A Man In Love.

Exquisite One Shots.

 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
requested by ; MICKEY.
story title ; a man in love.
oneshot writer ; chibicheeks~!
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
 
“A-a-a-a~ A-a-a-a~ A-a-a-a~” Sungjong danced to Rainbow’s A in the car with his two hyungs, Sungyeol and L. The other four were in another car. With the flip of his hair, the two burst out laughing. He smiled. It was what he did best. He was Lee Sungjong. The so-called lovechild of ssanti king Jo Kwon of 2AM and the diva queen Kim Key of SHINee. It was the image he had built since debut. He couldn't act any other way. Sungjong stepped out of the car to only be greeted by a loud, seemingly endless crowd of screaming fan girls. He was just going to the hair salon.
 
He stood with his long, shaggy, blonde hair and waved to the crowd. They squealed. Behind him, L pushed him a little to go faster and they made their way into the salon. The four oldest hyungs were standing there already, waiting to be assigned to their chairs. Sungjong danced around and greeted the hairdressers and other people. Meanwhile, everyone was seated in a chair and Sungjong was called over. He jumped into his chair, being a little too excited for their BTD performance on Inkigayo. A hairdresser came over to him and started working on his hair.
 
He watched her work and started to sing softly to BTD. "Because I listen to my heart, beat one by one~" He softly fell asleep. Two hours later, he got up and his hair was done. He looked in the mirror and touched his hair lightly and smiled. Sungjong turned his head to see his hyungs, Woohyun and Sunggyu asleep in their chairs with the hairdressers above them. An idea for a prank popped into his mind and he rushed over to them. Sungjong peered at their sleeping faces and rolled his eyes. If only fangirls saw how they slept!
 
He looked at the two hairdressers and put a finger to his lip, signaling and asking them to be quiet. They both nodded and continued to their work. Sungjong squatted between the two and prepared to grab their arms in a frenzy movement. He turned to look at both of them once more and then squealed, "OPPA!! OPPA!!" He was also tugging on their arms. Woohyun and Sunggyu startled awake and both instinctly pulled their arms away from the "fangirl". They both turned their head at the same time to see Sungjong. Sungjong smiled and then hurried away giggling. The two looked at each other and smiled. *Cute.*
 
--
 
The seven members of Infinite dragged themselves through the seemingly endless hallways of the Woollim Entertainment building. They just finished the BTD performance an hour ago and were now on their way to practice more. Their groggily faces screamed tired and exhaustion. From the side, a door to a practice room opened. Four girls stepped out and their eyes widened when they saw Infinite. "Annyeong haseyo Infinite sunbaenim! We're Hue!" The four girls bowed. "We're a group in training! We will debut in two months! Ah! I forgot to introduce ourselves." One girl said. "I'm Kang Ari, the leader! This is Ha Byul, the lead singer, Son Remi, our rapper, and Lee Mika, the maknae and lead dancer!"
 
Infinite's eyes widened at the professional aspect of the girls. Everyone, except Sungjong, straighten up and wanted to look "cool" in front of the girls. Sungjong noticed and created curious stares at the older six. He lifted his head up to see the four girls. Kang Ari. Okay. Ha Byul. Nice name. Son Remi. Tomboy. Lee Mi- Sungjong's eyes were glued onto her face as he took in her excessive beauty. She glowed in the faint lighted hallway. When Sungjong noticed he was staring at her, he cleared his throat which caused the ten others to look at him. He caught them looking at him and his mind shuffled to think of an excuse.
 
"Annyeong! I'm Infinite's maknae, Sungjong!" He nudged L next to him. "Ah. I'm L." The introductions went on until Hoya. "Annyeong haseyo!" He spun around. "I'm dancing machine Hoya of Infinite!" Although Sungjong's head was turned to his hyung, Sungjong saw Mika out of the corner of his eye. Her face and cheeks were a blushing red. He grew angry, curious and concerned all at the same time. Concerned; was she sick? Curious; was she okay? Angry; why was she like this? Why was she blushing? Was it because of hyung?
 
