Love in Bloom?

Friendship & Love

 

We know you may feel uncomfortable with guys, especially after what happened,” Jin went on in a rush before she was given a chance to speak, “but just in case you need something . . .”

Hae Rin drew circles on Key’s palm again. “It’s fine with me,” she said. “I trust Key.”

Onew came inside the room. “Key ah, can we talk for a second outside?” he asked.

“Sure, hyung.” Key followed him outside.

“Here are some clothes,” Jin was saying to Hae Rin. “They belong to Key. I don’t think we have any other girls’ clothes here, since none of us ever had a girl over before.” He handed over a pair of pajama pants and a yellow T-shirt. “You better change. I’ll be outside. Goodnight.”

Hae Rin changed into the pajama pants and took off the jacket Jin gave her.

Key came in. “Uh, Hae Rin ah . . .” He saw Hae Rin without a shirt, and only a bra. His face went red. “Oh, uh, um, I . . .” He turned around to face the door. “Mianhae.”

Hae Rin quickly put the shirt on. “You can turn around now.”

Key cleared his throat, turning around. He walked over to her and sat down next to her on the bed. “Sorry, again. I did not mean to see anything.”

Hae Rin put her hand on his chin and lifted his face so that they were eye to eye. “Gwaenchanha.” She kissed his cheek sweetly. “So, what did I miss in school?”

Key blushed at the unexpected kiss but tried to recompose his posture. “Well, Boo Yee and Minho are dating, but not officially together.” He rolled his eyes.

Hae Rin smiled. “They make a cute couple.” She lied down on Key’s bed, plopping her head on his soft pillow. She closed her eyes and smiled. It has been too long since she had this sort of luxury.

Key lied down beside her. “But you should see them all lovey-dovey. It creeps me out.” He shuddered. Too much of it made him want to puke. But really, he envied them.

She giggled.

“I never heard you giggle before,” Key remarked, smiling. “It’s kinda cute.”

Hae Rin blushed, feeling shy all of a sudden. “Gomawo.”

Key got up on his feet. “We should get ready for bed,” he said. “I’ll sleep on the floor.”

“You can sleep beside me, Key. I’m fine with it. I can trust you.”

“No, it’s fine. You’re the guest.”

Hae Rin took Key’s hand and led him back to the bed. “Please, oppa,” she said, pouting with puppy dog eyes. She did her best aegyo. “Bbuing, bbuing.”

Key laughed. “Fine,” he relented. “But I’m just doing it because you did puppy dog eyes and I fall for those easily. Girls and their aegyos.” He pulled the quilt out a little so they could both get it.

“Like how I fell for you,” Hae Rin whispered very quietly.

Key looked back at her. “Did you say something just now?” he asked. He was sure he heard her whisper something just now. But what?

“Nothing.” She slid under the covers. “Are you coming?”

Key slid in beside her. “So, uh, night.”

Hae Rin kissed his cheek before snuggling up under the covers, facing him.

Key blushed furiously, turning off the lamp near the bed. “Uh, yeah. Night.” He snuggled up under the covers, and fell asleep, facing Hae Rin.

 

“They look really cute,” Minho sniggered.

It was the next morning. Onew, Taemin, Minho and Boo Yee were in Key’s room, watching Key and Hae Rin sleeping peacefully.

“Guys, we only came here for a picture,” Boo Yee reminded them but she was trying to stop herself from laughing. “If they catch us, we’re dead.”

Minho looked at her, wrapping his arms around her and pulled her close to him. She giggled. Skinship devil, she thought affectionately as he gave her a quick peck on the lips.

“Do you think something happened between them last night?” Taemin asked curiously.

The others shrugged. Who knows?

Key rubbed his eyes and opened them. “No, nothing happened to us,” he said, glarring at them. “Taemin, how dare you ever suggest such thing?”

Taemin blushed furiously. “Oh. Um.” He tried to think of something to say but ended up coming with blank. So he did what he could do: bolt. “Yeah, later!” He dashed out of the room.

Onew laughed silently to himself at the maknae. He turned back to the two in bed. Hae Rin was still sleeping. He gestured toward the other couple. “Come on, Minho, Boo Yee. Let’s let them get their sleep.”

Everyone left the room with Onew closing the door quietly.

Key brushed Hae Rin’s hair away from her face. “You’re beautiful, sleeping,” he murmured.

Hae Rin had fallen asleep, leaning on his chest with one of Key’s and her hand entwined while his other hand lay on her shoulder. Hae Rin’s other hand was against his stomach.

Hae Rin looked up at him, smiling. “Do I, really?”

He blushed. “Oh, you heard that.”

She made circles on his stomach. “Thanks.”

Key smiled. “You’re welcome.” He hesitated. “Um, Hae Rin?”

“Yeah?” Hae Rin stopped, looking up.

He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Now. Just do it now. Ask her! Gather the courage to ask her out on a date now, babo. Now!

“Do you want to go out for dinner tonight?” he asked, his heart thumping.

She crawled up so she was face-to-face with him. She smiled shyly and nodded. “I’d love to.” She got out of bed and went in the bathroom.

He got up and starting to jump up and down the bed. “She said yes!”

She came out, and saw what Key was doing. She giggled. “Um, Key?”

Key jumped, startled, and fell off the bed. “Owww,” he muttered under his breath. “Uh, yeah?” he asked sheepishly.

She giggled. “Do you have any extra clothes I could borrow?”

“Uh, sure. Hold on.” He opened his closet and pulled out a pair of jeans and a blue T-shirt. “Here.” He handed them over. “But, um, I haven’t really got any undergarments. So you can borrow . . .”