Establishing Chap

They Told Me . . .

488123_477212608957165_1464810463_n.jpg

 

Just a teaser of the things that would happen -- if stated in film language , this is called as a establishing chap :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

“It’s quite unfair isn’t it?” He said to her as they watched their goofy friends chase each other like kids on that length of the shore.

 

It was their third night in the villa and like other nights, the whole group was again taking a walk near the sea. And just like other nights, they were left alone by the group. As if they were a couple of their own. “What’s unfair?” Chaerin asked as she moved another few inches away from him since she always seem to move closer to him.

 

“The way they treat us—I don’t understand why the others always leave us alone.” He smiled as she watched him talk. She was amazed on him—like how can his eyes have this certain twinkle on them whenever he talked or whenever he laughed. His movements always looked so graceful yet so masculine.

 

And he seems to have this strange ability.

 

He could make her heart beat faster with just a look or a slight touch—and that is why she made sure distance existed between them. “I guess you’re right, but maybe it’s because they think that you have every right to babysit me.” She said and it was supposed to sound like a joke, but for Jiyong—it sounded reality which it really was the truth.

 

“Can I ask something?” He asked as he watched Youngbae jump on Daesung’s back then the big Seunghyun followed suit—he chuckled at the insanity of his friends. “Yeah?” She replied as she too laugh at the them. “It’s a little bit private though.” He said before moving in front of her and walking backwards while she moved towards him.

 

It was a little bit intimate—them walking face to face and her keeping her eyes anywhere but him. “Hurry up in asking before I change my mind.” She said. True, anymore silence would probably make her want to move towards the crazy crowd.

 

“What did you find in my brother that you can’t find in others?” he asked. She raised a delicate brow at him and wondered why he asked that. She thought about what she could say, what sensible answer could she probably reply.

 

And now that he asked that—she seem to answer none. “That’s okay—you don’t really have to answer.” He said with that sly smile in his lips which could probably mean that he caught her in the act or that he was just plainly guilty about everything.

 

“Look, I’m so—” he was guilty that he was able to draw such a deep a frown in her once smiling lips and he thought of something to ease her but she stopped him. “Honestly, I don’t know myself why I agreed to marry him.”

 

This time, they stopped walking. The group moved father and father away, their noise getting lower until all that Chaerin and Jiyong could hear were the sound of the waves, the wind and their quite unsteady heartbeat.

 

“I mean I like him,” she sat on the sand and pulled her shawl closer. “Liked him a lot actually. He’s everything I’m not.” She looked at the ocean and noticed that perhaps because of their indifference she fell out of love quickly.

 

And starting to like this stranger who was her fiancé’s brother. “People call us yin and yang, but sometimes I think we’re too much of the opposite poles.”

 

He sat beside her and with him this close she wanted to admit the fact that, “I think I made a mistake.”

 

“Don’t say that, Chae.” Jiyong whispered and she looked at him. His eyes were lost in the ocean but she knew he was thinking deep. Was it possible for them to meet in just four days and know each other this deep?

 

“I don’t want to steal what my brother owns.” He said before standing up and offering a hand towards her to pull her up. She was smart but this time, all her wits left her.