Meet Mrs. Jung

Love Story in S♥NE High

Jessica’s POV

“Omo Jess! Yul is walking this way”, Tiffany whispered.

I look at the person she was talking about, she is right, he is looking at me with a thin smile on his face.

What is he trying to do? I got nervous just thinking about the stuff that he will do, as far as I know he is daring.

My heart is beating fast as he comes closer to where we are.  No…. No…  Please don’t do anything crazy, I’m panicking when he stop in front of my seat, grinning and still looking at me.

“Kwon Yul! Come over here! There’s someone who wants to talk to you”, a shout was heard from the side of the pool.

I sighed in relief, his coach is calling for him.

 

 

No one’s POV

Yul stopped whatever he was going to and turned back to his coach with a frowning face. He was going to ask for another present from his girlfriend, and while he’s at it, he was going to tell the whole school that their relationship is not just rumors, however thanks to his coach, it’s all now ruined.

“Coming”, he said in a disappointed tone and run to his coach, who was standing beside a guy that seems like a professional trainer.

“What was that about?”, Sunny asked.

“*laugh* I think he just wanted to show off”, Taeyeon explained, while the others just nodded saying they understand.

 

“Right, anyway, I think we’ll leave first, I still need to prepare for the trip, so see you guys later~”, Sunny get up from her seat tugging Sooyoung with her.

“Bye guys”, he waved to the others.

 

“Do you want us to wait for you or you’ll be alright by yourself?”, Tiffany asked her bestfriend after Sunny and Sooyoung have disappeared.

“Where are you going?”

“Home, I need to pack my stuff too”

“Huh? I thought you have done with your packing. Didn’t you do it yesterday?”

“Yeah, but I need to double check everything to make sure I have enough”, she showed her trademark eye-smile.

“For God’s sake, Tiff! It’s just for two days, how many bags do you want to bring?”, Jessica holding her temple.

 

“So? Should we wait for you?”

“It’s ok, since you need to go home and DOUBLE Check your stuff”, the shorter girl answered in sarcastic tone.

 

“Where are you guys going? What trip?”, in the end Krystal asked when she couldn’t contain her curiosity anymore.

“Oh! We are going to Japan for the weekend, using Yul’s private jet!”, the bubbly girl answered.

“Woah! Private jet! That’s so cool!”, the younger girls eyes widen.

“Yup! Anyway, we’ll get going first, see you later Jess”, they said teir goodbye and walk out from the gym, leaving the sisters and some other people who was still there.

 

“How come you didn’t say anything about the trip?”, the younger sister asked.

“I haven’t told mom and dad about that yet, why would I tell a kid like you?”, she flick her sister’s forehead.

“Ouch! Aish!”, Krystal hissed while holding her forehead.

“Why? Do you want to come too?”

“I would like too, but thinking about how all of you will be busy with your other half, I don’t think so”, she’s shivering thinking about it.

“Woah! Seems like you have learnt the meaning of the word ‘shame’”, she patted her sister’s head.

“Unnie!!!”, she frowned, while Jessica was laughing at her aegyo.

“What’s so funny? ”, suddenly a deep, husky voice was heard from behind them, startling the ice-princess, resulting her to produce a high-pitch scream. The other two could only cover their ears to prevent it from being damaged.

“Wow! Are you a dolphin?”, he slowly uncover his ear, getting a deadly glare from his girlfriend.

“NEVER sneak up on me like that! I hate it!”

“Aww~ Sorry Baby, I won’t do it again, I promise”, he hold both of his hands together, asking for forgiveness.

“You better be”, she said while getting up from her seat.

 

“Are you guys done? Anyway, gratz Oppa! Are you going to treat us some food? You know, for your achievement and your relationship?”, she gave him her sweetest smile, the one that’s hiding an intention behind it.

“Sure, what do you want to eat?”

“Just when I though she has learnt the meaning of ‘shame’ *sigh*”, her sister muttered under her breath.

“*laugh* It’s alright, shall we?”, he offered his hand to his girlfriend, she hesitated but accepted regardless.

“Oh gosh! It’s so weird”, Krystal hasn’t seen her sister being that close to a guy for quite some time.

“You should find a boyfriend yourself”, Yul laughed at her and they starting to walk to the car.

