Chapter 4: My Sister is a Babysitter ?! PART I/II

Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai! (My Little Sister Can't be This Cute!)

Rina's POV

I was walking down on the streets of Shibuya, I must say, Kazuki has a good taste on choosing districts. Speaking of Kazuki, I wonder where he is, he's not answering my calls and such. I just shrugged it off and continued to walk. Shibuya has plenty of shops you can visit, no wonder it's called as the Nightlife District of Japan.  But there is only one shop I visit the most, it's the music shop. I entered and saw Kazuki and his friends. 

"Onii-chan!" I shouted and waved my hands. Kazuki ignored it like he heard nothing. 

I scrunched my nose and furrowed my eyebrows. Kazuki would never ignore me! I walked towards him and tapped his shoulder. But, something weird just happened. My hand just went through him! I walked infront of him and I waved my hands infront of his face. Still, no reaction. I tried to call Byou's attention, still, no reaction. I tilted my head and walked outside the shop.

"What the hell? What did just happen back there?" I said to myself loud enough for everyone close to me to hear. But, whoa, it's like... I'm a ghost. 

I continued to walk, I saw my bestest Friends. "Mami!" I shouted with a stern voice. No reaction. "Tomomi!" "Haruna!" still, no reaction.

Suddenly, everything went dark. It was like... all black! The darkness scared me. 

"NO NO NO NO"  

"Onii-chan!" I shouted as loud as I can

"Rina! Wake up!" I heard someone shout from afar. 

"AH!" I shouted as I woke up and sat up. 

"Onii-chan"  I turned and looked at Kazuki. Damn. I made him worry. 

"Onii-chan..." I hugged him tightly. 

"You were sleep-talking, why ? Bad dream?" he said as he caressed my hair. I looked at him and nodded. 

"Onii-chan, don't leave me, please" 

He hugged me tight and rested his chin on my shoulder "Aww Rina, I would never leave you, I promise." 

He broke the hug. "I'll get you some water" he said as he stood up. I tugged on his shirt and shaked my head, saying a "NO" sign. 

"Rina, it'll only take a while, okay?" I let go of his shirt and nodded.

 

He came back and handed me a glass of water. 

"So, tell me what happened in your dream" he sat next to me. 

"Well, I was walking somewhere here in Shibuya, then , I saw you and the others, tried to call you, but, no response then everything just went dark. I felt all alone." I said as I put down the glass of water at the bed table beside me and looked down. 

"Aww Rina" Kazuki hugged me once again. "How about I sing you a song?" he suggested. I nodded. 

"Well, let's see.... " he tapped his index finger on his lips. 

"Oh!" he seemed to have the perfect song. (Please try to listen to this song. This is the song that Kazuki will try to sing) He got off the bed and stood.

"ichiman'nen to nisen'nen mae kara aieru 

hassen'nen sugita koro kara motto koishiku natta 

ichioku to nisen'nen ato mo aieru 


kimi wo ta sono hi kara boku no chigoku ni ongaku wa taenai~

He sang and danced right in front of me. I bit my lip, tried hard not to laugh, but still, I bursted out in laughter. He was still dancing when I was laughing hard, then, he stopped. He seemed to enjoy what he's doing. (For this part, please, try to imagine it XD)

"Hahahahahahahahahahaha" I kept on laughing, I was about to run out of air. I stopped laughing, looked at him and smiled. 

"I thought you hated that song"  

"Well, it was your favourite, right? so .. I tried hard to remember the lyrics" I was touched at what he said, Even though he hated that song so much, he tried hard to sing it for me. 

"Sing another song! Please?" I begged with puppy eyes. He sat next to me and gave me a cuddle. "Well...I'm not good at singing, but, sure why not" (I'll be using the lyrics of PLEDGE for this song.)

