i love my best friend.

Exquisite One Shots.

 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
requested by ; LovelyyMelodyy.
story title ; i love my best friend.
oneshot writer ; visualdreamss.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
 
L.Joe was leisurely lounging at a bakery. He was flipping through a magazine but his eyes were locked on his phone as he went through pictures of Hyuna. Something about his noona was very intrigating and it made her irresistable for him. Meanwhile, his best friend Crissy along with her unnie Sunny were rushing in and out of the kitchen, fulfilling orders and storing cakes in the display case. Crissy stole a few quick glances at L.Joe who didn't look away from his phone. His frozen exterior and wide doe-eyes made her pout and she continued wiping the counter.
 
"Crissy, can you deliver this cake to that table over there?", Sunny asked as she pointed. Crissy nodded and travelled over.
 
After work, Sunny permitted Crissy to bring home a few treats. Crissy exited the bakery but didn't notice L.Joe following behind her. He slowly crept behind her and was about to poke her sides but she spotted his shadow and whipped around. She was about to throw a punch at him but he caught her hand in time. "Whoaaa there!", he shouted, pretending to be frightened. She huffed her breath and turned back around to continue walking. L.Joe frowned and assumed he upsetted her again. He caught up to her and slung his arm around her shoulders. She slightly turned her head to the opposite direction of L.Joe and secretly let a smile loose before turning back to him. "Can I help you, sir?"
 
"Yes please", he replied with a smirk. She crossed her arms and raised a brow, eyeing him straight in the eyes. "What?"
 
He took his arm off her and covered his blushing face. Crissy was becoming very curious and suspicious, regarding L.Joe's timid actions. "Just tell me what you want before your cheeks match your hair", she teased. He threw his fists down and pouted. "Hey! Pink hair is cool!"
 
"Not when your entire face matches pink cotton candy."
 
"GAH! WHATEVER!", he shouted as he stuck his tongue out.
 
A few minutes of silence wavered over them before Crissy reaches her house. Just as she marched up her front steps, L.Joe took her wrist and pulled her back, causing her to trip and fall into his arms. She quickly straightened up. "What's the matter now, L.Joe?", she questioned as she hid her blushing face by playing with her bangs. He took a deep breath, which made Crissy even more disquisitive.
 
"I like Hyuna..", he whispered. Crissy felt her heart break inside her chest but she slipped a fake smile. "Ah cool", she responded, trying to sound like she cared and was not feeling disappointed. He held his finger up and she let him continue. 
 
"I know how close you are with Hyuna and-"
 
"You want me to help hook you guys up, don't you?", she cut him off, unintentionally sounding stiff. He was taken aback but he slowly nodded his head. "Uh.. yeah, I-"
 
"Oh it's fine. I'll help you. See you tomorrow!", she quickly spat out as she unlocked the door and dashed in at the speed of light, slamming the door in L.Joe's face. He was confused by Crissy's sudden reaction but he went ahead and walked home.
 
On the other side of the door, Crissy slid down and reached the floor. She pulled her legs toward her, tightly hugging them against her chest, and laid her head down on her knees. Taecyeon walked by but froze in his tracks and backed up. "Crissy?"
 
She slightly rose her head but didn't have the strength to even give a weak smile. He shuffled over to her and sat down next to her, petting her head. "What's the matter, dongsaeng?"
 
She groaned in agitation and annoyance mixed with disappointment. "Nothing..", she muffled into her knees. Taecyeon sighed and looked down but he brought his finger to her side and gave it a good poke. She shrieked as she jumped up but she blew her bangs up in frustration. "Alright, I'll tell you!", she shouted in defeat.
 
Taecyeon smiled in superiority and pestered her to continue on. 
 
"L.Joe likes Hyuna unnie", she said in a deep, dark tone. 
 
"The gay one with the pink hair?"
 
Crissy let out a gasp and struck his shoulder with her fist. "OPPA!", she shouted as she smacked him again. He rubbed his shoulder and scrunched his nose up to make his face look "beastly".
 
"Do that again and I'll punch you in the face", she threatened with crossed arms.
 
"This is what I get for caring about you?", he questioned in a drama queen voice. "ALRIGHT! What do I do?", she asked as she rubbed her temples, hoping that her brother's response won't be stupid.
 
