Just Like Him

My Long Realized Love

 

Two pairs of eyes stared at you as you picked up your drink. Drinking a little bit, they both narrowed their eyes as you avoided them.

“Spill girl.” Chae-rin said as she continued to stare at you with unblinking eyes. Sandara was doing the same, taking occasional sips from her own drink. You three, along with TOP, G-dragon, and Seungri were here. Clubbing was something you six did once in a while when you all felt like you haven’t seen each other in a long time. Clubbing wasn’t your thing, but you did go for them.

Taking a huge gulp, you tried to change the subject. “Look at him go!” You pointed to the huge mob of girls on the dance floor. In the middle of that mob was none other than TOP himself.

The girls turned to look at the direction you were pointing at and shook their heads. “Typical TOP.”

“Nothing new.”

They both said at the same time. You just shrugged your shoulders at their answers. You knew their response was going to be that, but having their eyes away from you for a second or so was comforting.

“Stop trying to change the subject. Tell us all about Taeyang.” Sandara said with a little pout. She was a bit annoyed that it had taken you about a month before mentioning his name.

“Tell us everything. Every miniscule detail, we wanna know.” Chae-rin added. Once again being put in the overbearing stares of your best friends, you gave up resistance and decided to do what they asked.

“Taeyang is my friend that I meet at work. He’s new.” They both were on the edge of their seats, waiting for you to continue and tell them what they want to hear.

When you went back to drinking and staring around the club, they groaned in frustration at your hesitation to tell them exactly what they wanted to know.

“You have got to be kidding me Park Ji eun! There has got to be more than that.”

Sandara nodded in agreement and tossed a look at the TOP. Rolling her eyes at what she saw, she turned back and stared at you. “With the mere mention of his name, TOP blows his casket and gets so angry. He doesn’t get like that unless there is something between Taeyang and you.”

“He’s always gets mad when I have new guy friends.” You pointed out dryly. Sandara and Chae-rin looked at you with a thoughtful look on their faces.

“That is true.” They admitted. They had seen first had how he had reacted when you introduced TOP to your now ex-boyfriend.

“But that doesn’t change the fact that there is something going on between you and Taeyang. From what we were able to squeeze out of TOP, you and Taeyang have been hanging out a lot lately.”

“Yeah, did you hear what he said. ‘That damn guy is stuck on her like ing gum.’” They both cracked up at Sandara’s impression of TOP. Shaking your head at the crackling girls, you waited for them to regain their breath.

“Come on. We are best friends Ji eun. You can’t hide something like this from us.” Chae-rin said, slightly pouting.

“And the least you can do is tell us how he looks.” Sandara added.

Pulling out your cellphone from your purse, it took you only a few seconds before you were able to pull out a picture of Taeyang. Showing the picture to the girls, you couldn’t help but burst out in laughter at their expressions.

Their eyes were wide in shock and their mouths were hanging open.

“WOW.”

“You can say that again.”

“WOW.” Sandara continued to stare at the picture of the handsome guy. He definitely was one of the best looking guys she had seen. *Well my G-dragon of course is better looking.* She thought as she handed the phone back to you.

“You didn’t tell us he was that handsome! What the heck!” Chae-rin was still stunned with how good looking Taeyang was. *No wonder TOP dislikes him so much.* She though with a chuckle.

“Why isn’t he your boyfriend already?” Sandara asked in confusion.

“Aish, you two. Why don’t you date him then?” Standing up to grab another drink, the girls followed you as soon as you did. Before you got any further, both of them pulled you to a secluded corner, intent on finding out everything between you and Taeyang.

“Okay. No one else is around. Now you have to tell us.” Looking at the serious faces of you friends, you sunk down to one of the chairs, them following suit. And you proceeded to tell them everything about Taeyang. How perfect he was in everything. How kind and caring and y he was. You told them everything. And you also told them how you two were just friends. That Taeyang and you could only be friends.

That caused both of them to frown immediately and immediately look at you with piercing looks.

“Why? Why do you think you two can only be friends?”

“And damn it Ji eun it better be a great reason or I may just slap you.” Chae-rin was almost hesitant to hear your answer. She knew you and she could already tell what your reason was without having to hear it coming from you.

Looking at the slightly angry looks coming from them, you sighed dejectedly and said your darkest insecurities.

“Look at me. Look at me closely and tell me objectively what you see.” Narrowing her eyes, Sandara slammed her hands around your chair.

“I see an extremely beautiful woman that deserves happiness.”

“I see a woman who can light up a room with just a smile, a woman who puts everyone before her, a woman who has a heart of gold, a beautiful heart and a gorgeous face to go along with it.” Added Chae-rin as her glare turned full blown. She never understood why you couldn’t she how beautiful and desirable you are. You didn’t see how much men wanted you and you would find a problem on every part of your body. She just didn’t understand it one bit.

“Stop it you two. You are only saying that because you both love me.” Rolling their eyes in anger, they were severely close to blowing up and dragging your up to be put in front of a mirror so that you could see yourself correctly.

“Let’s just stop this alright? Taeyang would never think of me like that. We are in a completely deferent league. Men like him don’t just fall in love with women like me, you know?” And with that, you stood up.

But you were immediately stopped by what Chae-rin said. “Is it because of TOP? Even through all these years, is that still bothering you?” Sandara looked at Chae-rin with horror. That event was never supposed to be mentioned at all.

“Stop it Chae-rin! That’s a bit too far!” Sandara hissed angrily. No matter how frustrated you made them, it was an unspoken rule that that event was never to be mentioned.

“NO! This needs to be in the open or else she will keep holding herself back from a perfect man!”

Looking at the two with a poker face, you tried bottling up your rising emotions from the memories of that horrible day. “I am over that. The things I do have nothing to do with that.” You said with an emotionless voice.

“Bull . That event has been the reason for many of your terrible decisions. Going out with Chang-su, rejecting decent men, that day with Jason. All those terrible decisions were all because of TOP.”

“Those were purely my decision, my mistake. TOP was NEVER the driving force for any of that.” You almost bit out. You were angry. Chae-rin is supposed to be one of your best friends and you couldn’t understand why she was bringing this up.

“ that Ji-eun!” She screamed. The caused a few heads to turn your way. Sandara worriedly bit her lips, afraid of the commotion you two were causing. So to prevent any more disturbances, she pulled both of you out of the club and into the cool night air.

Glaring angrily at Ji eun, you were about to give her a piece of your mind when she continued with her own rant.

“How the hell do you let a decision a guy make dictate you? How can something he said ruin your own view on yourself? Ji eun, just because TOP rejected you when you said you loved him, it doesn’t mean that you have to settle for someone who you know can’t break your heart! You’re just running away from a possible relationship from Taeyang because you already know that you feel something for him and you are damn scared that Taeyang will break your heart like TOP did!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woah! did you guys see that coming? Anyway comment down below and tell me what you thought of this chapter!