Epilogue

Friendship & Love

 

Three years later when both Boo Yee and Hae Rin were twenty-three and the guys were twenty-five years old . . .

 

Minho was pacing back and forth, rubbing his hands nervously. “You’ll think she’ll say yes?” he asked for the four hundred and millionth times, much to Key’s exasperation. “I mean, yeah, we love each other, but what if she’s not ready?”

Key sighed for the forth time. “Dude, chill,” he said, mentally taking note that he, himself, should chill before he explodes. “You guys have been together for five years. You’ve been through a lot. Besides, you guys live together already. Of course she’ll say yes.” He made sure Minho didn’t see him rolling his eyes in amusement.

He nodded but that was not enough. “Key, tell Hae Rin I said thanks again, for picking out the ring. I know girls love jewelry, but rings aren’t my thing.”

Key nodded. “Yeah, me too.” He knew how Minho felt. “I’ll tell Hae Rin you said thanks again. For the twentieth time,” he added in a mutter.

“When are you gonna propose to Hae Rin?”

Key blushed. “Um . . .”

Minho looked at his friend. “Wait. Haven’t you thought of proposing to her?”

He shrugged. “Well . . . I’ve thought about it, but I don’t know if she’s ready.”

Minho grinned. “You should hear her when she’s at mine and Boo Yee’s apartment.”

Key’s eyebrows burrowed at that. “What do you mean?”

He smiled and shrugged mysteriously just as Hae Rin went over to where the two guys were, stopping them from saying anything further. “Minho, she’s here.”

Minho’s anxiety attack took over again, so in order to calm himself down, he took a couple of deep breaths. “It’s time,” he said nervously, his voice shaking a bit.

“Relax,” Key muttered.

 

Before Hae Rin went to the boys, she was with Boo Yee.

“Hae Rin, what are we doing here?” Boo Yee asked her best friend. She seemed to be full of mysteries these days.

“It’s a surprise. Just stay right here.” She left.

Boo Yee began to hum her favorite song just as someone wrapped their arms around her, saying, “You’ve always loved that song.”

Boo Yee quickly turned around. “Minho Oppa!” she cried happily, hugging him. “You’re supposed to be shooting a new music video! W – What are you doing here?”

Minho kissed her lightly and smiled at his gorgeous girlfriend. Can she hear his racing heart? “Well, I took a week off from filming to do something really important.”

“What’s that?” Boo Yee asked.

“This.” Minho got down on one knee and pulled out a black, velvet box containing a beautiful ring. “Will you, Park Boo Yee, marry me?”

Boo Yee started cry. She was so shocked, so stunned, and she totally did not expect this. Her boyfriend of five years just proposed to her!

“Neh, Minho Oppa. I will.”

Minho, elated, got up and kissed her, slipping the ring on her. “I love you, Park Boo Yee,” he murmured between kisses.

“I love you, too, Choi Minho,” Boo Yee replied, kissing him back.

 

Hae Rin smiled behind the wall, seeing her friends happy. “She said yes, just like we thought she would,” she announced to Key.

“Hae Rin . . .” she heard her boyfriend call out to her from behind.

Hae Rin turned around. “Yeah?”

Key got down on one knee and Hae Rin’s eyes grew big. “Will you spend the rest of your life with me?” he asked, pulling out a blue velvet box with a ring inside.

“I . . . YES!” She hugged him as he got up.

“I love you, my beautiful Hae Rin,” Key said, putting the ring on her.

“I love you, too, Key,” Hae Rin said, kissing him.

Just then, Boo Yee and Minho walked over to them, holding hands.

“Ahem,” Minho said, clearing his throat with a smirk on his face.

Key and Hae Rin pulled away, unaware that they were watching. “Sorry.”

Boo Yee saw Hae Rin’s engagement ring. She gasped and pointed to the ring, squealing with excitement, realizing what this mean. “Omo, Hae Rin!! He proposed, didn’t he?”

Hae Rin smiled, hugging Key tightly. “Well, yeah.” She went over to her best friend and hugged Boo Yee. “Chukahaeyo to you, too.”

Minho walked over to Key and gave him a brotherly hug. “Chukahaeyo. I didn’t think you’d do it now,” he said, surprised.

Key smiled. “When she was looking at rings with you, I followed and picked out a ring after you guys left. I’ve been planning it for a while.”

The two girls suddenly gasped when they both had the same thought:

“DOUBLE WEDDING!” the two girls cried, hugging and squealing.

 

 

Three months later, on the Wedding Day . . .

 

“Okay, boys, you ready?” Jin asked them as they stood by the door.

“Yeap,” Key and Minho said.

“Got your vows?”

“Yeap.”

“Let’s go,” Jin said.

They headed out and waited for the girls at the altar. This was it!

With the girls, outside the hall, at the entrance, waiting for their cue to go in, Boo Yee turned to Hae Rin. “Ready?”

“Ready . . . what about you?”

“Ready.”

They both took a deep breath and started walking down the aisle as the music played. They smiled when they saw their future husbands-to-be waiting for them at the other end of the aisle. It made them want to move toward the boys faster.

Once they reached the end, they smiled at their soon-to-be husband, who smiled back. They were all feeling rather giddy.

“We are gathered here today,” Jin, who was going to marry the two happy couples, said, “to wed these two couples. Now the rings, please.”

Taemin came up to give the ring to each couple, and then left.

“Hae Rin, as you put the ring on Key, please recite your vows.”

As Hae Rin slid the ring on Key, she said, “Key Oppa, you and I have been through a lot. I’m happy you were there to comfort me and make me happy again. I’m so lucky to have a guy like you in my life forever. I love you.”

“Key, your vows.”

Key placed the ring on Hae Rin. “Hae Rin, ever since I met you, I’ve liked you. You were so different from all the other girls. And when you said yes that day I proposed to you, I felt like the happiest guy in the world. I love you, too.”

“Now Boo Yee.”

Boo Yee slid the ring on Minho’s finger. “Minho Oppa, when I first saw you, I thought you would never notice someone like me, being famous as you are. But that night when you kissed me, I realized I was wrong for thinking I was a nobody. Because I know that I am someone to you. Thank you for making me feel loved.”

“Minho, your turn.”

Minho smiled, sliding the ring into his love. “Park Boo Yee, you are my one true love. When I first met you that day you bumped into me on the way to class, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. That night I kissed you as the best night of my life. I realized that I finally found a girl who loved me for the real me, and not just the famous Choi Minho. Thank you for loving me.”

“I now pronounce you men and wives. You may kiss your bride.”

Minho and Key said to their individual brides, “I love you.”

And Boo Yee and Hae Rin replied back to their individual grooms, “I love you, too.”

And they kissed.

The crowd went wild as they cheered for the two happy-and-just-married couples, throwing their baskets of confetti at them.

 

After the wedding party, Boo Yee and Minho flew to Hawaii for their honeymoon while Hae Rin and Key flew to the Bahamas.

After a year, Hae Rin gave birth to twins HaNa and Seunghyun while Boo Yee and Minho had a little girl named Hanuel three months after Hae Rin did.

Ever wondered what happened to the baby Hae Rin had when she was sixteen? She gave birth to a boy, Donghae, and Donghae was really protective over his siblings.

SHINee had five members: Onew, Taemin, Key, Minho and Jonghyun.

Ever since that faithful day, Jonghyun changed as a totally new person. He and his sister made up and now they are all right.

Hae Rin now helps her father run SM Entertainment while Boo Yee opened up a restaurant/coffee shop.