Chapter 5

The Second Level

~Changmin~

 We were still at Kyuhyun's place, staying quiet for a while. I didn't know what had just happened but I didn't feel okay about it. I kinda liked that feeling and as wrong as it felt, I wanted more.

 She walked to Kyuhyun's play room. Even though I didn't know if it was a sign to make me leave, I followed her quietly. She casually sat on the sofa, grabbed the remote control and started playing. I didn't even know how late it was but there I sat, watching that mysterious girl playing a video game. I guessed she really didn't care about my existence there.

 "Do you like Starcraft?" she suddenly asked with an even, impassive tone.

 "Well, I sometimes play it with Hyunnie since it's his favorite game. But I'm not good at it or anything." I wondered why I was looking down. Neither did I know why I felt like the underdog in that situation, looking down embarrassedly next to her.

 "Take this", she said and gave me the second remote without moving her gaze from the screen.

I felt dumbfounded but took the remote and started playing with her. I. . So. Bad. Either of us didn't say a word, she was just playing there casually like a boss while I was trying to save myself from more embarrasment.

 "You and Hyunnie should definitely have a battle, it would be truly interesting", I said with a nervous smirk.

Too many awkward moments within one night... Somehow I still had a certain feeling that we had the spark between us. What if she was the one for me? How would the media react and not to mention - what would my best friend say? My mind was running wild with these thoughts.

 "You aren't focusing on the game at all, aren't you", she said, still watching the screen.

My best friend. Yes, Kyuhyun. I had to meet him soon and tell it to him straight. Ask him what to do. As he had always given me good advice so far.

 The girl turned her gaze off the screen, even put the game on pause and looked at me in the eyes.

 "Hey, you aren't focusing on me either. Are you okay?"

 When she had asked that, I automatically started thinking of all the things that made me feel not okay. I remembered Tohoshinki's upcoming Japan tour on the next Monday, the lines I didn't remember yet, this thing, the situation of my mother and how much I missed Yoochun, Junsu and Jaejoong hyungs... The last one was too much. I shed a tear.

 "I was going to tell this to Kyuhyun when I would had received enough courage but since I feel like you're trustworthy and I can't keep this to myself anymore, I'll tell it to you."

She looked interested, rested her head in her hands and switched off the whole game.

 "You know, Kyu is so important to me. I can't even put it into words. I only want the best for him. If there is something I could do for him..."

She slightly moved her gaze away, I could see her eyes getting moist.

 "See... I've been depressed about this lately. I- I... I miss JYJ hyungs so much-"

I immediately started crying after mentioning their names out loud.

 "Oppa. I totally understand what you've been going through - and you're still going. But look at me, believe me, you will meet them again. I'm sure that they're missing you as well."

Then she hugged me tightly. I let my tears flow on her body. Her words had a strange power, like she had really meant every word she had said.

 "By the way, just call me Max", I whispered while hugging her. We let go, she smiled and looked at me:

 "You can call me Jieun." What a beautiful name, I thought immediately.

 "Um, Max, I can hear your stomach rumbling", she said.

Once again, I felt a little embarrassed. I sure was hungry since I had expected that our meeting would had been a dinner. But it was something different, something better.

 Before I left, she walked right in front of me, came a little closer so I could feel her breathing on my skin and left a gentle love bite on my neck.

 "Not many girls can do this to you", she said quietly and smirked. It was true, I was the tallest in the whole SM entertainment and I could had sworn that she wasn't more than 10 centimetres shorter than me.

 Even after leaving the house I was smiling for the whole ride home. It felt great having a crush so real after a long time.

 

---------------------------------

~Author's note: What will happen on their second date, will Changmin find out the truth - and how? You'll find out soon! And once again, thank you new subscribers! ^___^ You really are the best!