviting? delicious? maybe comparable to Siwon (in terms of magnet extraordinaire, of course)?

Donghae shook those thoughts from his mind. Hell, Eunhyuk was his best friend. Maybe it only applied in opposite-gender language, but that meant off-limits and friendzoned.

Sighing, he finally succeeded in his goal and tucked said friend in, debating a bit before deciding, what the hell, and leaned down, giving Eunhyuk a quick kiss on the cheek. He could’ve sworn the latter blushed, but he escaped and nearly broke through the wall with the door before he could make certain.

Deep in the night, both of them were lying in bed wide awake, trying to work up the ever-loving balls courage to go to the other’s room and confess something that had been on both of their minds since exactly five years ago.

Instead, one of the two got up, slipped out the window, and made his way to an unknown destination.

The next morning, though it was Donghae’s day off, he got a call from the police chief requesting him to come in.

And it sounded pretty serious to him. 

 

 

 

Another random A/N: My life  o_o anyways sorry this was so short my dad was bugging me yesterday and then my internet ran out so I didn't have any more inspiration to write T_T but here it is now and I'm pretty sure the next one will be longer and... more... eventful xD Thanks for reading <3