Dresses

I Live In Wonderland

 

chapter seven ; dresses

28k6flk.jpg

As soon as you finished tea with Chanyeol, Chen came to get you. You hopped onto the horse behind him, wrapping your arms around his waist. Tao, who had disappeared, was still there and wasn't feeling too happy. *Well at least Lay ge didn't say Chen ge was in love with her too.*

Kris was dressed very well, as always, but today his clothing was a bit...odd. Instead of his usual red, black, gray, or sometimes dark blue, he was wearing...white. It was odd. He wasn't supposed to wear white--white was for his brother, the White King, the White Palace.

But there the Red King sat, in a white dress shirt, white suit jacket, white pants, black tie, and black shoes. You blinked, confused. "Uh...Your Highness?"

His head snapped up, as if he didn't know you were there. "Hello, Ari. What is it?"

"Er...why are you wearing white, Majesty?"

He tilted his head. "Is there some law that says I, the Red King, cannot wear white?"

"Well no, but...usually white is reserved for, you know, the White Palace."

"Is that so?" he muttered, taking a rose from a vase by his throne. He twirled it in his fingers, looking at you through his eyelashes. "I think I look quite fetching in white. Don't you, Ari?"

You cleared your throat, not stupid enough to say no. "You look very handsome, Majesty."

He gave a small smile. "Do you really mean that or are you just saying it to please me?"

You tilted your head, trying to figure it out yourself. Who were you kidding? "I really meant it."

"Thank you then. So...have you decided whose ball you're going to?"

"No."

"You should go to mine."

Blinking, you stared at him. "And why is that, Majesty?"

"I got a dress for you." He motioned for one of his servants to bring it in.

They rolled in a manequin that was wearing the dress he got for you. It was mainly red, cut off at the knees with a black mesh over the dress. It was strapless, with a black ribbon around the waist that tied in the back. There were red flats with a heart-shaped silver buckle on them, and they actually looked pretty comfortable. The mannequin also wore a delicate silver necklace with a ruby heart pendant hanging from it surrounded by diamonds. There was a small silver charm bracelet too, a heart charm and crown charm hanging from it.

You stared at the beautiful dress. Kris smiled to himself, happy you liked it. He stood up and took the bracelet off the mannequin. "Give me your wrist," he requested softly. You automatically held it out. He clasped the bracelet on your wrist, examining it. "I'll give you more charms. But for now...these will do. I also have a ring for you, but you're going to have to wait until the night of the ball for that." He winked at you, making you even more confused.

Tao, who had been standing back and watching, rolled his eyes. *Babo Ari. I'm almost sure he means a wedding ring. But you didn't catch that, did you?*

"Do you like the dress?" Kris asked. "I know you hate long dresses, so I requested for a short one. I knew that if I got you a long one, you'd just cut the bottom off, wouldn't you?"

"Depends on the dress," you muttered, though he was right. You tended tear up the bottoms of your dresses from walking since you never wore heels, so you always tore the dress off up to your knees, always ignoring disapproving glances you'd get from older women.

"So...are you going to wear this?"

You swallowed, tearing your eyes from the beautiful thing. "Um...perhaps. What will you do with it if I don't wear it?"

He shrugged. "Throw it out maybe. It has no other use."

*Well I'd feel bad if that happened. And it is really pretty.* You cleared your throat. "I'll wear it."

Kris beamed. "So you'll go to my ball?"

"Yes," you confirmed. "You know something, Majesty?"

"Hm?"

"You're smiling a lot more lately. Any reason for that?"

He tilted his head. "There is." *You.*

"And what might that be?"

Kris put a finger to your lips, making your heart pick up speed. He gave you a wink. "Secret."

You blinked at him as he moved. He went back to his throne. "I can keep the dress here if you like. Just come early and I'll have my servants do your hair all pretty and everything."

You bowed. "Thank you, Your Highness. I'll take my leave now."

"Very well. I'll have Chen you back. Chen!"

Chen came in and led you out of the palace and onto his horse. You knew Tao was close by, so you asked, "Why didn't you piss him off?"

Tao was suddenly visable. "Didn't get the chance." He shrugged, feeling disappointed himself. *Actually I was too busy imagining how beautiful you'll look in that dress to think of anything.* Tao felt jealous of how the Red King was able to find a dress that suited you so carefully. He sighed, now re-thinking about who you'd choose. *At this rate...it could be Kris, huh?*

 

ev18qd.png

AUTHOR'S NOTES; Anyone like Kris any more now?

Comment and Subscribe<3

♥sketchitout

 

» layout credit