--
 
Sungjong sat in the room that he shared with his two hyungs, L, and Hoya. He sat and thought about Mika. Mika never seemed to acknowledge his presence. He grew upset and pouted. Suddenly, an idea came into his mind. He hastily got up and rushed to his closet that he shared with L. He came across many plaid shirts, all of which were brand new. Sungjong looked through them and came across a varsity jacket-looking sweater.
 
It was Hoya's shirt from the Nothing's Over promotions. Looking around, Sungjong saw no one. He put on the sweater and looked at himself in the mirror. His slim and scrawny figure made the sweater look big on him. He just couldn't see himself as being "manly" and "strong". He decided not to act girly or look cute anymore. At that moment, a new Lee Sungjong had been born. And this one was about to let everything go.
 
He stepped outside to see his hyungs sitting at their small kitchen table talking. With the sound of his door closing, they turned their heads to see him. "Yo." Sungjong coolly walked past them and headed for the bathroom. His six hyungs' eyes widened and they looked in his direction. Sungyeol was the first to speak up. "What just happened?" The others looked at him and shrugged. In the bathroom, Sungjong was sitting with his back against the door and he sighed. He didn't know how to act this way. He thought back to Mika. Her face had all of the perfect features. Her almond-shaped eyes, her small and cute nose, and especially her perfectly chiseled jaw line. Sungjong sighed again. He couldn't do anything.
 
Sungjong walked back to his room. There, L was sitting on his bed and listening to his iPod. His eyes were closed but he felt a presence so he opened them and saw Sungjong. He was still curious about what had happened when Sungjong walked past them with a simple "Yo." He didn't know how to react to it. l looked at Sungjong. Sungjong was becoming someone he didn't know;  despite their extreme closeness. L sighed and pulled out his headphones. He curled them around his iPod and walked over to Sungjong who was looking through his clothes. "Jong-ah. What's bothering you?"
 
Sungjong looked up at L. He wasn't surprised that L knew he was upset;  they've known each other for a while and grew close. Sungjong looked down at his feet and his arms went limp and inched away from his clothes. "Hyung... did you ever like a girl so much that you couldn't stop thinking about her and even wanted to change yourself so she could like you?" Sungjong trusted L for all advice to his problems. L did not have any reaction to the question. "No. But I know something. You like Mika don't you? That dancing girl from Hue." Sungjong's eyes grew wide. L was usually really smart and observant to his surroundings but this was TOO observant. He was spot on with Sungjong's feelings. It was just amazing. Sungjong just nodded and began to tell L everything.
 
--
 
Sungjong sat on the set of Star King, the popular variety show where people from around the world displayed their talents. He looked around to see many idols there. SHINee, 2AM, After School, SNSD, and miss A. Sungjong sat next to his hyungs and they silently watched the people performing. Some were shocking, some were interesting, some were amazing. After two hours filming, the show was coming to an end. The second to last performer came out as T-ARA's I Go Crazy Because Of You started to play through the loudspeakers.
 
A pretty and slim girl came out and strutted onto the center of the stage. She began dancing and started to act really y and the idols started moving too. After the song ended, she introduced herself and wanted to perform a dance song she personally wrote. She asked some idols to just dance to the beat behind her. The song began cutely, sounding bubbly like SNSD's Gee. The background music started giving a hard beat and then her dancing began to get ier. The legendary kkab Kwon came out and started crazily dancing behind her. It got many laughs and soon the dancing diva Key cam out as well.
 
Key started dancing next to Kwon. It seemed as though it was a battle, like many of the other girl group and kkab dance battles they had before. Sungjong's fellow member, Woohyun, pushed him to go out and join. Sungjomg stumbled but managed to make it look like part of his dance. He stood next to Kwon and Key but didn't dance crazily like them. Sungjong already memorized the hard beat of the song and started to dance ily instead of girly. He made his way next to the singing girl and did a body roll with her. She was surprised but pretended it was part of her dance routine and continued dancing with Sungjong as her partner.
 
