My What?

Meet My Daughter And Her Milk!

Taeyeon's POV

 

"I'm your father?" Wait, this doesn't make any sense. The girl who is hugging my legs, is my daughter?

 

"I'm sorry kid, but I don't think this is right." I looked around, looking for anyone who is suspicious enough to leave this girl in front of my house but there's no one in sight. "Where's your parents?" I asked, getting down to her eye level.

 

"You are." She said, smiling from ear to ear. Somehow, her smile reminds me of someone.

 

"Very funny but I'm serious, where are they?" I asked again, but this time, making sure that I was being serious. What kind of parents leave their children around stranger's house? If I'm find them, I'm gonna kick their to the ground.

 

"I'm cold." She said softly, pulling her hood together to prevent the cold breeze to slid through her small brown coat. It made me realized that I have been making her stand in the cold. I looked around again to make sure there's really no parents outside. What would they think if they see me, a 25 years old guy with a weird looking hair bringing their kid inside his house, wouldn't the neighbor think bad of me too?

 

"Let's talk inside" I said, drawing her inside. I don't know how this kid survive in this kind of weather. Her nose has turned red and runny. I wonder how long has she been standing outside? I closed the door, turned around and the girl was nowhere near me.

 

"Kid?" I called her out but no answer. I tried to call her again but then reaIize that I don't know her name. "Uhm, kid? Whatever your name is, answer me." Still, no answer. At this point, I'm starting to feel a little bit scared. Am I just imagining kid knocking on my door? It make a little sense since it's already past 12 o'clock.

 

*thump*

 

I turned to where the sound just came, the kitchen. For a 25 year old man, I'm sure a scaredy cat. "Are you there?"

 

"Can I have this?"

 

Fuh, a reply. "What are you doing?." I asked, slowly walking to the kitchen, finding her sitting at the table, her jacket neatly folded next to her. She looked at me and then the bowl of cereal on the table and then back to me.

 

"Are you hungry?" I asked her, getting the hints that she's sending me to which she nodded.

 

"You can eat it then, I'm not hungry anymore." I told her. I can't be hungry when there's a lost child in my kitchen and the smile on her face when I let her take my bowl is so... familiar, the kind of smile that can just melt the snow right on top of my room if there's any.

 

I help her poured the milk into the bowl before settling down across her and watch her devoured my 'dinner'. When she's done, she pulled out a napkin from her pocket and dabbed them around . I chuckled, a little classy for a 5? 6? Wait, how old is she?

 

"Do you want more?" I asked, shaking the box of cereals in my hand.

 

"No, thanks. Mummy said I shouldn't eat much at night." She gently shook her head, her saying remind me the question that was playing in my head.

 

"Speaking of mummy, where are your parents? Do you remember their phone numbers? I could call them for you."

 

"I told you, you're my dad."

 

"Kid--"

 

"Irene" She projected.

 

"What?"

 

"My name is Irene." Irene? English name?

 

"Look, Irene. I don't have any time to play right now. I seriously need to call your parents right now. Do you remember their phone number?"

 

"I don't remember them but I have this." She said before pulling out a piece of paper from her right pocket. Oh, thank god. I grabbed the paper and pulled out my phone from my jean, steadied it in my hand before unlocking it.

 

"010882.... Wait... this is my phone number." I half shouted, half whispered. "How did you get my phone number?" I looked up to Irene who was sitting quietly, smiling. Is this a joke?

 

"From mummy's bag." She replied nonchalant. I looked down at the paper again. My phone number written down in black ink and just below it, my home address.

 

"How did mummy get my phone number and my address?" I asked, raising the paper up as if that would help the girl answers my question.

 

She shook her head gently before throwing me another smile and I know from the look on her face that I wasn't gonna get anymore answer than I already did. I looked down on my phone before gently pressing a quick-dial.

 

I need a backup brain

 

 

==========================

 

 

They're now in the living room with Irene sitting in front of the TV as Taeyeon watched her from the couch. She had asked if they could watch cartoon after Taeyeon finished the phone call and Taeyeon still baffled from early just nodded quietly.

 

*Ding* *Dong*

 

A bell suddenly rang, catching Taeyeon's attention which caused him to stand almost abruptly. He looked at Irene one last time before walking toward the door, Inhaling deeply before he opened the door.

 

"Come i--" He was cut halfway by a tall man, shoving him aside as the tall man made a quick walk to the living room.

 

"Out of the way, I need to see her."

 

Taeyeon closed the door before the cold winds could make it inside. He then made his way back to the living room, only to find Soo standing in front of the TV, looking at the girl with surprise look on his face. Irene also wearing a surprise look on her petite face as to why this tall man is covering the TV. She then turned to look at Taeyeon as if asking for help.

 

"Taeyeon, she's--" Before Soo could finish his sentences, Taeyeon pulled him into the kitchen.

 

"Taeyeon, She looks--" Soo was about to finish when a finger shushed him.

 

"No." Taeyeon cut him short. "She can't be."

 

"Taeyeon, I know you know." Soo protested, he took a glance at oblivious Irene before continuing. "She looks just like HER."

 

Taeyeon gulped at Soo's last sentence. Taeyeon had actually noticed the similarity between those two from the moment he opened the door for the little girl, but a huge part of him can't, no, doesn't want to believe it. So, he's been denying it since.

 

"Have you asked her?"

 

"Ask her what?"

 

"If SHE really is the mother?" Soo inquired, emphasizing on the second word.

 

"Oh." Taeyeon paused, searching for the right word before settling with "No."

 

"What? then what the hell were you doing?" Soo growled, looking disbelief at the latter.

 

"You don't understand Soo." Taeyeon paused again. He took a look at the little girl who was too focus on the TV to notice. "What if... she's not?" He then turned to face the taller man in front of him. "If she's not...then what do I do?"

 

"Then you need to send the kid to her real parents." Soo stated, almost scolding the older one. "Even an idiot could think of that." He finished before walking out the kitchen to sit next to Irene. Taeyeon followed slowly after before settling himself on the couch, wasn't sure if he's ready for what Soo was about to do next.

 

"Hey, Irene, right?" Soo probed to which Irene replied with small nodded. "Can I ask you something, Irene?"

 

Taeyeon felt like there's huge boulder on his shoulder, his body became stiff, his breathing fasten, his chest felt like they could exploded and he's not sure what's happening inside his stomach but he's 100% sure it wasn't food related.

 

"What's your mother's name?"

 

 

========================

 

 

 

a/n : I have no other things to say other than I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting and I'm so thankful that you guys are still here. I can't promise that I'll update every week but I'll try my hardest to update once a month. School is really trying to make me cry, it's really brutal. Both the school and the sight of me crying.

Also, I changed the kid from Hyunnie to Irene because honestly Seohyun is so freaking boss now, I can't even imagine her as a kid. She's the charismatic independent lady we didn't ask for but definitely need. So, I hope that's okay with you guys. Let's continue to support SNSD as a group and as a Solo Artist! Buy their album if you can! Stream! Also, send some love to RV as well!!!