▊Chapter N I N E

▊B.U.N.N.I.E.S → {Progress - Character Teasers!}

 

Her phone vibrated.

“So, that new girl you wanted me to keep an eye on? I think she’ll fit in perfectly.”

Lian’s lips curled into a small smirk as her teacher announced class was over. She packed her things into her bag and left the college.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

The sound of Lian’s shoes clicked through her ears as she made her way down the street towards Iseul’s coffee shop she worked at. Lian had gone to the library for research and told Iseul to have the new girl working at the shop to help her with closing time so Lian could meet this new girl, a girl potential of joining the new alliance Lian and Iseul had created a few weeks ago.

Lian pulled her ear buds out of her ears as she noticed Iseul and the new girl talking and locking up the shop.  Lian waved to Iseul who in return waved back; the three girls walked together.

“Hi there! I’m Nam Lihae!” the new girl said to Lian as the three of them headed out. “Are you Iseul’s friend she was talking about earlier?”

Lian raised an eyebrow, looking up at Iseul before chuckling, nodding, “I am. I’m Bo Lian. It’s nice to meet you, Lihae.”

“Oh it’s very nice to meet you too!” Lihae said with a smile plastered on her face. She was a cute girl with a very bubbly yet calm personality.

For the most part Lihae kept up the conversation with Lian while Iseul stood silently listening. By the time they reached the corner where Lian and Iseul would separate, there was a sense of comfort and ease between the girls. It wasn’t an awkward atmosphere.

“So Iseul told me that the police have receded their actions here in the South. It’s quiet disappointing..” Lihae said a frown on her face now.

Lian took a quick glance at Iseul standing behind Lihae before looking to Lihae, nodding slowly, “Ahh… Yes it’s true. You can just sense it.”

“Just makes me wonder, who is going to save us if something bad happens?” Lihae questioned with a sigh.

“We are.” Iseul stepped in, looking down at Lihae.

“Huh?”

“You see, Lihae, Iseul and I have created a small police force group.” Lian said, with a small smile.

“What do you mean?”

“We are taking the roles of being police officers.” Iseul said.

“Are you guys even educated for that? Even have any guns or the uniform?” Lihae asked.

Lian and Iseul shook their heads, “No, but I’d rather do something about this situation then have no protection at all.”

Lihae looked at them strangely, crossing her arms. “You all are just joking, right? Cause that sounds awfully dangerous.”

“It is.” Iseul muttered under her breath.

“You should join us. Iseul says you’re like the queen gossiper at the coffee shop and we could really use someone like you who knows who is a criminal and the faces and names.”

Lihae took a step back, shaking her head. “ I don’t know.. “

“Look, think about it and get back with Iseul on your answer, okay? We really need you, Lihae.” Lian confided, grabbing her hand before smiling and letting go.

“Anyways, it’s late. I should be heading out. It was nice meeting you. You two get home safe, see you later!” Lian waved to the two girls as she headed out.

The rest of the walk home between Lihae and Iseul was awkward and completely silent.