01.

Sincerely, Me.

 

 

When I’m in my room, I sigh and drop everything in my arms and on my shoulders. It feels comforting to be in a familiar place. Not that the rest of my house isn’t familiar, but my room holds many memories that I don’t wish to erase from my mind.

I walk into my shower and relax under the hot water and steam, relishing in its warmth. I let the water wash away my stress and aches before I prepare myself for a good night’s rest.

As I sit on my bed and dry my hair, I can’t help but go through the motions of the day and wonder how you’re going.

Are you eating well?

Does your stomach still hurt?

Do you sleep well at night?

Are you pushing yourself too hard?

Do you even miss me at all?

Somehow I can’t help myself when I open the laptop and turn it on, watching aimlessly as my fingers press open an internet browser. Before I know it, I’m on your personal Weibo, rereading the entries that you’d painstakingly write for me despite the fatigue you would be battling.

The tears come softly and quietly. It’s not something I don’t welcome anymore. I’ve learnt to live with the fact that no matter how hard I try, the tears will come with the memories of you. It’s sort of like a 2-in-1 package deal, isn’t it?

Just like the time you bought that spicy ramen noodle packet just so I could get the plush toy with it. I know you can’t handle spicy foods well, and yet you insisted on buying it so you could see me smile that day.

I don’t know why you do this to me. I try so hard to push you out, but I just can’t seem to make myself do it. Part of my heart wants you to stay there forever, but my rationalism takes over and makes me delve into something else to get my mind off you.

I know that it will take time and that maybe one day I might see you again, but til then…

Remember what I told you? You’ll thank me one day for leaving you.

I will never forget you. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: 372

Please comment! And don't be too harsh on your words, thank you. I'm not trying to gain popularity or anything like that. I'd just like some constructive criticism on the way I structure my stories. Thank you very much for your time.