Intro and the Like

No Pain, No Game

 

As parents, ancestors, and siblings alike have always said, “when in Rome, do as the Romans do”.

Eunhyuk couldn’t have disagreed more.

See, the point of all these people in the world is not to be the same, but to be different. Separated. Unique. Who cares if everyone else in society believes that homouality is immoral? Who cares if they all conform to the belief that God, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny are real? They have nothing to do with you, and you have nothing to do with them. Stay low, stay down, stay alone. Go figure.

And that’s the kind of mentality Eunhyuk beheld as he walked into the airport in the middle of Seoul after a backbreaking journey that had lasted over two days. What was this, a couple trips around the world?

It was a blisteringly hot day, the temperature so much higher than what he had expected. This was Seoul after all, not the Sahara. Eunhyuk had lived here most of his childhood (and adulthood, but he was trying not to remember that), but he had pored over maps in the past and decided once and for all that this was about as close to the equator as he would go.

He had heard that dying of heat was nearly as bad as drowning.

Eunhyuk was so lost in his thoughts of dying of heat in the Sahara desert with only herds of buffalo for company that he plowed head-on into a group of tourists. “Sorry,” he mumbled, then skirted around them (who were presently shooting laser beams at him from eyes that strangely resembled Angry Bird eyes) and made his way to his destination: the exit.

Laser beams just added to the high possibility of dying of heat in this place. Eunhyuk did not come all the way here to die.

In fact, he had always imagined himself fighting an epic battle at the age of 100, and then accidentally stepping on a pebble, tripping, falling headfirst into the river nearby, and—

But that’s a story for another time. Right now, he needed a taxi. And maybe it was his platinum blond hair, but there were a gajillion taxis and not one of them offered to give him a lift.

It wasn’t like he couldn’t drive or anything… but hijacking a car was out of question and would only serve to inflict more disaster upon his (not-so-clean) record.

There was a reason why Eunhyuk had returned to Seoul. It was big, bold, and rather form-fitting, he must say. There was only one tiny little flaw in his plan…

He would have to meet his ex-best friend/boyfriend Donghae again.

This is the story of how he met this “Donghae”, how he learned to love, to hate, to forgive…

But never to forget.