The Alphabet Song :)

Smile

 

Melody and the Super Junior members are now in their flight back to Korea. Their concert in Japan was a complete success. And she could see the contented looks on all of their faces. They really worked hard for the concert to be that successful. They practiced nonstop for their performances to be perfect, so as not to disappoint the fans who expected a lot from them. And they even started studying Japanese patiently with her, so they can introduce themselves properly to the Japanese people. They deserved all the praise, love, and support they got.

But even though they got the chance to finally rest, the boys seemed restless. They looked playful even. They were talking about the concert and some other things as well. And they were talking in different languages but Korean. It’s like… Siwon would ask a question in Chinese and then Heechul would answer in Japanese. Sungmin would speak in English but Eunhyuk talks back to him in Japanese. They seemed really crazy and weird but still, they looked happy and energized… and all handsome.

She started teaching them some Asian languages already because most of their tours take place in Asia. Aside from that, they can now speak in English with almost perfect grammar and pronunciation. She has been with them for more than six months now. In that short span of time, they had learned so much already and she was really proud of herself. But…

“What’s gotten into them?” she asked Henry beside her. He was also looking at them.

He smiled and then said, “You.”

“Me?”

“Yes, you. Because of your compliments before we went to stage, they were all energized throughout the entire concert.”

“Huh? But why is it that up until now, they are like that?”

Instead of answering her, he called them, “Hey guys, Melody wants to ask you something.” They all looked at her and waited for her to speak.

“Ah… what’s gotten into you?” She must have looked really funny because they just burst out laughing.

Then she heard Heechul spoke, “Hey Melo, even though you hate me, do you think I’m handsome?” She heard Henry chuckled beside her. The two of them were on the backseat so the other boys had to turn back from their seats to talk to her. At the corner of her eye, she saw Leeteuk also looking at her with a weird expression on his face.

“No,” she answered Heechul. “In fact I’d say you’re too beautiful to be a man.” But the glint from his eyes was still there when he said, “You make it sound as though I’m gay.”

“Are you?”

“Hell, no!”

“Well then, there’s no problem, is there? You’re famous for your unique face. Just be happy with it.”

“I am happy. We just wanted to hear your opinion.” He grinned.

“You seemed to have a talent in complimenting people,” Donghae said. He was also grinning.

“No. I just know what adjectives to use,” she told him.

“Okay, talking about adjectives,” it was Eunhyuk. “Why don’t you tell us who is the most handsome?”

“Oh no, not that again,” she said. “If I answer that, you would know who I like the most.”

“What’s the connection?” Sungmin asked.

“Because if I tell you who I think is the most handsome, I can’t help but be biased to the person I like the most.”

“So there really is someone you like in Super Junior?” it was Yesung.

“Isn’t it obvious already?” they heard Leeteuk said from the front. “We are Super Junior,” he even put his hand in front like they always do whenever they introduce themselves. “There is one hundred percent chance that she would like someone from us because we have everything a woman could ask for.” But he was looking at her and Henry with an almost… hurt expression in his eyes. Could it be possible that he’s really jealous like what Henry said? Or is she imagining things?

“I like… all of you, of course,” she said as she looked back at the other boys. “Even though I’m very young and I’m a foreigner, you still treat me very nicely. You are all like brothers to me.”

“We are all created by God so there should be no discrimination or racism,” she heard Siwon said.

“That’s very nice,” she told him.

“You’re also nice,” he said.

“Hey,” it was Kangin who caught their attention. “I know who she likes the most.”

“Hmmm?” she became nervous. Did he guess?

“It’s me.”

“Huh?” she sighed in relief.

“I’m Korea’s number one handsome guy, Kangin,” she laughed because of his answer.

“I thought you are Korea’s number one raccoon,” the other members laughed because of what she said. Kangin knotted his forehead and pouted his lips.

“How did you know that?”

“Because I’m smart.” Actually, she remembered it from their old TV show ‘Full House’. Kangin looked really hurt but the other members are still laughing and teasing him. “Hey guys,” she called them again. She thought of an idea. “You know what I’m thinking?”

“What?” they asked in a chorus.

“I think you are all handsome but in different ways.”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you know the alphabet song?” she asked them instead of answering.

“Alphabet? A-B-C-D?” Donghae asked. She suddenly giggled because she remembered something about him and A-B-C-D.

“Yeah, that.”

“What’s that got to do with us being handsome in different ways?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Hmmm…” she smiled. “Let me sing the alphabet song to you. Listen, listen. Just bear with my voice, okay?” then she cleared . They still looked confused when she started singing. A you’re adorable,” she pointed to Shindong. B you’re so beautiful,” she pointed to Heechul. He grinned. C you’re a cutie full of charm,” she turned her head and pointed to Henry. D you’re a darling,” to Sungmin. And E you’re exciting,” she sang to Kangin. And F you’re a feather in my arms,” she pointed to Ryeowook. G you’re so good to me,” she extended her hand to Siwon who was in front of her. H you’re so heavenly,” she sang beautifully to Yesung. I you’re the one I idolize,” she looked at Kyuhyun. J we’re like Jack and Jill,” she turned to Eunhyuk. K you’re so kissable, uh…” she shook her head. L means the lovelight in your eyes,” she shook her head again. M, N, O, P, I could go on all day. Q, R, S, T, alphabetically speaking you’re okay. U made my life complete,” she looked at Leeteuk then smiled shyly. But man, doesn’t he look pleased? She continued. V means you’re very sweet,” she pointed to Donghae. W, X, Y, Z, it’s fun to wander through the alphabet with you to tell you what you mean to me.”

They were quiet for a moment but smiling at the same time when she finished the song. Suddenly, they started clapping and cheering and laughing.

“That was… wow!” Heechul said. He was still clapping.

“Even though I hate to admit it, you’re voice is really good,” Kyuhyun said.

“Really?” she didn’t expect that kind of compliment.

“Yes, really,” Yesung answered.

“I thought it was corny.”

“It was, actually. To think that it was a children’s song,” Henry said beside her. “But you just complimented us again. And your really sang well.”

“Wow,” she was really moved by their reaction. “I thought you would laugh at me.” She looked at Leeteuk and he’s still smiling like he’s really happy. Was it because of her?

“I have a question,” Eunhyuk said while raising his hand.

“Hmmm?” she asked.

“Why did you just shake your head when you sang ‘K you’re so kissable’,” he even imitated her singing.

“Ha?” she didn’t expect that question. “Uh… well, because I don’t know who is kissable.”

“Does that mean you’ve never been kissed?” Donghae asked next. She knew by then she was blushing.

“Uh—pass,” she said instead. But it was an obvious answer.

“Hey, don’t ask her that. Look, she’s already blushing,” Leeteuk said and she knew she blushed more.

She cleared . “I’m sleepy,” she said then sat back down. “I’m going to sleep first.” She covered her face with her cardigan and closed her eyes. What the heck did I just do, she asked herself. She just pretended to be really sleeping but she could still hear all of their talks and laughter.

 

When they went back to their dorm, she immediately went to her room so that they won’t have the chance to interrogate her again. But when she entered her room, she found a red rose. There’s a post-it note on the stem and it said “For U.”

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is very mushy and corny... I know, I know... Mian...

There are a few more chapters left. I hope you won't be disappointed dear readers... :)