Confessions...

Smile

 

Melody and the Super Junior are now back in their dorm. Except for Leeteuk. They are having a private celebration because of the success of the anniversary concert. But Melody couldn’t join their celebration. She chose to stay outside because she felt so restless. She just couldn’t stay in one place so she kept on walking back and forth. So many things are running through her head. Some are positive but most are negative.

                They didn’t have a chance at all to talk after they sang. After that kiss. They still had other performances after their scene so Leeteuk became so busy. Whenever he went backstage, he only had enough time to change clothes. After the concert, when she thought they could finally have the chance to talk, the manager called him and asked him to come to the SM office.

                So now she was left alone with those crazy thoughts in her head. What if everything that happened was just for the sake of the show? What if he was just playing with her feelings? But what about the rose? What about the note? What about that kiss? He even said he loves her, even though not directly, that’s what the whole performance was about, wasn’t it? 

                And if indeed it was true, what if the manager objects to it? What if his career would be affected? After all, he just kissed a nobody in front of thousands of people. Ah, so many what-ifs! “Where that heck is that guy?!” she asked the air.

                “What guy?”

                She stopped walking. He really is here now. In front of her. “You! You’ve got a lot of explaining to do,” she told him.

                He smiled. “Yeah, I think so too. But why don’t we go inside first? I’m really hungry.”

                “And I’m starting to get angry,” which wasn’t true. She just doesn’t know what to feel at the moment. She felt so confused. She couldn’t be happy entirely because of her doubts.

                “Ha?” he looked surprised because of what she said. “Oh, don’t be angry. Okay, okay, I’ll explain now. But first…” he showed a bouquet of roses that he was hiding behind his back. “Take this first.” She took the flowers and finally smiled. Hope was now flooding through her system.

                “There, much better. You look really pretty when you’re smiling,” he said.

                She looked at him, “Talk.”

                He smiled again. A shy one. He even scratched his forehead. “Hmmm… Let’s see… Do you know that I’m really nervous right now? Actually, that’s how I feel whenever I see you. Why are you so beautiful? And every time you’re smiling like that, I’m falling for you even more.”

                That sounded really good to her ears, but then… “That sounds really familiar,” she said even knotting her forehead.

                “Was it?” he asked innocently.

                “Yes. I just don’t remember—” Leeteuk took his cellphone from his pocket and then he started typing. “Hey, we’re not yet finished talking. Please keep—”

Can you speak in Filipino?” she suddenly heard from his cellphone speaker.

Filipino? Why so sudden?

Because I want to learn it.” OMG!

Hmmm. Let’s see… Alam mo bang kinakabahan talaga ako ngayon? Sa totoo lang, ganoon ang nararamdaman ko sa tuwing nakikita kita. Bakit ba sobrang guwapo mo? Saka kapag ngumingiti ka nang ganyan, mas lalo akong nahuhulog sa iyo.

He was looking at her with an evident amusement on his eyes when the recorded conversation ended. But she was incredulous!

“How did you--?”

“Don’t look at me like that. Truthfully, when I asked you to speak in Filipino before, I really wanted to learn it so I recorded our conversation. But I had forgotten it for a long time because we became so busy. I only remembered it recently, before the concert to be exact. I asked someone to translate it for me. Just then, I had the guts to do what I did when I learned what it really means,” he explained.

“Do you really mean what you said? And what you did?” she was still dumbstruck when she asked that.

He looked deeply into her eyes. “I’ve been wanting to do that for a long time,” then he closed the space between them. “And this,” he embraced her like he never wanted to let her go. “I can hear your heart beat. Or is it mine?” he whispered to her ear and she shivered.

“Is this for real? If I am just dreaming, please don’t wake me up.” He chuckled then looked deeply into her eyes.

“I am as real as this,” and then he lowered his head and kissed her for the second time around. “Sweet,” he said when the kiss ended.

She was still dazed but she has to ask him. “Why?”

“What do you mean ‘Why?’?”

“Why did you do that?” Wasn’t that a stupid question to ask?

“Why did I do this?” he kissed her again.

“That. And everything else. Why did you do what you did at the concert? Was it really you who were giving me all those roses? Why?”

“Don’t you still get it? It’s because I love you. If you still don’t get it, I’ll tell you in different languages that I know you would understand. Mahal kita. Aieru. Wo ai ni. Gua ai di. Saranghe.” She was dumbstruck by his declaration. “I liked you the very first time I saw you. You are always on my mind even when I dream. I don’t know why I love you so don’t ask me that. Just believe me when I say I do. I gave you flowers because I wanted to court you. I learned that in Filipino culture, the guys court the girls that they like to be their girlfriend.”

“Why didn’t you show yourself then if you wanted to court me?” They were so close because he was still hugging her. But she couldn’t stay away and push him. It’s like she could feel a sense of belonging in his arms.

“Because I felt discouraged. You are so close to Henry so I thought that you are already involved romantically with him. Do you remember when you went to Everland with him?” she nodded. “That day, I tried to follow you there. I even went with all of the members. I was so excited and they were too. But the moment we stepped out of the car, many people recognized us. We weren’t even able to go inside the amusement park because the people approached us. They were asking for autographs and pictures and performances. We had no choice but to leave because we might cause a stampede. I was so sad that day. And so jealous of Henry.”

Now she remembered the rose she got that day. “There was a sad face on your note. You are really jealous of Henry?”

