And she met the boys…

Smile

 

The manager didn’t introduce her to the boys until they finalized the contract saying that she’s going to work for them as a language instructor – meaning, she will not only teach English but other languages as well since they are international superstars. The contract also states that she’s going to help with international transactions regarding the Super Junior since she is fluent in most major languages. She has to come with them every time they have tours or concerts in and out of Korea. This clause in the contract was the most favorable for Melody since that was what she wanted in the first place – to travel and use her talents at the same time while she is earning a lot of money. But on top of that, what was most favorable for her is that she’s going to see that person up close and personal. And talk to him. Everyday!

She was nervous as hell when she entered the Super Junior apartment building. All of her thoughts were spinning inside her head; she was beginning to get dizzy. What if she doesn’t look presentable enough? She’s just wearing a simple red blouse, skinny jeans, and her favorite pair of sneakers. I should have worn a dress, she thought then shook her head. She’s not even wearing make-up. She just put on some baby powder and a very light lip stick. She looks like a teenager. How are they going to treat her as their teacher? No. It’s never like her to impress people with her physical appearance. Call her egoistic but she prefers to be remembered because of her humor and intelligence. She never really cared before about her looks but now, crap! She’s going to meet some very famous people. She’s going to face the Super Junior! What if they won’t accept her? What if he won’t like her? She shakes her head again. Enough of these crazy thoughts, she told herself. Just be and look confident.

“Okay agasshi, are you ready to meet them? Don’t worry. They won’t bite,” the manager said smiling.

She nodded then answered, “Yes.”

Mr. Lee opened the door of a very good looking apartment and she was greeted by the most good looking men she’s ever seen in her life.

“Boys, I’m going to introduce to you one very important person,” the manager. “I already told you in the past that I’m looking for a person who is going to help you become better International top stars. And I found her. This is Melody Rivera. Miss Melody, these are my children. I guess you already know them. Now can you please introduce yourself to them?”

“It’s my pleasure,” she told him then inhaled deeply before facing the guys.

“Hello everyone. I’m Melody Rivera. You can call me Melo. I studied foreign languages in college and I can speak English, Korean, Filipino, Japanese, Chinese, both Mandarin and Cantonese, French, Italian, Spanish, and German, all of them fluently,” she introduced herself in Korean.

“Wow! Are you a genius?” she heard Eunhyuk said while he seemed to be counting on his fingers the languages she just said.

“It’s nice to meet you too Lee Hyuk jae-sshi. No, I can’t be categorized as a genius because my I.Q. is a little lower than that of a prodigy. I just found learning languages a lot of fun.”

“Oh! You know me,” Eunhyuk said.

“Who doesn’t?” Eunhyuk smiled at that. “Now let me continue. I’m a Filipino and it’s the first time that I went to Korea so I would get lost if ever I go out of this building. Aside from that, I’m not very good with directions.” All the boys are just looking at her with weird expressions on their faces. Their probably thinking, why the heck does she have to tell us she’s not good with directions? She smiled at them then continued. “Anyway, that’s not important. But what you should all know about me is that I will be your mentor starting… hmmm…” she looked at the manager then back at the boys. “Starting today. Because you will be learning languages, you will spend most of your days with me, even when you’re on tours. So I hope to know you more in the days to come and for you to do the same.”

“Ah, question,” Leeteuk said while raising his hand. She swallowed hard.

“Yes, Park Jung Su-sshi?”

“How old are you?

“Oh, I forgot that detail,” she smiled shyly at him. “But…” she turned to the other boys. She just can’t look at him for a long time. She’s almost trembling. “Can you guess?” she continued.

“That’s the thing. We are all wondering about that. Right guys?” that was Yesung. “You look like a teenager.”

“Ye!”

“Chincha!”

“Jeongmal!”

“And considering you can speak that many languages, you couldn’t be that young,” now it’s Siwon.

Exactly what she was thinking a while ago. She cleared then smiled again. “Well, I’m not that young, but I’m not that old either. But I’m sure you are all older than me.”

“Chincha?”

“Jeongmal?”

“Ne. Jeongmal-yo. I’m 23 years old,” she finally said.

“Only 23?” it was Kyuhyun’s turn to react. It seemed so hard for them to believe that she is that young.

“Yes, I’m only 23,” she confirmed.

“That makes me…” Leeteuk was counting. “Six years older than you.”

“Uh-huh. I think so.”

“Oh, but we’re just about the same age,” Henry said.

“That’s right. But my birthday is in December while yours is in October.” Henry nodded. “That makes me, still, younger than all of you,” she said while smiling.

“I can’t believe it!” it’s Ryeowook.

“Oh, but you have to.”

“That means you are now the maknae!” Ryewook again.

“I guess so.”

“And you are going to be our teacher?” Kangin asked then turned to the manager who was still standing beside her. Melody on the other hand feels like she’s being interrogated by the President of Korea. Her nervousness doesn’t show but deep inside, she feels like she’s going to faint anytime. What the heck is with these people, she thought.

“Yes. Even though Miss Melody is as young as that, I trust that she is quite capable of teaching you several languages. And I trust also, that you would behave properly with her. Now, I’m going to leave you all now. Try to get to know each other better,” the manager said before turning to her again. “Miss Melody, if anything bad happens, you can let me know. I will just be on the other building and you have my number. But I believe that you are perfectly fine here.” Then he turned to Leeteuk. “Leeteuk-sshi, I’ll leave you in charge here.”

“Arasseo, arasseo,” Leeteuk answered. The manager left. “So,” he turned to her again. She almost stopped breathing. “In behalf of the Super Junior, I welcome you seonsaengnim!”

And that was how she met the love of her life…