 

What I realized only after I hurt you was that

I was looking for the number of faults in you when we should have looked at each other

 

Our days were buried in small lies

So that we can fight the doubts

Our hearts know the meaning of losing each other

This second winter is standing still

 

You are lost because you cannot see tomorrow

Raising your voice you were crying

Without being able to find any words I just caught your tears

 

Wrapped in loneliness the days soaked both of us

We were repeatedly looking for understanding I can feel it deeply once again

 

It's no lie when I said that I felt eternity

I will certainly be by your side

 

I don't need "I love you" anymore

If only you'd stay forever by my side

I want to be broken by you Who exhausted your voice by crying

 

All the words from the beginning to the end were said to you

So that you won't let go of these arms

The same dream that stood by our side washed us both away

 

The small lies change their shapes and dissolve into a white breath of air

So that we won't forget the meaning of losing each other

It doesn't matter how many times my heart is stabbed

 

I leave this "goodbye" right here and move forward

I won't lose you once again

 

So that we can assure ourselves of our love we both had to see sorrow

Even if we both end up vanishing tomorrow

It's okay to not cry anymore

 

Someday we will change into two people that pass like the seasons

Even if there will be nights when you will be frozen from sadness

Don't forget

 

Nothing will ever end

 

In a deep dream.

 

 

It was very nice of Kazuki to sing that song for me, even though he's already tired and stuff. I looked at him and smiled.

 

"Arigato, Onii-chan" I thanked him.  

 

"Go back to sleep now" He said as the both of us laid down. "Hey Rina?"  I turned around to face him.

 

"Yeah?" 

 

"Can I have a cuddle?" 

 

"Of course you can!" I cuddled him and the both of us drove off to a deep sleep.

End of Rina's POV

 

[FAST FORWARD]

 

Kazuki's POV

The sun's shine was on my face, which made me woke up. I rubbed my eyes, and saw Rina. 

I removed the strands of her hair that covers her face and put it behind her ears. I runned down my index finger on her cheeks, down to her lips. I have to say, Rina is the prettiest girl I have ever seen. I thank mom and dad for adopting her. 

~FLASHBACK~

"Kazuki, you'll have a little sister now!" mom excitedly said to me as we walked towards the Orphanage.  

As we enter, I saw a lot of kids playing. Until, I saw a girl playing with her doll near the fire place. I walked towards her since mom and dad was talking to the lady who owns the orphanage. 

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked her as I knelt down to her height. "My name is Rina, Rina Suzuki" she replied and gave me a smile. 

"Why aren't you playing with them?" 

"Ugh. I don't want to. They'll just mock and tease me."

"And why is that?" 

She just shrugged. I pulled my backpack and searched for something. 

"What are you looking for?" she asked. I just realized, her face was really close to mine, so, I pulled back a little. Finally, I found the thing I was looking for. A pack of Marshmallows. Oh how I love marshmallows! 

"Do you want some?" I asked her while showing  the pack of marshmallows I have. She nodded and gave me a bright smile. 

I suddenly felt weird. Something weird inside my tummy. Something making me flutter on the insides. 

I happily ate with her, we also talked about random stuffs. and at that time, it was obvious that she's a hardcore otaku. 

"Kazuki! Where are you?" I heard mom shout. 

"Mom! Here!" I shouted and waved my hand for me to catch her attention. Mom and Dad walked towards where Rina and I were. 

"Kazuki, who's this?" Dad asked me while looking at Rina. 

"Ah, this is Rina, Rina Suzuki"  Rina stood up and bowed. "Hajimemae Kazuki's Parents!" she gave them a smile. 

"What a cutie~" my mom complimented her. 

"Rina, would you like us to adopt you?" my dad asked her. she happily nodded.  My mom took her hand and the both of them entered the office of the orphanage's owner.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

After that day, I promised to myself I'll take good care of her. 

I smiled at her sleeping face. How cute.  

Her eyes were slowly opening. Her eyes widen, and I don't know why.

"Onii-chan, you're crazy. Smiling like a weirdo after waking up" she harshly said. I pouted.

"Hahaha, I'm kidding. I'M HUNGREEEEH~"  She is so weird. 

"Well, get up now" I said to her as I stood up and tried to pull her off the bed. Since she didn't want to stand up. I carried her bridal-style. 

 

[FAST FORWARD]

 

After having a nice breakfast, Rina decided to have a shower. I plopped down on the couch, opened the TV and scanned every channel for something good to watch. Damn. It's so boring! I decided to have a shower also. 

