Chapter 9 - Confusion

Head Over Heels

 

Weeks passed.

 

-

 

Sooyoung can feel that Kyuhyun has changed his attitude towards her, just her. She always catches him looking at her whenever she is doing something or talking with another person. He may still be the cold Kyuhyun like before but he treats her better now.

 

Sooyoung remembered one the incident in their cafeteria few days ago…

 

“Yah! Sunny! Hurry up, there is one table available! Faster!” Sooyoung said, keeping her eyes on the vacant seat at the far end of the cafeteria.

 

“Wait! Hold this tray so that I can move faster!” Sunny said, giving the tray, containing two bottles of mango juice, two slices of pizza and two slices of chocolate cake, to Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung still keeps an eye on the vacant table, does not care if she will bump into someone.

 

“Yah! Look to your sides, you might just bump someone!” Sunny exclaimed, worried that their food will fall.

 

“Shut up, Sun--“ Sooyoung did not finish what she is about to say when she bumped into someone making the two bottles of fell in the floor and the slices of pizza and chocolate almost fall out of the tray.

 

“Stupid… See? I told you! Aish…” Sunny said, as she searched for the two bottles.

 

Sooyoung’s mouth opened as she saw the person she bumped into. “Kyuhyun?” she asked with an apologetic expression. “Sorry,” she said.

 

She heard no reply. She saw him bent down, as if picking something from the floor.

 

Kyuhyun handed two bottles to Sooyoung, their mango juice. “Yah. Be careful next time. What if you actually bumped into the bullies of the school?” Kyuhyun said then continued to walk towards the counter.

 

Sooyoung could not utter a word. She giggled.

 

“I smell something fishy…” Sunny teased.

-

Kyuhyun reminisced what happened for the past weeks. He realized that he has been so carefree making Sooyoung sees his other side – his soft side.

As far as he know, he was supposed to confront Sooyoung before about that phone call. He was supposed to be angry to her for calling that time. "But... what happened to me?!" he asked. 

 

“Aish…” he complained, still confused why he is acting that way. “Why can she make me act that way?” Kyuhyun continued, talking to himself. He unconsciously smiles whenever he remembered Sooyoung’s actions nowadays.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun, what’s wrong with you?!” he asked himself, as if a crazy person.

 

He opened his laptop and browsed the net. He searched for Sooyoung’s profile in different social networking sites. He looks at her photo albums.

 

“She is just so pretty,” he said, admiring every photo of Sooyoung. He saved every photo on his computer. He enjoyed looking at her pictures.

He looked for her 'About'/'Bio'/'Description sections. He read it. She used the the same thing in all her social networking sites' profile.

"I am Choi Sooyoung, a bubbly high school student. I love food. And I love Cho Kyuhyun."

He smiled upon reading his name. "This girl never fails to mention that..." he smiled, remembering the times when Sooyoung always says that.

He continued browsing her pictures. He smiles whenever Sooyoung poses crazily.

"Sooyoung loves to pose with food, isn't she?" he asked, noticing that most of her pictures are taken while she is eating. "Or she just eats that much? Aish... I forgot, she also loves food!" he smiled, realizing that the girl has said that she loves food in her 'About' section.

He saw sa picture of Sooyoung on a swing, smiling, while she eats an ice cream. "Cute," he said, admiring the said picture.

"I like her," he paused, realizing what he just said. "Like her?" he said, confused.

 

His phone rang – his mother is calling.

 

 “It has been years since the last time she called,” Kyuhyun thought.

 

 “Hello?” he answered, his voice almost emotionless.

 

“Oh, Kyuhyun, how are you?” his mother asked, seemed like excited to talk to him.

 

“Fine,” he answered, making her feel that he does not want to talk to her.

 

“Is that Kyuhyun?” someone said on the other line.

 

“Maybe it is her new husband?” he thought, remembering what happened in the supermarket years ago.

 

“Oh, that’s good to hear. So how is your schooling?” his mother asked.

 

“Good. I’m gonna hang up now, omma, I still have something to do. Bye,” Kyuhyun pressed the end button of his phone, without waiting for his mother’s response.

 

“Aaaaarggggggh!” he shouted, releasing his anger.

 

His phone rang again.

 

Calling…

Choi Sooyoung

 

“I should not be nice to you, Sooyoung. I do not want to fall in love with you because I do not want to end up like appa,” he said, his voice, full of regret.

 

He pressed the end button.

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

“Why did he hang up?” Sooyoung thought. “Oh well, maybe he is just busy…” Sooyoung continued, thinking if he is really busy or he just does not want to talk to her.

 

“I’ll just talk to him in the class tomorrow,” she decided. She is supposed to ask him why all of a sudden, he became nice to her.

 

A/N: Sorry for this boring and short chapter, and for this very late update. :| So busy studying. :| I will try my best to update as soon as possible. :) Thank you for reading! :) Comments and suggestions are really appreciated. :) THANK YOU! :D

anyway, i am having problems again with the next chapter! :|