Chapter 10 - What? [February 4, 2011]

Head Over Heels

 

Sooyoung called Sunny.

 

“Sooyoung?” Sooyoung her Sunny answered.

 

“Hey, Sunny! I am confused. I do not know if Kyuhyun likes me or what. You know, he is really nice to me nowadays. I mean, compared to his attitude towards me before,” Sooyoung said.

 

She heard Sunny laugh. “Yah! I think he likes you, but you should not draw into conclusions. I mean, he does not say anything,”

 

“Yeah, right. Anyway, remember my party for next week? I am going to invite him,”

 

“That’s good. Anyway, can you also invite Sungmin?” Sunny giggled.

 

Sooyoung laughed. She knew that Sunny would ask that. “Of course!”

 

“Thank you, Sooyougie,” Sunny laughed.

 

“Okay, good night, Sunny! See you tomorrow!” Sooyoung ended the call as soon as she heard Sunny said good night.

 

Sooyoung went to school earlier than usual. In her hand is an invi5tation, she would invite Kyuhyun on her birthday next week. She is very positive that he would come.

 

She  scanned the room, searching for him. There, she saw him, reading a book. As she was about 3 feet away from him, she saw his expression, as if telling her that she should not talk to him, that she is not supposed to talk to him, that she is supposed to leave him alone.

 

There, she walked backwards towards the door. She just stood there, thinking.

 

“Is he angry?” she thought, she walked slowly, as if deciding whether she is going to seat in front of him or she should seat there later. “Am I in the wrong timing? Or is there something wrong?”

 

“Sooyoungie!” Sunny patted Sooyoung’s back. Sooyoung immediately put her invitation inside her skirt’s pocket.

 

“Oh! Sunny! You are early today, are you sick or what?” Sooyoung asked as soon as she faced Sunny, making herself look as if she is not bothered a while ago.

 

“Shut up. I am early because I still need to talk to Sungmin about an important matter,” Sunny grinned.

 

“Oh! Good for you then! Wait, can you put my bag in my table? I still need to go to the library, you know, the student assistant thing-y! Thanks! Bye!” Sooyoung handed her bag to Sunny, the ran towards the library.

 

“Yah! Why all of a sudden?!” Sunny complained. “Something is wrong, hmm,”

 

--

 

Kyuhyun knew that Sooyoung was already in the front of the door, yet he is determined not to greet her like what he did before. After all, he should stop treating her nice or else he might just end up being hurt, like his father.

 

His eyes were locked on his book. He is waiting for Sooyoung to go in her table in front of his table and greet him.

 

He saw her stop, as if confused. He heard Sunny came. He heard their conversation.

 

“Why am I expecting her to greet me anyway? I should not be bothered,” Kyuhyun told himself and just continued to focus his attention of what he is reading.

 

--

 

Sooyoung arrived at the library. She wasn’t supposed to go there that morning, but seeing Kyuhyun’s angry expression, she knew that she should back out.

 

She greeted the librarian. She started checking the returned books.

 

“Why does it feels like he is angry because of me? Why does it feel like I did something wrong? What did I do?” Sooyoung was really bothered.

 

Kyuhyun was really nice towards to her for weeks now and it really made her happy. But his expression she saw a while ago made really bothered her.

 

“And I thought he likes me,” Sooyoung pouted.

 

“I am just hallucinating. As far as I could remember, I did not do anything wrong,” she said confidently. “I’ll just ask him later after class,” she smiled, still hopeful.

 

--

 

Sooyoung could not move even an inch. She somewhat felt awkward the moment she sat on her seat. Kyuhyun is behind her, and he is still not greeting her nor making any kind of communication to her.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” she sighed.

 

--

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes are focused on the blackboard, yet he could still see Sooyoung in his peripheral vision.

 

“I am the one who chose this seat after all,” Kyuhyun reminded himself.

 

He heard Sooyoung sighed.

 

“We should just stay like this Sooyoung, or I might end up being hurt,” Kyuhyun thought. He is really determined to shove off Sooyoung.

 

--

 

The bell rang.

 

“Okay, we’ll just continue this next meeting,” Mr Park said.

 

Sooyoung stood as soon as she saw Mr Park leave the room. She faced Kyuhyun.

 

“Hello, Kyuhyun! Are you free next week? It is my birthday, and I am having a party, so I am inviting you,” Sooyoung handed the invitation card.

 

“No, do not talk to me again. And please, stay away from me,” Kyuhyun said then went out of the classroom.