Third Time's a Charm

No Pain, No Game

 

May 18th, 2011 – Third Time’s a Charm

“Hey Hyukkie, look at what I got for my girlfriend! Isn’t it awesome? I know she’ll just love it, right?!” Donghae was bouncing off the walls of the apartment that he and Eunhyuk were presently sharing, apparently having had just a pinch too much sugar.

The latter, on the other hand, was not very pleased. “Hae, you should probably get started on your homework. You know how terrible you are at algebra, and I’m not planning to waste my time watching you be Spiderman.”

Donghae pouted, but he knew he wasn’t the sensible one in this household. About two years after Eunhyuk had moved in with Donghae, the latter’s parents had gotten into a collision with a pickup truck on the freeway while they were heading home from Costco. It was quite depressing, for they were the only adults Eunhyuk had actually grown to like, somewhat.

Therefore, their deaths were swift and merciful. And very unprecedented.

Donghae squatted beside Eunhyuk and made faces at him, trying to get his attention. “Hyukkie,” he pouted, “you haven’t even looked at what I bought yet! You’ve just been minding your own weird business ever since we got home, and— hey, you look kind of pale! Are you sick? Hyukkie, what’s wrong?!”

Eunhyuk sighed and turned his head slightly before saying, “I have no interest in this girlfriend of yours, though I wish you guys well. Go finish your homework, Hae, and get some sleep. We have a long day ahead of us, neh?” He got up and trudged off to his room, all but slamming the door behind him.

“Gee, I wonder what’s gotten into that guy. He was always serious, but never this serious… Ah well, he’s right anyways. We do have a long day ahead of us!” And with this, Donghae retreated to his own room, brushing aside what seemed like an insignificant action.

Meanwhile, in Eunhyuk’s room, Eunhyuk had never felt sadder. Or maybe it was madder. Either way, he was pissed and needed to get his hands on some—

Sliding the window up, he peered out and was greeted by a thick branch in his face. He pushed the branch aside and jumped out, landing rather gracefully and brushing himself off. He then made his way north, towards—

“Hyukkie? Where are you going at a time like this?” Honestly speaking, this was probably the first, last, and only time Eunhyuk had actually been (and ever will be) sneaked up on.

“H-hae? Wha— Why are you out here? It’s late, you should be in bed!”

“Speak for yourself, Hyukkie.” Donghae gestured around them in a grandiose manner. “It’s nearly midnight, and you’re not in bed. Where do you think you’re going?”

“Hae, you’re not my mother—”

“Screw it!” This was the first time, ever, that he had seen his best friend mad at anything. Donghae was always so reserved… At this, Eunhyuk staggered backwards. Donghae only seemed to be ganging up on him.

“I’m worried about you, don’t you understand?! I’ve noticed you leaving a couple of times the past few years, and I’ve always let it go because you’ve returned home safe and sound. But these nights you’ve been going out more, and it just leads me to believe that I’m not even important to you in your eyes because you can’t even tell me where you’re going, at night, no less!” Donghae hung his head after that tirade and looked two times smaller, albeit similar to a lost Chihuahua.

Eunhyuk had nothing to say. His mind was a vast blanket of darkness, because he was just the kind of person to hide his feelings behind a veil and never let them out. He lifted his head, defeated, and noticed the beautiful full moon hanging in the dark sky. His eyes began to tear up. “Hae, I’m sorry…”

“I don’t want an apology, I just want to know— heck, I just want you home and safe right now, okay? So just… you don’t have to tell me anything, just come home with me…” Donghae held a hand out and waited, for either acceptance or rejection.

Eunhyuk was torn. He really was. This was something he needed, yet… somehow, Donghae was something (someone) he needed too.

He looked at the outstretched hand, and he started to stretch his own hand out to take it. By some unseen force (yeah right), his hand grabbed his friend’s shoulder instead, and pulled him into a hug.

Donghae was surprised, of course, but he quickly recovered and returned the hug. However, the next thing he registered was his best friend’s lips on his own and hands roaming everywhere and oh god I think I see stars and are those clouds hey they look yummy—

Before he knew it, it was over and all he saw was Eunhyuk in his peripheral vision, walking in the direction of their apartment. He hefted a sigh, and started following a bit slower, staggering a little because he was still kind of light-headed.

But I have a girlfriend… was his last thought before he fell into a deep, fitful slumber. 

 

 

Random A/N: I just went on tumblr to find a Eunhae pic and I kinda got lost within the rather large amounts of... must keep feels to self o_o AND THAT IS THE REASON FOR THE MAIN IMAGE OF THIS CHAPPIE BYE I'M GOING TO GO DIE NOW <3