 

~~~

They have done with their lunch and on the way to Jung’s resident.

“Yul… I haven’t told my parents about the trip yet”, Jessica said in low voice, hoping that the guys sitting beside her won’t be too disappointed to hear it.

“Huh? Wae? Wae? Wae?”, he uses his aegyo.

“I don’t know how should I tell them about it, I rarely go on a trip, not to mention with guys, so far I’ve only been on trip with only Tiffany and Sunny”, she explained, while he just nodded in understanding.

“But, do you want to go?”, he asked in slightly serious tone, he doesn’t want to force her to go, even though he prefers to go with her, after all he suggested this idea so that they will have more time to spend together during the trip.

“Yes, of course, I think it will be fun”, she quickly answered, still feeling guilty.

His face brightens up in an instant, “Great! Let’s ask for their permission later, I’ll help you with it”.

 

 

~~~ Jung’s resident

In the living room, the young couple is sitting across the middle age woman who is looking sternly at them.

“So you are Kwon Yul?”, she asked, looking directly to the young’s man eyes.

“Yes, Mrs. Jung”, he answered politely, with a slight bow. Silence. . .

. . .

. . .

“OMO! Such a handsome young man! Not to mention a very polite one too!”, Mrs. Jung said while holding both of her hands, admiring the handsome figure in front of her.

“Gosh! Mom!”, Jessica can only facepalm herself in embarrassment, while the guy beside her is looking confused, he was nervous and now he doesn’t know how to describe his feeling right now.

 

Flashback few minutes ago

Yul and Jessica is standing in front of Jung’s house, he exhaled a heavy breath, Krystal has gone inside the house.

“It was so easy to say it before”, he sighed.

“Are you ok?”, she was going to laugh but she held it when she saw his nervous expression, she feeling sorry for him.

“Never thought he will get nervous over this kind of thing, The Kwon Yul is nervous, how cute! He was really confident before”, she thought to herself.

“*clears throat* Yeah”, he was still staring at the door.

“Let’s go in then”, she opens the door and invited him to the house.

 

“Mom, we are home”, she called out for her mom , but didn’t get any reply.

“I think mom is not at home”, the younger girl appeared from the kitchen, going up to her room, “Thanks again for the lunch Oppa!”, and rushed to her room, leaving the two alone.

“Hmm, let’s just wait for her in living room”, the door opened as soon as she finished her sentence, revealing a middle aged woman carrying some shopping bags. Yul rushed to help her when he saw her.

“You’re back!”, Jessi said.

“Good afternoon Mrs. Jung, I’m Kwon Yul, Jessica’s boyfriend”, he bowed politely.

“Let me help you with that”, he took some of the bags from her and brought them to the kitchen.

“Thank you”, Mrs. Jung was shocked for awhile and looking at her daughter with a questioning look.

“He is the same one that Krystal talked about before”, she whispered, getting a nod as a reply.

He came back from the kitchen to find the two women still standing at the same place.

“Let’s sit in the living room”, Mrs. Jung said, leading the two to the living room.

 

 

~~~ Back to present

Yul can at last show of his trademark smile, relived after hearing what Mrs. Jung said.

“Mom, is it ok if-”, Jessica just want to get this over and done with before more embarrassing things happen.

“No!”, Mrs. Jung answered, startling the youngster.

“I haven’t even finished yet”, her daughter said.

“If you want to get married now, then no, you guys need to finish your studies first”, Mrs. Jung said coolly, leaving the two dumbfounded.

“What? Where did you get that idea from?”, she was going to bang her head to the wall.

“Well, he came here out of the blue, putting up a serious and nervous face, even waited for me to come home just to introduce himself, what else if it’s not about marriage proposal?”, she smug proudly, like a detective who just solved an important case.

 Jessica is speechless and can only hide her face, ashamed of how her family behaved, while Yul burst into laughter.

“*laugh* Sorry if I embarrassed you Jess, that’s what parents do”, she her daughter’s hair.

“That’s true!”, Yul supported, earning a glare from the girl beside him.

“What was it that you wanted to say before?”, Mrs. Jung asked.

“We are planning to go to Japan during the weekend, is it alright if Jessica come with us?”, Yul said, after he stopped laughing.

“Fany and Sunny will be going too”, Jessi added.

“How many of you are going?”

“It’ll be 6-7 of us”, Yul answered.

“*nods* I see”

“So? We’ll be back before Monday”, Jessica asked again.

“Hmm.. Alright, make sure to take a good care of her, Yul, I’ll look for you if anything happen to her”, at last they got the permission.

(A/N: Seriously, happen with Asian parents, they need to know details)

 

“Ok, you guys talk first, I’ll pack my stuff”, Jessi said before rushing to her room, leaving her mom and her boyfriend in the living room.