Chapter 4

Unforgettable Meetings

 

Chapter 4: Let's Just Talk

 

Taemin struggles as he's trying to catch up to the older boy ahead of him. It's already the mid of January and the streets of Seoul are covered in a good amount of snow. It was cold and the wind doesn't seems to help the younger boy with just a thin layer of his long-sleeved shirt.

 

"Minho, wait up!", Taemin called from a distance of about twenty feet away.

 

As by instinct, the older boy turn his his head around hearing his name being called by the familiar voice of the youngster.

 

"Taemin, what are you doing here?", Minho asked, hands in his jacket confused why Taemin ran after him instead of staying inside.

 

"Nothing", Taemin replied. "Just thought you want someone to talk to", he walk closer to the older boy while trying to keep his teeth from clattering in the cold.

 

"And why is that?", the older questioned as he start walking. By this time Taemin had already caught up to him. Taemin just shrugged in respond.

 

~~~

 

"What do you want to talk about Taemin?", Minho take a seat on one of the park's swing looking at the younger boy who's obviously taking interest in the slide.

 

"You", he simply replied.

 

"What about me?"

 

"I don't know Minho. What about you? You still haven't tell me yet"

 

Minho sighed. "Taemin, look here. I'm sorry I was rude to your mom earlier, I...apologized. I don't have time to joke around", he stood up about to leave when Taemin hoped off the slide and grab his hand.

 

"We're not done yet", Taemin said his face had turned serious.

 

"Now what?", Minho asked obviously not in the mood. But Taemin does though. He couldn't let this chance pass by like this. It was just the two of them alone, plus he wants to figure out the 'mystery' that had bothered him the whole week. It's a perfect opportunity for them to talk things out.

 

"You still haven't tell me about yourself yet"

 

"Taemin", Minho sighed once again.

 

"Minho-hyung~", Taemin copied him with those adorable puppy face.

 

Minho look at Taemin, but of course he couldn't resists the puppy face of the younger boy. He never could.

 

~~~

 

"I'm sorry Minho-hyung", Taemin murmured. Guilt rushed over him as he regretted asking Minho such a question.

 

"I'll you about myself, but in return you have to tell me about yourself" Taemin said before babbling his mouth talking about his own life. How it was so perfect until two years ago that his parents decided to get divorced leaving him with no choice but to agree to it. Then comes the part where his mother decided to tell him about her 'secret' boyfriend and wanted him to meet him and it somehow turn out to be Minho's dad.

 

"So Minho-hyung, what about you?", Taemin tried to change the subject when it's getting to what happened earlier. He doesn't want to go there, not yet at least.

 

"Unlike you, my mom doesn't exists in this world anymore", Minho told the younger boy as he stare up at the sky.

 

Minho chuckled at Taemin's statement. "Doesn't matter anymore Taemin-ah", he said.

 

"Hmmm?", Taemin jerked his head. What does that suppose to mean?

 

"Nothing", Minho brushed it off like he said nothing. "So...", he paused.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Are you agreeing to the whole getting married thing?", Minho hesitated to ask the question, but did it anyway. He wanted to know the boy's opinion on the whole idea. Personally, he thinks that it's stupid and his dad is just trying to find another woman to replace his mom's place. And he doesn't like the idea of that. I mean, his dad couldn't have fallen for another woman besides his mom...right? They were in love, and still are. Until her accident...

 

"...I think so", Taemin replied matter of factly. He might not like the idea of his mom marrying another man, but he isn't against it either. It is her life and her decision after all. He couldn't do anything about it right? If he could, he wouldn't have let his parents divorce and let his dad leave them. "A-Aren't you?", he stammered. Though Taemin thinks that he already knows the answer due to Minho's behavior from earlier.

 

"Maybe", that was an unexpected answer from the older boy.

 

"Maybe?", Taemin repeated surely surprised.

 

"Maybe...", Minho said again to confirm Taemin isn't just hearing things. "You should really head back home now Taemin-ah, it's getting cold", Minho told Taemin  as he stood up brushing dirt of his jeans, as if there were any.

 

Taemin nodded as he started walking when he remember something. "Aren't you coming with me Minho-hyung?"

 

Minho shook his head. "I'm good. I know the way home", Minho said before turning around and begin to walk away. Taemin stare at his back hesitatingly. Should he? Should he ask him? This might be his only chance now before their parents decided to announce something even more crazy.

 

"Minho-hyung!", he called finally make up his mind. He's going ask him. He's going to ask Minho what's been bothering him for days now.

 

Minho stopped in his track hearing Taemin's voice from his back. "Yes?", he turned himself around to face Taemin. The two are about thirty or forty feet away from each other.

 

"C-Can I ask you a question before you go?"

 

"What is it?", Minho hollered back.

 

One second pass. Two seconds. Three seconds. Taemin could hear the clock in his head moving. He took a deep breath and looking straitght at the older boy a few feet away from him.

 

"What are we?", there he said it. Even though it was weak and barely audible for someone standing about thirty feet away from him. He said it, and that's all it matters. He wants to know, he wants the answer from the older boy in front of him. Taemin took another deep breath and said it louder this time. "What exactly are we hyung?", he literally yelled to the other side with all of his gut.

 

 

___________________________
___________________________

 

A/N: Another update! ^_^

Hope you like it.Thanks for reading.

Please comment and subscribe.