Chapter 2

Unforgettable Meetings

 

Chapter 2: What Are We?

 

Taemin widens his eyes in surprise as he stare at his mother's boyfriend's son. If he wasn't dreaming right now, it's definitely Minho, Choi Minho of class 12B, one of the popular jock at school. Taemin couldn't take his eyes off Minho as he entered the house not minding a single glance. Minho definitely doesn't look very happy, grumpy is more of a word for him right now.

 

Taemin watch as Minho's perfect deep, black bangs sweeps perfectly across his face as he look up right at Taemin. He froze as he did so looking shocking no more less than Taemin's.

 

"T-Taemin, what are you doing here?" Minho grumpiness suddenly disappeared, soon replaced with gentleness as he asked the younger boy.

 

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you this? This is my house after all Minho...sunbaenim" Taemin hesitated as he mumbled the last word more to himself. Minho is a a year older than Taemin. Taemin was the one who took notices Minho first when they both were in the same gym class together.

 

Okay, that was a really obvious lie.

 

Now lets face the fact, if you attends Seoul Performance Arts High School  and not knowing who Choi Minho is, then you considered yourself as one of those 'social suicide' students, whose doesn't have friends at all. In other word that those popular jocks use, 'losers'. It doesn't matter if you're in the same class as him or not, knowing who Choi Minho is is just like passing the exam to get into the school. You fail, too bad, so sad.

 

Even though Taemin isn't any better than those few students. He knows exactly who Choi Minho is.

 

 Choi Minho of class 12B, the athlete of his school, the soccer star captain with girls swooning over him. Eighteen years old, loves sports, live with two parents and an older brother, Choi Minseok.

 

Okay, so now Taemin made himself sounds like a stalker. Truth is, he is in fact a stalker. But...well...he couldn't help it. Choi Minho, was his crush after all. Notice the word 'was'. Choi Minho was Lee Taemin's crush. Right now, he isn't sure what their relationship is anymore.

 

Are they strangers, classmates, friends...or something else? Well, that's still remains as a mystery. A mystery that Taemin couldn't figure out for the past week.

 

What exactly are they?

 

Now if we want to know what exactly happened between the two. We have to go back to the last Monday morning when the two were having gym together.

 

 

"Choi Minho and Lee Taemin, you two go put away the basketballs, then change" Coach Lee handed them the heaps of basketball inside the netted bags.

 

"Yes, sir" Minho replied as the two headed towards the supply room.

 

Even though Taemin didn't say a word. He swear to himself that Minho could hear his heart beating like crazy from the inside. It was quiet and none of them know what to talk about. They are two totally different person with zero things in common. How are they going to start a conversation really?

 

This is going to be awkward~ Taemin bite his lower lips getting even more nervous.

 

"So, you're Taemin right?" Minho had decided to break the ice between them, and Taemin was grateful for that. B-But from the inside he was going insanely crazy. He couldn't believe Minho, the Choi Minho, the soccer star of their school is actually talking to him.

 

"Y-Yeah" he stammered as he mentally cussed himself. Now he just made a fool of himself in front of Minho. His ultimate boy crush!

 

"Do you by any chance know who I am" Minho asked glancing at the younger boy.

 

Taemin wanted to laugh at the question really. Of course he knows who Choi Minho is. "Minho, of course I know who you are" Taemin simply replied.

 

"You do?" the older boy asked again surprised.

 

"Minho, you got to be kidding right? Everyone know who you are, stop playing dumb" Taemin shook his head.

 

"Oh"

 

There was a silence between them. Neither of them know what to say next.

 

"T-Then...by any chance...do you know who I am?" Taemin was the one to asked the question this time.

 

Minho then stopped in his track causing the younger boy to stop also as he look up at the taller boy with much of curiosity in his eyes. His heart skip a beat as his gaze meet a pair of huge, huge, deep, chocolate brown eyes. They were mesmerizing, and that was one of the thing he loves most about Minho. His eyes are like a drug that Taemin could not get enough of.

 

"I do," just a simple, two worded answer got Taemin's heart to race once again.

 

 

The two boys put down the netted bags and headed to the locker room to change out of their gym clothes. "So Taemin, you're free today after school?" Minho asked as he took of his full of sweats shirt.

 

"Yeah, why?" the younger replied as he couldn't help but to stare at Minho's bare stomach. Or should he said Minho's absolutely gorgeous abs?

 

"You want to hang out after school today? We can go to this ice cream shop a few block from here"

 

Taemin look at Minho surprised at his offer. D-Did Choi Minho, a.k.a his ultimate crush just asked him to go on a date hang out with him? "Sure," Taemin replied as he could feel the knot in his stomach tightened.

 

 

Their date hang out soon turned into an everyday thing. Taemin would come to the soccer field and wait for Minho to finish his soccer practice every afternoon. The two of them would go to their usual hang out place, the ice cream shop, sometimes the park, or even each others' house. Their 'friendly' relationship is getting better and better everyday.

 

That is until one day. Minho is walking Taemin back to his house. They were at the front gate and Minho suddenly lean in and gave Taemin a quick peck on his forehead. "Bye Taeminie," Minho had said before he turned around and walk away leaving a dumbfound Taemin standing by himself in his 'la-la-land'.

 

That was when Taemin couldn't figure out what they were anymore. I mean, they were friends. But friends don't kiss each other...do they?

 

__________________________________
__________________________________

 

A/N: Chapter 2 updated! ;) I hope it's not too bad.

Please subscribe and comment, I would love those. Thanks for reading! ^^