They danced ily side by side and he didn't even notice that Kwon and Key were watching him with slight envy. Sungjong did not act the least bit girly. He had just obtained a new image. Just by a single dance. He became a Sungjong that no one recognized. A Sungjong that some envied. A Sungjong that was ignored. His fans wanted the old Sungjong back.
 
--
 
Sungjong appeared on Strong Heart with L. On his board he wrote, "Lovechild Problem." L had written, "The Face" on his board. Both silent sat while stories were told, smiled when one was hit by the large gust of wind to signal their failure, and laughed when a joke was told. Soon it was time for another story to be told. Lee Seung Gi looked at the untouched boards. Reading Sungjong's, he called on him. Sungjong began his story with an introduction. "Annyeong haseyo, I'm Infinite's maknae Sungjong!" He smiled and waved. Then he turned to Seung Gi. "I have a lovechild problem. No, I'm not a father or anything. This is because of my image. I know that on variety shows, I dance to girl group dances. Many people and my fans refer to me as the lovechild of 2AM's Jo Kwon and SHINee's Key."
 
The other celebrities opened their mouth in understanding and shock. Sungjong continued. "I know that this has formed to become my image in Infinite. But I don't understand why others can dance to girl group dances too and still have their current image of being a handsome lead singer without a single blemish. I'm going to use Infinite as an example. We recently came back with BTD. The song has given us a very manly and strong image. When I heard about the concept, I had hoped that I could build a manlier image too. I even dyed my hair blonde! But I didn't. Like Woohyun hyung, Dongwoo hyung, and Hoya hyung became really strong and built in preparation for this album. I couldn't because I was too skinny.
 
"So being referred to as the lovechild of two popular sunbaenims, I felt... fake. Like I was living off their popularity. I don't want that. I want to build my own image. I want to be manlier and stronger and cooler. I can't because of this forestaken personality that was handed to me." L looked at Sungjong with pride. He was happy that Sungjong was letting everything out and he was doing this all for Mika. L knew Sungjong would be doing this "lovechild problem" as his story. L thought Sungjong had worded it very well. His thoughts were interrupted by a voice. One of the MCs.
 
Kang Hodong spoke up. "Sungjong. I just want to make a small comment. A few days ago, you were on Star King right?" Sungjong nodded. "Yes. And when that gitl came out to sing and dance, Kwon and Key went to dance too right? And you know how they are. Always dancing like madmen and always trying to beat the other." Sungjong nodded, trying to understand his point. "So what I mean is, you came out to dance as well. However, you firmly got the beat, very quickly I must say, and performed extremely well with the girl compared to the other two who were battling in the back. I think that your actions there will definitely help your image." Sungjong nodded and smiled as the audience applauded. He also got up to do a ninety degree bow to the MC. "Kamsahamnida Kang Hodong sunbaenim."
 
--
 
Sungjong sat in the dorm with his computer on his lap. There were online broadcasts for both Star King and Strong Heart. Unfortunately for Sungjong, comments were allowed to be posted on both episodes. On Strong Heart, there were some positive and negative comments. "Ahh. I understand where oppa is coming with this! I agree.. he is always called the lovechild of Key and Kwon oppas..." "It's Sungjong's fault anyways. He is the one that does the dances and acts that way. It's no one's beside him." Sungjong felt down but happy that some people supported his new image.
 
On the Star King episode, there were many fans that complained and left negative comments about Sungjong. "Why is Sungjong oppa dancing with the girl? He should be with Kwon and Key oppas!" "Sungjong... Who is that? That is not the Sungjong I know..." Sungjong just sighed and continued to scroll down the page. He was lookong for ONE positive comment to cheer himself up. His eyes flickered like a movie projector looking for that comment. He instantly stopped scrolling when he found the word "like." Reading the comment, a small smile formed on his lips. "This Sungjong... I like him a lot^^" Sungjong beamed and looked at the screenname. His smiled faded. "This person is... MIKA?!?"
 
