Week 4: Office

100 Days, 100 EXO Drabbles

Day 19: -Untitled- [Baekhyun]
by lessvocals
Baekhyun | Baekhyun/Tao | 420 words. Baekhyun blows his first job interview, Tao makes him feel better.  

It’s the heat, he reasons silently.

It’s that damned sweltering summer heat that’s making him nauseous and clammy. He’s not nervous. Byun Baekhyun is too brilliant to feel nervous because of a job interview. He’s going to go in there and he’s going to blow their minds away with his witty answers and impeccable curriculum vitae.

“Mr. Byun? The panel is ready to see you now.”

Oh boy.


I need drink is all Baekhyun can think about as he struggles to pull off his suffocating tie. The panel, as the secretary called, turned out to be a pack of rabid wolves that could have ripped his—okay, he’s exaggerating. But he knows he never wants to go through something like that ever again. That unnerving heat could’ve been a sign because trust fresh university graduate Byun Baekhyun to end up in a circle of hell for his first job interview. Good job, Baekhyun, good job. First interview and you’re already a cowering fool.

God, he really needs a drink right now. It’s not even 5PM but he’s stopped caring the moment he got out of that cage of monsters…errr…interviewers.

Thankfully, he’s managed to get inside a cab without so much as a backward glance at the domineering building and he’s standing outside his apartment by the time he decides to get ridiculously drunk. Huffing, he dives a hand inside his coat pocket to retrieve his keys but there’s a sudden click from the inside, door opening to reveal his smiling boyfriend.

“You’re home!” the taller man greets, opening his arms as Baekhyun steps into his embrace. Tao gives such big, comforting hugs that Baekhyun just wants to sag against him and never let go.

“ohmergasadja…” Baekhyun grumbles against his boyfriend’s collarbones. He’s allowed to be a child after the fiasco he just went through.

“What?” Tao asked, amusement coloring his voice. “And how was your interview, Baekhyunnie?”

The smaller male begrudgingly detaches his face from Tao’s neck, looking up to meet his gaze. “It was horrible,” he bemoans. “I felt like I was being interrogated like a criminal or something!”

Tao’s expression immediately softens as he notes the distressed look on Baekhyun’s pretty face. Back in college, Baekhyun had been an achiever, graduating with Latin honors and numerous leadership awards. People always told him that he’d have a bright future ahead of him. So Tao understands how disappointed Baekhyun must be currently feeling. Good thing he knows just the thing to make his lover feel better.


Tao’s smile turns mischievous.






DAY 20: Mondays through Fridays [Chen]
by aore86
Chen| Ninja!KrisHo, BaekYeol, and HunHan | 726 words. Accountant Jongdae blogs about his life with EXO Enterprises.

Blog Entry  #1:

Hi everyone~ Today, I have begun working as an accountant at EXO Enterprises! I didn’t I would get the job, considering the fact that I think I messed up my interview. o(>_<)o The interviewer was nice but he was so enthusiastic and it seemed like there was something wrong with his face or sth. It was twitching and everything…

Anyway, here’s to a new start!

Blog Entry #13:

EXO Enterprises is one of the leading business companies in the world, but it sure is strange. They have the weirdest expenditures ever. O_O Like, I can’t even- They even have separate budgets for cake, facial products and eyeliner.

One would think that eyeliner would be included under facial products, but no. It has a budget of its own. I still don’t know why though. I thought this was a company that works on exports and imports to China? Do we even export eyeliner?

Blog Entry #54:

Sometimes, I wonder why on earth I still work here when most of the time it seems like I’m the only one doing actual work. Just today, while I was balancing the company’s finances, Minseok-hyung was at the lounge, flirting with one of our clients. Once the client left, he called it a day and went home.

WHAT.

I honestly don’t know how he gets all those deals for us. I don’t even know how ‘flirting’ is ‘doing work’.

Blog Entry #89:

Today was a horrible day. Luhan-hyung was once again hit on by a client. That wouldn’t have been so bad because Luhan-hyung can fend for himself…but Sehun happened to see.
I think we may have a lawsuit on our hands. I hope Yixing-hyung and Jongin can handle it well.  I haven’t received my paycheck yet.

Blog Entry #100:

Kyungsoo is one of my favorite people in the office~ He’s so nice, actually does his work and occasionally brings lunch for everyone~ Today, he brought Kimchi Spaghetti for everyone! It sounds weird but it was amazing! *A* Too bad Jongin ate the most of it. D:

Blog Entry #123:

Director Yifan is leaving for a week-long business trip tomorrow, which can only mean that everyone can slack off! He usually leaves Joonmyun-hyung in charge but no one really listens to him aside from Kyungsoo who is just too nice. :D

He left really strict instructions to not let Tao’s cake supply run out. No Cake = Unhappy Tao = Wushu  Tao = Incapacitated people. D:

Blog Entry #124:

Jongin borrowed my stack of post-its earlier today and when I asked for it, he told me that he already used them all up.

HOLD UP.

