Chapter 1

The Second Level

~Changmin~

 "One, two, three, CHEERS!"

 "How about a few more drinks?", Minho asked. He didn't sound drunk at all yet, but I was always worrying about my friends. Later he had to drive home anyway.

 "Okay, three more!", I shouted. It was our long-awaited night after all. I saw Kyuhyun smiling to me thankfully. I guess he had just read my mind or something...

 We had always been best friends. I sometimes wondered how could you find a person so similar to you - and the most of all - from so close to you? First we were kids who were just the same age and under the same entertainment. Some people call us "evil" or "sharp tongued" but deep inside, we have both kind hearts. And the greatest sense of humor (which everyone doesn't always understand...)

 If I knew myself at all, I've always been a loyal friend and I want to protect the people close to me until whenever. If Kyu called me in the midnight, I'd answer. If he just wanted to hear my voice, I'd say yes, no matter what. He is so important to me and I'm glad we met years ago. Our friendsip hadn't rusted a bit.

 It was a rainy night. Tonight our beloved Minho had joined us as well. The hardest working days were over and obviously we needed to gather up and celebrate. Enjoy the little free time we had... Minho was also such a warm-hearted and social person if you got to know him. Although he seemed to be pretty good friends with everyone.

 "Geez, I needed this more than I thought. You're the best, guys", he said.

 "HA HA HA, we know, we know. We're too awesome, bro", Kyuhyun said with a dizzy tone. He didn't usually get drunk this easily so maybe he was just being silly.

 "You know, we're already preparing SHINee's upcoming comeback which is on October..."

 "Whaaat? I thought you just had one!", I gasped.

 "Yeah, but you know, this entertainment... Keeping us too busy."

 "Aah yeah..." We all looked down looking very understanding, watching the super expensive-looking dark wood of Kyuhyun's bar table. He sure had a good taste, I thought to myself.

 We'd been babbling and drinking for hours and it was getting late. Minho had still promised Taemin to come sleep with him, even if he had to drive in the pouring rain.

 "It was great talking with you guys again, until the next time!" he said, gave us both a friendly, brotherly hug and headed to his car parked right next to Kyu's door.

~Kyuhyun~

 Now there were just me and Max, sitting on my high bar chairs, watching ourselves in the silence. The silence didn't bother me, it was more like "nothing needs to be said" -silence, reflecting the strong bond and trust between us. Only the rain was pouring outside. We weren't drinking anymore.

 Changmin was looking at the paintings on the walls. He lifted his chin and turned his head to the right which showed his gorgeous jawline. His full lips were half open. He looked so kissable at that moment... Wait, stop, what was I thinking? Were I just so drunk or why did I start thinking like this... I'd obviously always liked girls and I had always been conscious about it. Max was my best friend. I automatically shaked my head to wake up.

 "Kyuhyun, what's wrong?"

 "Aishh, Changmin-ah... Nothing, I- I just think that I'm not feeling very well tonight."

 "Oh, you might need some sleep then, it's late already~ I'm sorry for bothering you for this long, I didn't know! Maybe I should let you get some rest."

 Actually I wasn't lying, I sure wasn't feeling well. But I wasn't sleepy. Maybe it was just this alcohol which made me think so weirdly. Strange, I didn't usually have this low drinking level...

 Max was just leaving when the door suddenly opened. I gasped. Someone walked in.

 "Kyuhyun-hyung~ It's Minho, I think I forgot my jacket... Oh, here it is! Sorry for the sudden visit, sleep well!"

 "Minho! You moron, you scared me!" I heard Changmin yelling from the hall.

 They had both left. I wasn't sure if I even wanted it to be honest. Sigh, now it was just me and the rain. I didn't feel like sleeping because I couldn't had slept anyway. I didn't feel like doing anything special either so I casually went to play Starcraft II since I hadn't made it to the next level yet. I guessed that the fictional world would've made me forget my own, confused feelings for a while, but it didn't.

 As the best inspirations always come in the midnight, I got the best idea. Okay, as much as I tried to deny  that I had feelings for my best friend, I couldn't pass the fact. I had a real crush on him. And even worse, I wanted him. And the more I thought about it, the more sure was that this wasn't the very first time. I had been blanking out my feelings for so long... But the problem was that even though Changmin and I had a really close friendship, he was straight as heck.

 Yes, my crazy idea. For the next day, I wouldn't be Cho Kyuhyun. Many people had praised how good I looked as a girl on SNL Korea and I still had the costume so why wouldn't I try it again. (I sure looked pretty good to be honest.) The sister card wouldn't work on him, so I'd just say that I was Kyuhyun's relative. So the next day I would be Cho Jieun. I knew it was extreme but I was serious. It's a free night, what could I lose. Life needs a little bit of excitement. And I've always fought to get what I've wanted. If these feelings weren't mine, then why to even act like me? Drunk or not, but my pulse was high already. Tomorrow.

 

----------

~~Author's note: Well, what do you think? ^ ^ I can already say that it will get more and more awkward, chapter by chapter, keke. I can also reveal that there will be uncomfortable, exciting "The Birdcage" -like moments coming up... I have so many ideas in my mind right now. You'll see! And no, I haven't forgotten Sungmin ;)