--
 
Infinite was heading for the practice room again to dance to their new song, Nothing's Over. BTD promotions had ended and Infinite would comeback again in a few days. Infinite had been physically changed and each member almost looked the complete opposite than with the BTD concept. Nothing's Over gave a more childish and fun image compared to BTD. This time, Sungjong dyed his hair to brown and he had cut it too so it wouldn't be so long. His makeup was lessened so he had a cute, natural, and fun look. In the practice room, the seven members took their positions to practice the chorus. "Nothing's over, nothing's over. Nothing's over, nothing's over." The simple swaying of their hands made the dance look easy. But Infinite aimed for their usual great synchronization instead of the simplicity of the dance.
 
Being so imersed in their practice, none of them noticed the door open to reveal four girls walk in. They were the girls from Hue and they were given special permission to watch their Infinite sunbaes in the practice room. Sunggyu was singing the last part. "Na aegen neo ppuniya~ (You were the only one to me~)" The dance slowly came to a close and Infinite just stood there until they heard the song start playing again. Hue applauded. Infinite slowly came out of their daze as they turned their heads to the girls behind them. Seeing the girls clap for them, they smiled. Sungjong was toward the side away from the girls so he lookes to Mika. She was standing in the front due to her representation as a maknae like he was.
 
The girls split up and started to different members of Infinite. Sungjong saw this as an opportunity to talk to Mika for the first time. He quickly turned to look at his reflection in the mirror and when he turned back, she was there. Laughing with his Howon hyung. It was aggrivating to see the girl he liked, and possibly loved, with another guy. Especially since it was his hyung. Sungjong's eyes squinted and glared a hole into his hyung's back. Hoya, getting an unusual feeling during around to see Sungjong looking at himself in the mirror. It was normal for him. As Hoya shrugged, Sungjong found his previous spot. Soon, he exploded. He angrily stomped out of the room. L, knowing what probably happened, ran out of the room to follow.
 
The door burst open on the outside and L frantically flipped his head in both directions of the hallway to look for Sungjong. "Hyung, I'm here." L froze and turned his head to the spot next to the door. Sungjong was sitting on the floor with his arms rested on top of his knees. L looked at his position and sighed. He took the place next to Sungjong, sitting in the same position. "Sungjong-ah... I saw what happened inside... Do you want to talk about it?" Sungjong left out an angry sigh. " Why does Mika like Howon hyung? I know they are both dancers and all but still!
 
"Hyung, I don't know what to do anymore. I want to confess but I don't know how. I've tried being manly but it's not working! She already said once that she liked my new image! Remember the comment I showed you on the online TV broadcast thing?!" L nodded. "Yeah, I remember." "Yeah! So why doesn't she show any interest towards me? I've done everything I could! Should I grow muscles and be super cool like  Howon hyung? What I should do?" Sungjong felt tears spring out of his eyes and he put his hands to his face to muffle his sobs. L felt helpless and also wanted to cry at his dongsaeng's sad and trembling figure. L just hugged him and tried to calm him down. Behind the closed practice room door, someone was listening to their conversation. *Did I really hurt you that much?*
 
--
 
For the next few days, Sungjong was depressed and cried himself to sleep. L heard Sungjong every night and he felt bad. Hoya was acting oblivious to the whole situation but he also notices Sungjong's depression and hears his nightly cries. Hoya wasn't good at comforting others and was afraid that if he tried, he would make the situation worse. So, he stayed quiet. On the other hand, Sungjong made every effort to act normal around his hyungs, including L and Hoya. He knew L would see past his fake mask of happiness but he didn't care. He tries to stay happy and forget Mika. She took his past, she could have Hoya too, but the one thing she couldn't take from him was his future.
 
