Verbal Charades

[Prerevamp] The Whitest Snow [Oneshot Collection][apply]

Verbal Charades

Character: Ren Jinguji X OC

 

 

“You must have been too excited to meet me, koneko-chan”

  “If 15 minutes late is too excited, then you must have been restlessly eager to meet me, being late for one and a half hour”

 

For him, she was an easy game. Girls, in general, are easy games. He practically breathes pheromones that attract the bees. He has always been confident about his uality.

 

For her, he was an egoistic male, typical of male species, a brute, an over confident one at that -someone who needs to be whipped to learn his lesson.

 

 For some reasons, as she said those lines, she was smiling, widely.

 

Fakely, she thought. I am doing this as this arrogant idol needs correcting.

 

Jinguji Ren kept his smile, his picture perfect smile that draws the ladies in, despite being thrown off balanced within the first minutes of their meeting. Silence hanged in the air, and they were staring at each other’s eyes, both arrogant and unyielding, as if this date is clash, a duel.

 

“One would have been excited to meet a beautiful lady such as yourself” He took her hand, and kissed the back of her palm, not breaking eye contact. Girls love this, ren. Not a knee of a woman did not melt at this gesture. He looks at her eyes waiting for her to slip off a reaction, any reaction and the victory is in sight. If she’d smile, she’s flirting back. If she frowned, she’s confused, but welcomes the idea. If she turns angry, it means, with a simple touch he could bring this woman to a boiling point.

 

Nothing. The girl simply abstained from giving off any reaction that easy. Those bored indifferent blue orbs simply stared back at him for a few minutes before answering, “Yeah… that or one would have been excited to finish this gig off”. Tch, typical of a man to act all gentlemanly as if we, girls need their chivalry to live.She smirked. No sir, not i.

 

With no more words, Ren decided open the door of the limousine for the woman to come aboard. Both parties expected this date to be nothing but verbal charades where nothing would come out of.

 

Jinguji Ren thinks that this girl is not interested that she just wants to come to annoy the hell out of him, but he will not falter. With a strong resolve, he will not lose.  What Ren failed to take into account is that what that woman had to undergo to be the one seated next to him, to win a day to meet him.

 

Mayuri Chiba thinks she has failed to get his attention. After almost being unable to sleep that night, thinking of what greeting she could do to get him interested to know her she made a huge blunder with that cold remark. She hits herself inside her head, punishing herself for being stupid. She really should have slept. Her eyes are drooping and she could not smile properly. What she failed to take into account is that with that greeting, she caught his attention far more than any girl could.

 

Now, we are left to wonder what will happen to these two.