WEEK 6: MAMA AU

100 Days, 100 EXO Drabbles

DAY 31: Perfect Match [Writer’s Choice - Kai]
by elaineleyn
Kai | Kai/Tao | 473 words. Kai once thought he was unbeatable.


He was seven when his powers manifested along with a mysterious appearance of a triangular symbol on his right arm, a mark that looked like it had been permanently etched underneath his skin since birth. He could vaguely remember how his mother’s expression changed from shock, to fear, and then delight before bursting into tears of happiness. His trembling father quickly ran around town, looking proudest yet the most nervous than all he could still picture, to disseminate the good news to all ears willing to listen -- that finally after how many centuries, their town was able to produce a Guardian.

Soon enough, with his parents’ blessings, Jongin was sent to the Temple to prepare for the  Guardianship of the Tree of Life. He later earned a name for himself when he appeared to be the best trainee the camp had ever had to date. From Jongin, the kid from a small, almost unknown town far from North, he became known as Kai, the Teleporter .

His ability was so unique that people once thought of it as a myth. One in a hundred billion children, or something like that – he was too young to understand, but all he was sure of was that he was special.

He was thirteen when he was matched up against a new trainee from far South, famed and feared for his martial arts skills. Kai had heard a lot about this new boy, but he was never one to pay attention.

The boy attacked as soon as the signal was given but Kai was faster. With a graceful snap of his fingers and he could move onto places within a speed of light. He switched from one spot to another but the boy did not stop from attacking, keeping up onto Kai’s speedy pace.

Not bad, Kai thought as he felt himself slowly panting. The boy had a great reflex and suddenly he was enjoying it -- a real fight for the first time in his life. All of a sudden, just as when he was about to take his turn for offense, he found himself pinned under the new trainee’s thin body.

He couldn’t move a finger but the ground was rough against his back.

Physical pain was one thing he never had experienced; never there was a fight that an opponent was even able to touch him, let alone, hit him.

But there was a metallic scent of blood coming from the cut on his lips. Kai could feel the pain and it was foreign, inexplicable. He noticed the dark eyes that were staring at him like they are piercing into his soul.

“Tao,” the dark-haired boy said smirking, reaching a hand towards him as he rolled off Kai’s body, “I am a time bender.”   

Things would just get more interesting from that point.






Day 32: [Kai] -pending-
by westkitsune







Day 33: Everywhere [Lu Han]
by mara_ciro
Lu Han | Kai/Lu Han | 620 words. You’re everywhere to me. When I close my eyes it’s you I see.

They called him the Omniscient, the all-seeing one. Nothing escapes his eyes as he watches over the world entrusted to their young, inexperienced hands. The twelve of them had their own powers, thus, their own duties in protecting the Tree of Life. They were powerful on their own, but if they came together as One, they would be invincible.

Lu Han was granted the gift of telekinesis and the ability to see into the future, therefore, he was locked in a dark ivory tower, both figuratively and literally. He was a sitting duck in physical combat, but he could see ahead with the aid of the crystal balls that constantly floated around him. Therefore, he was both useful and useless in battle.

His eyes followed a particular crystal ball. It was one he frequently followed while his mind was rather idle. He watched as the figure in it flitted from place to place, indirectly showing Lu Han everything he needed to see. After all, the one Lu Han followed was the Omnipresent…. Jongin the Wandering Traveler.  Lu Han both admired and envied the way Jongin navigated the different parts of their planet with ease.

“Jongin,” he whispered as his fingers gently traced the face in the glass.

Lu Han watched, transfixed, as Jongin wandered along the deserts where Sehun the Wind Guardian resided. Lu Han watched as Jongin attempted to get a smile out of the usually stoic guardian. There was just something enchanting about the way Jongin’s lips quirked as he disappeared in a puff of smoke. It was that same confident, cocky smirk that drew Lu Han to him in the first place.

This habit had started the moment Suho, the Water Guardian/the Guardians’ self-proclaimed leader, had paired them off according to their abilities. Somehow, this had always worked. The Omniscient Lu Han and the Omnipresent Kai have been unstoppable ever since. With Jongin having the ability to go everywhere and Lu Han being able to see everything, they were a force to be reckoned with in battles. Beyond the battle field, there was this invisible, yet incredibly thick barrier between them.

Tension…  That was what Sehun had called that barrier. It wasn’t possible. Jongin and Lu Han were on excellent terms, so how could there be any tension? That didn’t explain the burning feeling Lu Han got every time their skins touched. Nor did it explain the rush he experienced every time Jongin would look at him with those dark eyes. It didn’t help his heart threatened to beat out of his chest every time Jongin would caress his face.

Lu Han closed his eyes, hoping to distract himself of thoughts concerning Jongin. Yet, even his subconscious refused to free him from whatever spell the Teleporter had put him under.

“Lu Han,” Jongin’s voice haunted his thoughts.

He refused to open his eyes, begging for a moment of peace. A moment wherein Jongin wouldn’t occupy every single thought in his mind. Despite the sudden warmth of another person’s hands on his face, Lu Han didn’t want to open his eyes only to discover that he was all alone.

