Super Junior Anniversary Concert

Smile

 

Super Junior is having their anniversary concert in Korea. It is to thank their fans for always being there for them. After all, the fans are what make them keep on going.

                They are already on their third song together. Some of the members like Yesung, Eunhyuk, and Kyuhyun had their solo performances already. Melody is in the backstage watching from the big screen that the staff built to watch the progress of the concert. The group is having a blast out there. The fans all seem to be having a lot of fun. They are all screaming and even singing the songs with them.

                But as always, whenever she’s watching their concert, even from backstage, Melody has her eyes set on just one guy. Is it obsession already, she wonders. She just can’t take his eyes off of him whenever she had the chance to look at him unnoticeable by people. She won’t have that courage if she knew he’s aware of her. The spunk that she’s always showing him is to hide her real feelings. But as time passes by, it’s getting harder and harder for her to pretend that she doesn’t care about him when in fact, all she wanted was to be with him every moment.

                She remembered that scene on the music room. That was one of her most treasured moments. She probably won’t forget that for the rest of her life. She just looked into his eyes and she was lost. If only they weren’t interrupted, they could have…

                “Hey Melo!” Someone called her and all her thoughts are forgotten. It’s Heechul.

                “Hey yourself,” she answered.

                “Did you see my performance? Did you see? Did you see?” He seems to be so excited and proud of himself.

                “Yes, I saw all of you.” The other members are back on their seats. Some are drinking water. They all seem to be exhausted but satisfied. They looked at her then asked in a chorus, “And what do you think?”

                “I didn’t know my opinion is that important now,” she smiled. They still waited. “It was spectacularly perfect.” And indeed it was. They all cheered. Just then she noticed one person is missing. She asked them, “Where is your leader?”

                “Oh, he’s going to have a solo,” Eunhyuk answered.

                “He said he’s going to dedicate it to someone special,” Sungmin followed. They have mysterious looks on their faces. She tried to catch Henry’s eyes but even he was just smiling mysteriously. Then he pointed at the monitor. There, in the middle of the stage, standing so confidently is Park Jung Su. He’s beside a piano and holding a red rose. A red rose!

                He started talking, “This song is supposed to be a duet. But since my duet partner Krystal can’t be available tonight, I’m going to call someone else. The most beautiful melody I’ve ever heard in my life, Seonsaeng-nim, will you please sing with me… again?” He looked directly at the camera so it seemed that he’s really looking at her.

                “Hey Melo, he’s calling you,” the boys said to her.

                “Seon—seonsaengnim? Me?” She still wants a confirmation. Her heart is beating wildly now.

                “Yes, you. We only have one teacher and that’s you,” Kyuhyun confirmed.

                “And you heard him say, “The most beautiful ‘Melody’ blah blah blah…”” Kangin followed, even quoting the word “Melody.” By this time they are all standing.

                “He’s waiting,” they all said then pushed her to the stage.

                “W—wait! What am I gonna do?” she’s panicking now as they neared the stage.

                “Just follow him,” Henry said, patted her shoulder, and then pushed her to the stage.

                Leeteuk seems to be waiting patiently for her in the middle of the stage. The audience is now quiet. She started walking towards him, with her every step she feels like she’s going to faint any moment. But she’s oh so excited at the same time.

                When she reached him, he has this beautiful smile on his face as he handed her the rose.

                “Yeah, it’s me,” he said. She looked at him questioningly then at the rose on her hand. There, on the stem, is another post-it note. And what was printed on it almost took her breath away. It says, “Mahal kita.”

                He started speaking again to the audience, “This song mirrors exactly what I feel at this moment.” He looked at her then whispered, “What I feel for you. Sing with me.” He gave her a microphone then sat in front of the piano. He started playing “Grumbling,” the song they sang the other day. He’s looking at her while playing when he mouthed, “It’s your part.”

                She started singing. “I feel frustrated. How can you be so foolish not to notice! The way you speak shows that you are not impressed with my charm. I’m beginning to lose my courage.”

                Leeteuk’s just looking at her even when it’s his turn to sing. “That's not because I'm foolish. I only look at your face and my mind turns blank. I don't know why. I've been practicing to speak tenderly and beautifully for the whole day.

She started to become conscious of her appearance. She didn’t even have the chance to look at herself in the mirror before they pushed her to the stage. And oh, she’s just wearing her usual attire which is composed of a plain white shirt, jeans, and sneakers while this man, this gorgeous man looks like a god from Olympus with his three-piece white suit. Oh crap, I look just like his P.A., she almost muttered.  But she has to smile, no matter how stupid she looks like. She looked at the rose on her hand and back at him. She wondered if what was written on it is real. She looked deeply into his eyes and she’s once again mesmerized. He looks at her like she’s the most beautiful girl he’s ever seen.

Now, I'll be your only one, only one heart will beat for the two of us. Even though the time would pass by, we’ll cherish this beautiful moment forever.”

                They continued with their duet. Miraculously, they sound really perfect together. She just kept on looking at him and all negative thoughts are forgotten. Eventually, she started really enjoying this once in a lifetime experience with Park Jungsu.

                “Take step by step, get closer to you. You'll become my last love, I believe so. Forever with you.”

                The crowd was still quiet even when they finished the song. Leeteuk stood up, took her microphone, and then held her hand so tightly, like he never wanted to let her go. He told her to bow and they both did. When she thought the audience is going to boo her, they started cheering and clapping their hands. But what was most surprising is that they have a standing ovation!

                “They love you,” Leeteuk whispered to her ear. “But not as much as I do.” He touched her cheek and then kissed her fully on the mouth for all the world to see.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

You wanna know something? haha! Even if you don't I'll tell it anyway.

Melody stands for 'my ideal kind of me' haha! Corny...

but it's actually true, it's the name that I've always wanted to have but my real name is very different from it... LOL! nonsense...