Chapter 3

Unforgettable Meetings

 

Chapter 3: Time

 

 

Taemin's fingers unconsciously keep on playing with the tip of his shirt as he eyes seems to be having a brain of it's own taking secret glances at Minho who's who's sitting on the sofa across of his.

 

"Meet Jonathan and his son Minho, Taemin" his mom introduced the three of them, smiling brightly.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, je ireumeun Taemin imnida" Taemin greeted them politely bowing his head.

 

"Nice to meet you too Taemin, I'm Jonathan, but you can just call me Uncle John" his mother's boyfriend smiled in approval.

 

"Ne" Taemin replied.

 

Then it was quiet when it comes to Minho. Uncle John nudged Minho lightly noticing the awkward atmosphere around them. "Minho imnida" Minho mumbled.

 

"Well, that's it with the politeness. Shall we head into the kitchen for dinner?" Ms. Kang let out a nervous laugh.

[A/N: Taemin takes his dad's last name, but since his mom is divorced with his dad, she's no longer Mrs. Lee]

 

 

"So Minho, tell me about yourself" his mother decided to break the ice between them, as she took a bite of her home-made steak.

 

Minho cleared his throat. "Well, I go to school, play sports, hang out with friends, why?" he replied not minding a single glance at the kind woman.

 

Taemin look up surprise at Minho's sudden changed of attitude. Since when...did Minho turn so...cold? The Minho that Taemin know isn't like this. His voice was deep and warm, the kind of voice that could melt you from just a single word.

 

"Minho" Uncle John gave him a warning look before sending Ms. Kang an apologize smile.

 

"Its alright John, just give him some more time" she smiled sweetly at him.

 

"I don't need anymore time!" Minho suddenly slammed his hands on the table making everyone to jump.

 

"Minho! Watch your manners" Uncle John stood up giving Minho a warning glare. "Sit down" he said sternly, more of like a demand.

 

"And why would I?" he scoffed.

 

"Choi Minho!" Uncle John raised his voice.

 

"Look here dad. I agree to come to this stupid dinner is because you forced me to. I didn't even agree to it in the first place, and now you want me to accept that you're going to get married to this woman?" he yelled pointing at Ms. Kang, shooting hatred glares.

 

Taemin was offend.  How dare Minho called his mother 'this woman' ? His mother isn't just 'this woman', she is a woman that Taemin dearly love and adore. But he stayed silence as he watch. 

 

Before anyone could react, Uncle John's hand came in contact with his son's right cheek leaving red marks of his fingers from behind. Minho's face turned at the sudden contact.

 

"That's it, I'm out of here!" Minho stormed out of the room leaving the stunned Taemin and his mother sitting at their seat, frozen.  

 

But in the middle of the midst, Taemin was able to snapped himself back into reality. He stood up and rushed out of the room.

 

"Where are you going Taemin-ah?!" he heard his mother called from behind.

 

"I'll be right back umma!" he yelled back slamming the door closed as he breath in Seoul's freezing January air.

 

 

____________________________
____________________________

 

A/N: And there you have it, another update. Sorry, it's short. But hopefully the next one will be longer.

Thank you so much for the new subbies. Please do comment also ^_^

Will be working on the next update soon. Thanks for reading!