WHAT THE DID HE DO WITH A STACK OF POST-ITS TO FINISH IT IN A FEW HOURS?

He told me he’ll show me tomorrow.

Blog Entry #125:

Jongin and Chanyeol have been papering the whole of duizhang’s office with post-its. Bright, neon-pink post-its.

I have never been so proud of them in my entire life.

Luhan-hyung and Yixing-hyung approve, and the three of us will go shopping for post-its during lunch break.

Blog Entry #134:

As expected, Duizhang was not happy with what happened with his office. It’s amazing how he immediately knew that it was Jongin’s and Chanyeol’s doing though. He was about to hand out punishments but Joonmyun-hyung managed to appease him by saying about how it’s a good way for employees to ‘bond and de-stress’.

Tao also “bbuingbbuing-ed” him out of anger.

Works every time.

Blog Entry #193:

I think I am scarred for life. I might also possibly hand in my resignation letter tomorrow. Or when I can look at Duizhang in the eyes again.

Blog Entry #194:

I apologize for my brief and rather cryptic last post. My mind wasn’t really coherent back then, but now I believe I have collected myself quite enough to explain the previous post.

Right after a meeting with the department heads, Duizhang called Joonmyun-hyung into his office to discuss some serious matters. This was an almost-daily occurrence so I didn’t dwell on it.

Until I passed by Duizhang’s office on my way to the photocopying machine.

I heard sounds.

SOUNDS.

DISTURBING SOUNDS.

And to make things worse, when I got to the photocopying room, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were there, doing things almost as bad.

WELP. Never going near those places again.







DAY 21: Decisions that Involve You [Suho]
by elaineleyn
Suho | Suho/Kris | 263 words. Quitting has never been an option.

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately? You look like a zombie."

Joonmyun heaves a sigh; there are dark circles forming beneath the pair of his reddening orbs that cannot be well-concealed by the huge reading glasses on his face.

"An underpaid zombie," he mindlessly answers back, rubbing his temples with his knuckles.
Wufan gives him the look, the one where the taller's sharp eyes droop down and a slight yet noticeable frown appears on his lips. A change from his usually expressionless face to a worried gaze follows and Joonmyun doesn't exactly like it.

Probably because he feels his heart may just jump out of his chest every time Wufan does it.

"Why," Wufan hesitates before continuing, "don’t you just quit?"

Joonmyun is a little shaken; he only hopes Wufan did not catch that. "Quitting is not an option I have considered," he shrugs.

Because quitting will mean no more Wufan who comes to the office thirty minutes earlier in the morning to greet him with a warm cup of coffee; nor he is willing to give up the feeling of fluttering butterflies in his stomach that he gets whenever he goes back to his cubicle to find colorful post-its sticking on his desktop monitor, reminding him of their 'special meetings,' with occasional playful notes of "I can't wait to see your ugly face again. Don't overwork yourself -Wufan."  

Wufan raises his eyebrow at him.

"Actually, don't worry, I can handle it." He makes a mental note to himself not to tell his boss and boyfriend, something about getting underpaid again.  





DAY 22: [Xiumin]
by westkitsune
-Pending-





DAY 23: Cause I Can’t See it Anymore [Yixing]
by mara_ciro
Yixing |friendship!Yixing/Lu Han | 445 words | Sometimes even the sharpest eyes need to be checked

Inspired by the conversation I had with elaineleyn unni (the Lu Han to my Lay) the day I wrote this.

Everything in his world was about words, from the things he said, to the things he read. To most of the world, words were just a casual part of their daily routines, for Zhang Yixing, they were his life. The written word was what brought food on his table and helped his family keep the roof over their head. Working with words wasn’t exactly the highest-paying job around; but he loved it and the thrill he got from it was something not even the best-paying job could replace.

As much as he loved his job, there were some days it drove him up the wall. Especially when all 20 authors assigned to him expected him to turn their 5,000 paged word-vomits into reader-friendly novels in one night. He liked to think he was a miracle worker but there were some days wherein he found that he met his limits. He needed a break; yet he didn’t trust anyone else to touch his “babies.”

“Hey, Yixing,”

He looked up from the novel he was proofreading and saw his friend/one of the authors he works with peering at him with wide doe eyes. He merely grunted in acknowledgement and resumed his business.

“There are a still a few typos in that last draft you sent back.”

Yixing’s eyes froze in the middle of a run-on sentence. “,” he muttered, looking for the file he sent to Lu Han last night. When he found it and skimmed through it a few times, he saw the typos Lu Han was talking about.

“SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT.” He shouted, as he stood up and ran around the room with his mouth open wide. He felt like such an idiot. How could he let those mistakes get past him? He couldn’t excuse having too much work to do. . How many more novels had cases like these? Oh no… He was going to get fired if anyone found out. Now what was he going to do?!

As though sensing his friend’s thoughts, Lu Han stopped Yixing in mid-run by blocking his path. “Calm down,” he said, gently taking his friend by the shoulders and sitting him back on the office chair.