I entered the bathroom, saw Rina staring at me. I wondered why.  After spacing out for a few minutes, I realized, she was taking a bath. 

"Onii-chan!" she hoarsely shouted at me. 

"Aww come on Rina! Please????? I'm bored" I begged. She just stared at me and bit her lip. 

"Fine!" I smiled at her.  

She covered her eyes as I strip my clothes off.  "You can open your eyes now"  I said as I got in the tub. 

"Jeeesh Onii-chan, why do you always want to take a bath with me?" she asked while playing with the rubber ducky I gave her when we were 6 years old.

"I just want to sheeesh." I replied as I helped her wash her hair. "Do you have any plans for today?" 

"Well, I'm going to the Orphanage where you and your parents found me" 

"Why?"

"That's classified" 

Seriously, what is she going to do in that orphanage? 

[FAST FORWARD]

After having a bath with Rina, the both of us went to our own rooms and got dressed. 

End of Kazuki's POV

Rina's POV

I just finished having a bath with Kazuki.again. damn, what is wrong with that dude? Anyways, I decided to go to the Orphanage. I got a text from Mrs. Nagata, saying she needed help with something. So here I am, coming to my rescue! 

I checked out my dresser first, trying to find out what I'll wear. I wore this white knitted blouse with a white skirt then wore my vintage shoes with ruffled socks (please refer to this image). I totally looked like a girly girl in these clothes. I got my shoulder bag and left my room.

As I got out, I saw Kazuki, laying down on the couch, watching TV, looking all bored.

"Hey Onii-chan!" his eyes suddenly got away from the TV and looked at me. He stared at me from top to bottom. 

"Nice legs" he said with a smirk while looking at my legs. 

"ert! Anyways, I'm gonna go now" I waved him goodbye. 

"Wait! I'm going to Aoi's house!" he turned off , unplugged the TV and the both of us got out of the apartment. 

[FAST FORWARD]

Kazuki and I went off to our different ways. I waited for the train to Chiba to arrive. Damn, it's going to be a long trip again. Before the train arrives, I went to the vending machines near by and got a soda. The train arrived. And damn, It was a little crowded. But still, enough for someone to breathe. I got on the train and sat close to the train's door. 

Looking out the window, the view was filled with skyscraper buildings, and pretty lights.[let's fast forward a little.. maybe..1 hour?] Suddenly, the view turned into a green landscape. Chiba, one of the most industrial regions in Japan, is known for great looking rice fields. 

'We have arrived at Chiba, please check all your personal belongings before leaving the train. Thank you for traveling with Saikyou line. We hope to travel with you again.'  an automated voice said. 

You got off the train and walked to the exit of the train station. You called a cab. 

"To Mihama Orphanage center please" you said to the driver as you got in the car. While looking out the window, memories flourished in your head. 

 

 

 

The cab stopped in front of a cream-coloured vintage building. You paid the driver and got out of the cab. You pressed the door bell button and waiting for the door to be opened. Suddenly, the door was opened by a smiling lady. It was Mrs. Nagata. 

"Mrs. Nagata!" I hugged her tight. Tears were flowing down my cheeks. I missed her so much. 

"Oh Rina, ssssh, don't cry" she patted my back softly. "Why don't you come in?" she led me inside. The orphanage didn't change at all. It was still vintage looking.  

I sat down on the couch, and Mrs. Nagata placed down a cup of tea on the table. "So, Rina, How are you?" 

"I'm doing fine, Kazuki is taking good care of me. Same thing goes to his parents and relatives." 

"That's good. Anyways, you have two special people waiting for you at your old room."

"Really? Who are they?" 

"You'll know once you get there." she smiled at me. So, I go upstairs, to my old room. As I opened the door, it still looks the same (imagine that the bedroom looks like this). Also, I saw two guys in the bedroom. They're pretty much having fun looking out the window. I entered the room, and their eyes were glued on me. A sudden smile curved out on my lips.

"Aiji! Maaya!" I run towards them and gave them a hug which made them fall on their backs.

"Rina! We missed you so much!" said Aiji while giving me a tight hug. 