--
 
Sungjong was heading for the practice room once again. He had just came back from a horrible schedule. Sungjong went on Quiz To Change The World and when they focused on him, all they talked about was his image change. What he wanted his new image to be, what he was doing to reach that new image, and most importantly, why he was doing it. Of course he had to protect his personal life, so he said that it was because he wanted to show his real side instead of having the girly, cute, and naive one he currently had. Sungjong got advice from many sunbaes saying that changing an image was hard no matter what concept the group was going through and no matter how he changed his ways. Sungjong agreed to all of them and thanked them. In his head, he attempted to build a new strategy but gave up in the end.
 
Sungjong walked down the hallway and neared the practice room door. His Infinite hyungs should've been there already there because some had previously ended schedules or no schedules at all. Sungjong passed a lot of practice room doors since the room Infinite usually practiced in was the second to last one at the end of the perpetual hallway. With three doors to go, Sungjong tried to hasten his pace. Suddenly, a door opened. Sungjong saw a pair of black converse and thought it was one of his hyungs waiting for him. He looked up to see the face of his lost love, Mika.
 
He stopped in his tracks and she stopped in her own. Being the only two in the hallway, the awkwardness between them rose and floated in the air around them. Sungjong awkwardly rubbed his neck and then bowed. "Annyeong haseyo. Um, sorry I have to go to practice. I'm already late." Sungjong began to walk past her and thinking he was finally over her. He was wrong. Mika watched him turn but grabbed his arm in time to feel the hard, ragging, growing muscles pulsing in his arm. Her senses tingled and she became surprised. Sungjong had been working out and tried to be buff. He just needed to gain weight.
 
Mika looked at Sungjong with extremely strong eye contact. "Sungjong sunbaenim... or better yet... Sungjong oppa.." Sungjong's heart fluttered the sound of her voice pronouncing his name so clearly with the word 'oppa'. He looked deep into her eyes. There were so many emotions in them that he couldn't tell what she was really feeling. Mika let go of his arm in a split second and held him by his waist. Sungjong's eyes widened. He didn't know what to say. "M-mika-sshi... What are you doing?" "Sungjong oppa... I'm sorry." Sungjong looked down at the smaller girl wrapped around his waist. "Oppa... I'm sorry I hurt you. I didn't know you liked me how I liked you..." 
 
Sungjong's eyes widened again. Mika liked him? "But what about all the interaction with Howon hyung?" Mika looked up at him with tears on the brim of her eye lids. "I thought... I thought I could ask Howon oppa to help me get you to notice me..." Sungjong cocked his head to the side. "Howon.. oppa?" Mika wiped her tears away. "Yeah.. Howon oppa is my older brother." Sungjong was surprised. "HUH? HE'S YOUR OLDER BROTHER?" Mika's eyes widened. "SHHHH! I wasn't supposed to tell anyone! Since we don't even look similar you didn't know right?" Sungjong just stared at her. He had liked his hyung's younger sister. He liked his hyung's sister. His hyung's sister. She liked him.
 
Mika saw Sungjong blanking out. She waved her hand in his face. "Oppa? Oppa?" Sungjong's mind snapped back to reality as Mika continued waving her hand in his face. He blinked a couple of times and instinctly grabbed her wrist to stop her waving. "You... like me?" Mika looked at her shoes and blushed. She nodded. Sungjong hugged her and held her in his arms. Mika's eyes widened at Sungjong's sudden embrace. "Thank you. You don't know how long I've waited to hear that." He pulled away from Mika and she blushed again. He smiled as he took her face in his hands. Sungjong neared Mika's face and whispered, "I love you." Then, he kissed her. Mika smiled into the kiss and kissed him back as they both heard a door open and someone scream, "YAH! LEE SUNGJONG! THAT'S MY SISTER!!!!!"
 
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
 
comment once you're done reading your one-shot.
e-xquisite.co.nr © 2011 | all rights reserved.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