"I say just wait..", he spoke up after a few minutes. Crissy inspected his face for any signs of playing around but she saw no lack in seriousness. She tilted her head. "Why wait?"
 
"Trust me, just wait."
 
She sighed and got up. "Okay.."
 
Crissy walked to her room while Taecyeon stood up and went to his. "Phew! I should start giving better advice", he mumbled to himself.
 
--
 
The next day, Crissy swallowed the lump in and walked through the school doors. She spotted Hyuna hanging around the corridor with L.Joe. But she could tell Hyuna was fake smiling and the look in her face says "Go away!". She slowly approached the two and Hyuna popped on a grin as she threw her arms around Crissy. 
 
"CRISSY!", Hyuna shouted as she let go and turned her back towards L.Joe, who waved at Crissy. She weakly smiled back but faced Hyuna. "I am so glad you're here", Hyuna said throug gritted teeth, her eyes widening and pointing back at L.Joe. Crissy just shrugged and chuckled as she patted Hyuna's shoulder.
 
"Yo Crissy!"
 
The three turned around to see Hyunseung running up to them. When he was within reach, he wrapped Crissy in a one-arm hug. Hyuna felt her heart race in a fast speed. She covered and turned her head away to hide her smile. 
 
"Hey Crissy, I need to talk to you privately", Hyunseung said as he pointed down the hall. "Come with me to the library?"
 
Crissy shrugged her shoulders. "Sure." She turned to her friends to say bye but she gave Hyuna a weird look, even though she can't see because her head is still to the side. "Well, bye Hyuna unnie."
 
Hyuna waved in response without switching position and Crissy left with Hyunseung. L.Joe felt a bit disappointed when she didn't say bye to him. What really disappointed was that a guy dragged her away and he didn't understand why he was feeling that.
 
--
 
Later that night, L.Joe skipped dinner and ditched Black Ops and headed straight to bed. He laid down and looked up at the ceiling. His feelings for Hyuna was in jeopardy as he thought of Crissy. His desire for a date with Hyuna didn't seem exciting anymore. Instead, he felt disgruntlement. Crissy abandoned him the whole day for Hyunseung. It was the first time she ditched him for someone else to sit with at lunch. He didn't want to admit it but he knew he felt feelings for his best friend. The signs were all there.
 
He stabbed his tray with his fork when he saw Crissy and Hyungseung laughing up a storm.
 
He ripped his paper everytime he attempted to write something down.
 
She wasn't off his mind.
 
He accidentally dumped kimchi on his teacher, resulting in a two-hour detention that day.
 
Everytime he saw Hyunseung, he would bore holes into his back and give him a nice kick.
 
Those were only a few. L.Joe rubbed his forehead and his side, drifting off into sleep.
 
--
 
Crissy and her friend Lala were sitting outside for lunch. Crissy was confiding to Lala about her crush on L.Joe.
 
"And he likes your friend?", Lala questioned once more, just making sure she understood the situation. Crissy nodded and breathed a sigh of rejection. 
 
From behind a bush, Hyuna listened to the entire conversation with a smile on her face. She ram back inside the building and went on a search for L.Joe.
 
--
 
Crissy slung her bookbag over her shoulder and began walking home. In the middle of her path, L.Joe popped out. His tactics startled the girl. She gave him a weak smile and continued walking but she was dragged to somewhere by him. "L.Joe, where are you taking me?", Crissy questioned as she tried to break free.
 
"You'll see", he replied with a confident smirk on his face.
 
She sighed and gave up. 
 
As they reached their destination into a park, Crissy's eyes went wide and shock was displayed all over her face. "L.Joe.."
 
"It should be very obvious", he began as he shushed her and brought her over to the laid-out picnic. They both sat down on the blanket but Crissy kept looking at him, waiting for an explanation.
 
"I have feelings for someone else and that's you", he narrowed down as he slid over to her and placed his hand on top of hers. Her eyes stared at their touching hands and slowly looked up. He looked down at her with a sweet smile.
 
"I like you too..", she mumbled. He nodded. "I'm aware", he confessed as he leaned in to give her a kiss on the lips.