"I missed you too!" I stood up and helped them get back on their feets.  

"Rina, you've changed a lot" Maaya said as the three of us sat down on the bed. 

"Change? How come?" I tilted my head "Well..."

"You've grown a lot prettier!" Aiji complimented. "Aww~ Thanks!" 

"How've you guys been?" 

"I'm good. I'm a successful manager of a music shop in Tokyo" Aiji said. 

"And I'm a successful Vkei fashion critic" Maaya said with a lot of pride

"How about you? " Maaya asked me

"Well, still studying, and living a good life with Kazuki" I smiled at them. 

"Kazuki? The kid you talked to near the fire place?" 

"Yep. He's my step-brother now" 

"Wow, is his family rich?" Aiji asked

"Pretty much" I replied then they nodded. "Rina, seriously, you've changed a lot! I mean before, your teeth wasn't complete yet, and now, you're like a goddess!" Maaya complimented. 

"Same goes to the both of you!"

"Anyways, we've got something for you" 

Aiji handed out a necklace. 'Unicorn Blood' was written on the bottle. 

"Unicorn B-blood?" you asked curiously. 

"We really don't believe in magic, but, the sales lady said that, if you're experiencing hardships and troubles, just drop a little amount of that and all the hardships will go away"

I smiled at them. "Thank you, thank you so much" I hugged them tightly and kept the necklace somewhere safe in my bag. 

"Let's go down now, Mrs. Nagata is going to introduce you to someone!" Maaya said and pulled me out of the room, Aiji followed. 

 

 

Downstairs, the three of us waited for Mrs. Nagata, while sipping down on her delicious green tea.  

"Rina, I have someone for you!" Mrs. Nagata appeared from the kitchen while carrying a baby

"Aww~! What a cutie!" I said in excitement and carried the baby.

"Can you babysit her for me? Only for one day" she asked me. 

"Of course!" 

"I can't trust Aiji and Maaya for this" Mrs. Nagata said to the guys teasingly. 

"US?! WHY?!" 

"Because, I don't think you're responsible enough" 

"Err~ we're responsible!" Aiji demanded "Since we're kids!" Maaya managed to add.

Mrs. Nagata shook her head.  

"What's the baby's name?" I asked 

"His name is Kojiro. Can you take responsibility for me? Just for one day?" 

"Don't worry, I got it all set." I sat down on the couch and talked a little with the baby.

"So, here are the clothes, diapers, milk, bottles, towel, pins, comb, and powderShe handed me the bag containing the baby's needs. I looked at my watch, and it was getting pretty late already. 

"Oh, Mrs. Nagata, I have to go now~" I carried the bag and the baby, of course. 

"I Have to catch a train back to Shibuya" I added. 

"Oh ok dear, be safe!" I kissed her cheeks.  "Rina! Wait! I'll drive you home" Aiji suggested. 

"Well, bye bye now, I'm gonna stay here for a while" said Maaya. 

I waved goodbye and left the orphanage with Aiji. He helped me enter his luxurious car. 

"Wow Aiji! What a car you have!" I complimented as he got in. "Haha, Thanks" finally he started the car and drove off.

 

[FAST FORWARD]

 

We arrived at Shibuya, somewhere around 6pm. I thanked Aiji for the ride and entered the Apartment. 

End of Rina's POV

Kazuki's POV

I heard someone open the door. Maybe it's Rina. I got out of my room, and yes, my guess was right. But, something's strange. She's like.. holding something. 

"Ayo Rina!" I greeted her

"Oh Onii-chan!" she faced me and gave me a smile. She was carrying a baby. 

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!" I pointed at the baby and had a shocked face.

"Can't you tell? It's a baby!" she shouted back

"Now, help me with this" she dropped the baby's bag on the table and the baby on the couch. 

"Onii-chan, I'm going to change, keep an eye on him." she commanded and entered her room. 

I stared at the baby, and woah, it also stared back. I smiled at him and he just tilted his head. I made a scary face and damn. I'm ed, he started to tear up. 

"Oh no no no no! I'm sorry!" I carried the baby, eventually, it worked he stopped crying but, he hit my nose which totally hurt. 