“Hell yes!” How can she not fall for this guy who admitted how he loved her and how he got jealous of another man?

“Do you know that Henry knows about my real feelings for you? And he even knows that you are jealous of him.”

“Huh?”

“That guy, he’s such a keen observer. He easily noticed that I liked you from the start. I am thankful to him because he kept my secret. Much more, he became an instrument for you to know your real feelings.” She didn’t like to see that crease between his brows so she continued. “There’s no reason for you to be jealous of him or to any Super Junior member. You are the one I like the most. Ah no, let me change that. I like all of them but…”

“But?” he held his breath.

“You’re the only one I love.” There. She finally said it.

That brought the most wonderful smile on his face. As he was about to kiss her again, they heard some strange noise coming from the dorm. All the Super Junior members are by the door. And the strange sound that they heard was made by Heechul, Eunhyuk, and Yesung because they fell on the floor. They were probably pushing each other as they looked at what was happening. They had been watching them!

“It wasn’t me,” Heechul said as he stood up.

“I didn’t start it,” Eunhyuk followed.

“I didn’t hear anything,” Yesung told them.

“We didn’t see anything,” the other boys said in a chorus.

Leeteuk’s eyes turned into slits as he freed her from his embrace. But he still didn’t let her go as he put his arm on her shoulders. She just smiled beside him.

“Aren’t you supposed to be partying inside?” Leeteuk asked them.

“We were, actually,” Donghae said. He also put his arm on Eunhyuk’s shoulders like what Leeteuk did. “But Heechul hyung said he wanted to watch a romantic scene so he went out and then we followed him.”

“Why me?” Heechul asked Donghae. “It’s this guy,” he pointed to Eunhyuk. “He told me there’s something happening outside.”

Leeteuk just shook his head. “Come on, let’s just go inside. We should be celebrating instead of arguing.” Then he whispered to her ear, “We’ll continue with our private celebration some other time.” She anticipated that more that anything in the world.

They went inside and they partied. Melody was having the time of her life. Leeteuk was so affectionate and caring. He was serving her food and he was attentive to her every needs. He even tried to feed her but she refused because the other guys were teasing them. But Leeteuk didn’t seem to mind.

“So we now have the answer as to who she thinks is the most handsome. I can’t believe I lost,” Kangin said while shaking his head.

“What do you mean you lost?” she asked him.

“Didn’t you say that the person you like the most is the most handsome? Obviously, it was Leeteuk hyung,” Sungmin said. She looked at Leeteuk and smiled. It was true.

“So why did he lose?” she remembered her question to Kangin.

“Because he bet that he’s the one you think is the most handsome,” Siwon answered.

“You had a bet?” she asked again then looked at all of them. Her gaze finally landed on Leeteuk. Her look was scrutinizing.

“Don’t look at me like that. I didn’t know anything about that bet,” Leeteuk said defensively.

“That’s right. He didn’t know the bet,” Shindong followed.

“So, who won?” she just asked.

“I did.” It was Henry. He grinned.

“Ya! You’re not fair!”

“You knew from the beginning!”

They were all complaining. She, herself thought that it was not a fair play.

“Hey, come on guys. A bet is a bet. You all bet for yourselves but I couldn’t do that for myself because she plainly told me that she just thinks I’m cute. Something that I still can’t accept until now. So I just chose Teukie hyung.” She thought he had a point.

“So what’s the bet?” Leeteuk asked them.

“I can ask them to do anything for me for one whole day,” Henry answered.

“What can we do but accept our loss? Anyway, you told me I’m y and very sweet,” Donghae said which was directed to her.

“And I’m adorable.”

“And I’m a darling.”

“I’m exciting.” She can’t believe they still couldn’t forget ‘The Alphabet Song’,

“I’ll settle with beautiful.”

“You said I’m so heavenly. You were probably talking about my voice.”

“Hey! How come we’re like Jack and Jill?”

“Is it true that I’m the one you idolize?”

Before she could say anything to them, she felt that Leeteuk grabbed her hand. “Let’s get out of here,” he said as they both stood up.

“Ya! Where are you going?”

“Hyung, can we come with you?”

“I think it’s better that they go out. I’m feeling so envious of him.”

“I want a girlfriend too.”

They can still hear them as Leeteuk closed the door. They went straight to the elevator.

“Why did you ever compliment them like that?” he asked her as they are finally alone.

“Don’t tell me you are jealous again?”

“No. But I still remember when you complimented all of them back in Japan and all you told me was ‘Smile’.”

“Do you know that you are handsomest when you smile? I fell in love with your smile,” she touched his cheek. “And this dimple.”

“Admire me some more.”

“Don’t forget that ‘U made my life complete’ and now I also know that ‘K you’re so kissable’.” She was about to kiss him again but the elevator door suddenly opened. There were three old women outside who looked suspicious to the two of them as they stepped out of the elevator. But they just held each other’s hand as they walked both pretending to look innocent.

“Why are there so many people every time I want to kiss you the most?” Leeteuk whispered to her.

She giggled. “Where are we going?”

“I don’t know either. I just thought I wanted to be alone with you.”

 

                Isn't that just the beginning of their story? I wouldn't say that it's the end. ^^ Thank you for reading...

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

So many silent readers? Eh... I wish you could comment guys... it might give me the drive to write a sequel... but since it's like this... I don't think so...

And sorry 'cause now I'd like to write more stories about SHINee, particularly my angel Lee Jinki.. peace!^^