Hello

[Prerevamp] The Whitest Snow [Oneshot Collection][apply]

 

Words can mean a lot. Whether it is spoken in a longest rhetoric or just a brief “Thank you”, It creates impact; it changes lives. Who knows what a simple “yes” can do? A “yes” can start a relationship and a “yes” can end one too. But, do you know what word strikes me the most? It is the most common and widely-used word of all time, It is a simple “Hello”.
You may think that “Hello” is just a plain greeting, but a simple “Hello” can mean everything. You see, in my life, a hello is the most memorable word of all, simply because of him.
 
It was a summer day, a typical hot summer day. The world is on its typical cliché. The sun is shining brightly, too bright that you you’ll think that it is near to earth, but of course, it is not. The green leaves of the trees in the school grounds are protecting you from the ever-so-harsh summer sun. You see how typical the setting is? It is a cliché, an unmemorable setting that do not fit the most memorable memory of all. 
 
You see, the most unforgettable moments of your life happens when you least expect it. That moment is the most unexpected memorable moment for me because at that time, I was just doing my cyclic routines. I was simply reading my books under a tree, in the university school grounds. If you’ve known me, you might complain that I always do that every day, how come it is memorable still? Yes, I do read every day, but what happened while I read at that time comes only once in a lifetime.
 
I was reading my book. It might have been a Jane Austen or a Shakespearian Classic. I don’t remember because, it is so typical of me to read books like that. I sat on my usual spot, a blanket as my mat. I was busy reading when.
“Ouch!” A yelp of pain I’ve heard. When I look at where the voice is coming from, I saw an angel fall down from the heavens, or rather, MY angel fall down from a tree.
 
I looked at his delicately feminine features, his chinky eyes that resembles that of a feline; his jaw line that made him look so masculine and feminine at the same time; and his heart-shaped lips lusciously glistening under the spot light of the sun.
 
I’ve seen him around the campus; He is the oh-so-famous Campus heartthrob. A rapper, a dancer, a singer, He is definitely perfect, blessed with a myriad of talents to flaunt- Kim Kibum, or Key as he likes to address himself.
 
He has this glare that attracts you and scares you at the same time. But he isn’t showing that at this time because now,
 
He is definitely in pain.
 
When he saw me looking at him, his painful expression turned into a smile; the smile I’ve always dreamt of receiving, a smile that is for me.
 
He tried to get up, but eventually crunched his nose and held his back. It must really hurt. I left my books behind and helped him get back on his feet. When he is fully standing, he smiled at me and said.
 
“Hello.”
 
The first word I have heard from him; the first word that made my heart skip a beat; the first word to ever make my mind fly in pure euphoria.
 
He faced away from me and started walking on the direction opposite to where I am standing at that time. He is leaving…
 
“Park Haneul, right?” I stared in disbelief, He knows my name! He knows my name! Did he really say my name?
 
He grinned at me for the last time, and walked away. The winds blowing at our left is now dancing, dancing with my heart.
You might think that there is nothing special about that day, that there is nothing extraordinary with that hello. But that word is the first word I heard from him- from the only man I have loved.
 
And from that moment on, I never looked at the word hello, the same way as I did back then.
It doesn’t matter if he and I got together, or my love remained unreciprocated, ‘cause that is a different memory, a different story. What matters most, for me at least, is that I’ve met him. 
 
That hello will always remind me that the “key” who owns the key to my heart is real and that I know how to feel and love, because, with that hello, I loved Key-oppa.
 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
This fic is for mimi.. who loves key so much. 
My first Key oneshot.. hope you liked it..
 
Miyoko Kato, signing off <3