“Open your eyes, Lu Han…”

It wasn’t until he felt a pair of lips on his own that Lu Han dared to open his eyes and saw that true enough, Jongin was kissing him. Lu Han felt as though both fire and ice had invaded his veins, yet at the same time there was comfort in the feeling of those lips against his own. Almost as though that kiss would serve as the anchor to both Jongin’s wandering spirit and Lu Han’s light in this darkness.

“So tell me,” Jongin whispered as he smiled at Lu Han, “do you see me?”






DAY 34: Irresponsible [Tao]
by tatianatorpid
Tao | Kris/Tao | 445 words. Kris does not like how Tao uses his powers.

Kris stood up abruptly and slammed his hands on the table in between them, "Zitao..." Kris ground out. He had tried to reason with him before; he was running out of things to say when this happened.

"I don't see why I shouldn't." Tao sat back in his chair and crossed his arms. He remained unmoved. He was not one to be intimidated by Kris so easily. Especially since he was really happy with how his most recent escapade turned out.

“We’re trying to keep a low profile. You’re strutting around and going to places you shouldn’t be going. We’ve already had to leave the others in Seoul, do you want us to have to move and leave you too?”

Tao has heard this speech before. He knows Kris is over-dramatizing again and that thing in Seoul was an unnecessary precaution. Still, he thought, he should calm their leader down. Kris was known to fly off to undiscovered regions of the country and sulk for weeks when he got too upset. Or worse, uproot half their team and move them thousands of miles away.

Tao got up, straightened his new outfit and stood behind Kris. "Am I hurting anyone, Duizhang?"

"No," Kris replied with a sigh as Tao put his hands on his shoulders and eased him back into his seat, “No, I guess not.”

"Am I altering the course of national or world history?" Tao kept his hands on Kris' shoulders and began to knead in an attempt to soften him up. He knew that it was working when Kris leaned his head back and the crease in his brow disappeared.

"But what if you get photographed?"

"I always get photographed," fashion bloggers chased after him mercilessly when he was out in the city, "but that is beside the point. The answer is no, I am not altering the course of history."

"Still," Kris put his hand over Tao's on his shoulder, "I realize this is something you are passionate about, but it’s dangerous and I worry about you."

"Dangerous?" Tao laughed and ruffled Kris' hair, "Excuse me, Duizhang, but who accidentally flew twenty thousand feet into the air after a particularly loud sneeze?"

"That was not intentional. What you are doing is." He tried to sound serious, hoping it would hide his embarrassment.

"My jumps into the future only happen four times a year."

"You jump into the past too."

"I cover my tracks, and I don't take longer than I have to.  Trust me. I'm more trouble in real-time than I am when I go back and forth." He leans down to give Kris a kiss on the cheek before sauntering out of the room.

---

"So you're just going to keep letting him time travel?" Kris was on the phone with Joonmyun. They called each other once a week to talk about the members. They called it 'Updating', Chanyeol called it 'Gossipping'

"I can’t force him not to. Seeing as he isn’t hurting anyone or endangering the fabric of time.”

"It could be worse I suppose. Jongin pops in and out of ladies jjimjilbangs and our shower…or he does when Kyungsoo is using it.” Kris almost laughs out loud at that, “At least Tao is only doing this to watch fashion week a season in advance."



Day 35: Whereabouts [Lay]
by lessvocals
Lay | 331 words. In which Lay and Xiumin are trapped somewhere.


"How long do you think we'll be trapped here?" Lay whispers, touching the walls of the room confining them. He doesn't remember how they got there, memories jumbled from when the Guardians were thrown into a wormhole. Somehow, he ended up in this strange room that had nothing but the barest of things--a single table, chairs, a painting and a wilted flower. Thankfully, he hadn't been alone when he regained consciousness.

"I don't know." Xiumin replies, pacing slowly in anticipation. "We don't even have an idea of where "here" exactly is."

He walks through the length of the room, tapping random surfaces in search of a way out. But he is met with nothing but solid hardness. "How in the world did we end up in a room without any windows or doors?" Xiumin asks, a tinge of exasperation coloring his usually pleasant voice.

By Lay's calculations, it's been almost two hours since they had woken up to this makeshift prison. "Maybe the wormhole opened up here? Although I find it strange that it's only the two of us."

Xiumin nods in agreement. None of the Guardians had been able to escape the dimensional gateway that pulled them, not even Kai the teleporter or Tao the time bender. But although they were forcefully engulfed by the same wormhole, it seems that they were transported to different locations.

Lay is worried about the rest of their brothers. But he feels them, however weak their pulsating energies are, and that's enough of an assurance that they are alive somewhere on this peculiar place. He knows that Xiumin, oldest of the twelve Guardians, can feel them too. But even his great power cannot pinpoint their exact location. It doesn't help that their capabilities have been considerably weakened as Lay soon discovers that his natural aura doesn't have the same strength anymore. He contemplates if it has something to do with their current whereabouts.

Wherever this is, it's most certainly not in EXO anymore.





Day 36: -pending- [Sehun]
by aore86