"So... little fella..... you're a trouble maker eh? Tryin' to ruin my life?" I asked the baby, well... he just laughed. It was pretty cute tho. So, I gave him a kiss on the forehead. 

"Dada!" I heard the baby speak. "Say that once again!" I commanded him and stared at him with widely opened eyes.

"Dada! Dada!" he said then laughed while clapping his hands. That was so cute, Was I this cute when I was a child? 

 

"Aww~ he called you Daddy, how adorable." I heard Rina's voice. 

"Hahaha, yeah" I turned my look away from the baby and wow, I got to see Rina's legs again. It was porcelain white! It looked all smooth and stuff. I wanna touch it.

"BAD KAZUKI! BAAAAAD~!" I thought to myself. 

Rina was only wearing a black V-neck T-shirt dress (please refer to this image). Her hair was flowing down. She totally looked pretty in that way. 

"Ugh, I'm hungry." I complained at her like a child. 

"Well, you take care of Kojiro. I'm gonna cook." she demanded.

Since, I was bored. I had no choice but to play with the baby. I grabbed his toys from the bag and started to played. He was just kept on laughing and laughing on the things I do with his toys. I also talked to him in gibberish, which he'd response in gibberish too. Damn. we looked like total nutheads. I can hear Rina laughing from the kitchen. 

"The food is ready!" Rina shouted. I left Kojiro at the couch. Rina run off to him, carried him and she gave me an angry look. 

"What?" I asked while munching down on my meal. "What if he suddenly fall off the couch?" she asked while tapping her foot.

"Oh, sumimasen" I apologized. She just nodded and sat down to eat her dinner.

 

[FAST FORWARD]

 

After eating, I was left out to wash the dishes and Rina was going to change Kojiro's diaper. 

"Woooh! That wasn't so bad, but still, you've got a nasty booty mister! nasty!" I heard Rina talked to Kojiro, well, as a response, Kojiro would laugh. damn. what a nuthead. 

"AH, Onii-chan, when you're done with the dishes, can you make Kojiro's milk? Thanks" she ordered me. My eyes widen.

'MAKE KOJIRO'S MILK?!" I thought

"MAKE KOJIRO'S MILK?! ARE YOU CRAZY?! I'M A DUDE! HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO MAKE MILK FROM MY ?!" I shouted. Rina gave me the middle finger.

"There's a milk powder and bottle in that bag" she pointed at the bag on the table. I did what she asked me to. I gave her the bottle and she fed Kojiro. I sat down next to her and looked at Kojiro. Damn, I was cuter than him when I was a baby. 

I changed the channel then I stopped it on a Korean channel. We watched this romantic comedy drama with no Japanese subtitles, well, we just get along with it. Suddenly, a weird part suddenly ignited. 

The was rough happening to the main characters of the drama. My eyes widen, same thing goes to Rina. Kojiro, was watching it too, but, Rina covered his eyes with her hands. 

'AH ~ AH~ AH~ deo ppalli~ (go faster)' the actress said. Rina bit her lip, so did I. 

"Nii-chan, can't you change the channel? it's a little awkward, and, it'll be a bad influence for Kojiro." 

So, I changed the channel, Rina is such a er. tsk. 

[FAST FORWARD]

It was late at night already. The three of us were still awake. 

"Rina, can we sleep now?" I asked then yawned. 

She nodded drowsily. She carried Kojiro to her room, and I followed. 

"Kojiro, did you have fun with Dada?" Rina asked him. 

Well, no response. Rina rolled her eyes and sang Kojiro a lullaby. 

'Hushabye, Hushabye!
My good Baby, Sleep!

Where did my boy's baby-sitter go?
Beyond that mountain, back to her home.

As a souvenir from her home, what did you get?
A toy drum and a shō flute.'

 

Well, Kojiro got asleep right away. She laid him down on her bed and put pillows on Kojiro's side so he won't fall off. Rina, got pillows from my room, throwed one to me and she laid down on the floor. 

"Night nii-chan" she yawned and drove off to sleep. I kissed her cheeks, laid down and slept. 

End of Kazuki's POV