“You, my good friend, need a break.”

And that was how Yixing found himself being dragged out of his office and into the sun, spending half of his morning just walking around, talking about the most mundane things with Lu Han.

And he’ll get back to the office by one in the afternoon to be greeted by the same papers he left behind and an irate boss yelling at him to finish his work.  

“Ugh… this is why I don’t like taking breaks.”






DAY 24: Viruses and Office Cats Are The Least Of Your Worries [Chanyeol]
by tatianatorpid
Chanyeol | Baekhyun/Chanyeol, Sehun/Luhan, Kai/D.O.| 750 words. Joonmyun wishes he could get transferred to the foreign office.

“Chanyeol?”

“Yes, Joonmyun?” He sees his boss’ head floating just above the wall of his cubicle. He also spots a pair of unfamiliar kohl lined eyes peering over the divider.

“Oh good, you’re here. This is Byun Baekhyun, you’ll be sharing this cubicle with him.” Chanyeol stands up at the introduction and he exchanges an awkward bow with the new arrival. Joonmyun turns to Baekhyun, “Baekhyun, you will be partnered with Chanyeol for the Two Moons account. He will fill you in on everything you need to know.”

Joonmyun is about to leave when Chanyeol taps his shoulder, “Hey Joonmyun, I thought I was going to be partnered with Sehun for Two Moons.”

“It was Jongin’s suggestion. Sehun has been reassigned to Luhan’s project and Kyungsoo is going to keep helping you out from time to time, but he’s going to focus on his other assignment. Excuse me, Chanyeol.” Joonmyun smiles and hurries away

“That’s a mistake,” Chanyeol clicks his tongue and plops down onto his chair.

“What? I’m sorry?”

He turns to face Baekhyun and laughs, “Sehun. It was a mistake to take him off this…not going to get any work done at all.”

“Oh, um look…I know it’s hard partnering with someone new, but I’ll work hard and-”

Chanyeol continues, “Sehun has the hots for Luhan. Can you imagine trying to get work done when the self-proclaimed love of his life, master of his heart, and reason for his existence is barely a foot away?” he waves his arms around expressively and his eyes are wide and animated. “AND JONGIN! That sneaky bastard, pulling a trick like this without telling me. I have to come up with something bigger and better…”

“Jongin is working with Kyungsoo on that assignment right?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“Well, that was probably part of his plan too. He put Sehun with Luhan, and me with you. So there isn’t anyone, but Kyungsoo available to help him, which means he gets to spend lots of time with the object of his not-so-secret affections.”

“Wait. How did you figure out that Jongin likes-”

“Jongin was on Kyungsoo like butter on toast in the pantry before and after I was introduced to them.”

Chanyeol laughs until he almost falls off his chair. He offers a handshake, “Hi, Baekhyun was it?” Baekhyun smiles as he shakes his hand and Chanyeol thinks this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

---

Jongin was called into Joonmyun’s office. His boss had his head buried in his keyboard when he walked in, “Jongin, I am never listening to you ever again. I don’t even know why I did in the first place.”

“Why is that Joonmyun?”

Joonmyun raised his head, the keyboard keys had left embossed marks on his face and Jongin resisted the urge to snap a picture, “Productivity is down by twelve percent and one of our client accounts is thinking of pulling out. We’ve had to send Luhan to the foreign office-”

“Poor Sehun,” Jongin felt bad for the guy, he really did.

“Kyungsoo is more skittish than ever. I can only hope he doesn’t file a harassment case against you.”

“Oh, believe me, he won’t.” Jongin smirked and Joonmyun added that to his ever growing list of fears.

“The only people that seem to still be working are Chanyeol and Baekhyun.”

“Well that’s good then, isn’t it?”

“No, it isn’t. Since Baekhyun came along two weeks ago, everything for Two Moons has been done so efficiently that Chanyeol now has time to prank everyone. I’ve even had Kris calling all the way from their offices telling me how a Happy Virus has infiltrated their computers. I don’t even know how they  managed to do that.” Joonmyun forgets that in Baekhyun’s he resume stated that he took computer science courses in college.

“That is…brilliant. Why wasn’t I a part of this?”

“You weren’t, but Baekhyun was. There was that one day when the office was crawling with cats in collars and neckties.”

“Office-Cats. Good times, good times.”

“And remember that SNSD thing?”

“Oh you mean when Genie was playing on everyone’s computers non-stop and all the fax and printers machines were churning out TaeTiSeo posters?”

“Yes, that SNSD thing.”

“That was Baekhyun?”

“No. That was Chanyeol telling Baekhyun he was in love with him.”

Jongin leapt onto Joonmyun’s desk, “I SO CALLED THAT! I knew this was going to happen! Baekhyun is so his type!”

There’s a knock on his door. It’s Sehun, “Joonmyun, you’d better come see this.”

“What is it?”

“There is a mural of Chanyeol on the bathroom ceiling. I think it was made with eyeliner.”

Joonmyun wishes he could get transferred to the foreign office.