Chapter 6 - Changing Moods

Head Over Heels

 

A/N: Sorry for this late update AGAIN. :)

Anyway, This is a double update. :)

 

KYUHYUN’s POV

“He-Hello?” I heard her voice. I paused for a moment.

“Her voice is familiar I am sure I have heard it before” I thought, as I tried to remember that kind of voice.

I sighed, as I finally knew who the caller is.

“CHOI SOOYOUNG!” I exclaimed on the phone.

 

SOOYOUNG’s POV

“Oh my… Did he recognize my voice?” I secretly wished that he would not recognize me.

I heard him sigh, “Oh my, oh my, oh my… please, you do not recognize my voice, oh my…”

He did not say anything. Two minutes have passed; still, he is saying nothing.

I checked my phone, and then BOOM, the battery of my phone is empty.

“Aish! This makes the whole thing complicated!” I am nervous and confused. I decided not to charge my phone. I’ll just charge it tomorrow. “Aish, maybe I should change my number?” I am really going nuts now.

“How can I face him at school tomorrow?” I do not know where my brave self go, but after that phone call, I really cannot face him anymore, so embarrassing.

KYUHYUN’s POV

I exclaimed her name. I am 101% sure that that was her, that annoying girl Sooyoung.

*toooot… *toooot... *toooot…

I sighed, “Yah! What the? Why did she hang up?”

I re-dialled her number. The subscriber you are calling is currently not available; please try your call later. I heard the operator said. “Why did she turn off her phone? Yah! That girl is really something…” I am frustrated now.

“Where did she get my number? Why did she call me?” so many questions are boggling my mind.

“Why am I that so interested in knowing? I will just ask her tomorrow,” I sighed, as I realized that I should not mind it.

But then, I kept on thinking about it. “Aish, I should just continue playing my Starcraft now.”

 

AUTHOR’s POV

The next day, Sooyoung went early to school; after all, she is the new assistant librarian.

“Will Kyuhyun confront me?” she asked herself, as she checked the list of yesterday’s borrowed books.

She heard the bell rang, reminding her that it was time to go to her first class.

“Should I ditch my classes? Should I just stay here in the library for the whole day?” she shook her head, feeling so nervous with just thinking that she will see Kyuhyun. “Aish, I should be happy that I will see him, but why am I feeling so nervous?” she asked, her voice loud enough to make the librarian warn her.

“I am reminding you Ms Choi, this is a library.” The librarian said.

“Sorry Ma’am. By the way, I am going to my first class now, I will be back after my last class.” she immediately went out of the library as soon as the librarian nodded.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kyuhyun woke up late that day. He usually goes to school earlier than the other students do because wants to have some time to read their previous lessons, without anyone disturbing him.

“Aish… I should not think about that call anymore…” he blamed himself for thinking why Sooyoung called last night and then turned off her phone, without him knowing why she called, and why the hell is he that interested in knowing why.

“Why is it that I am not annoyed to her when she called?” he shook his head, forgetting what he just said. “I should be annoyed. I am annoyed. She is annoying,” he commanded himself.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kyuhyun went inside their room, his eyes, secretly looking at Sooyoung’s chair.

“Where is she?” he wondered, as he tried to scan the room. He knows that Sooyoung always enters their classroom, 30 minutes before their class start, and it is just 5 minutes before their first class begin.

He settled on his seat, thinking why she is still not there. “I’ll just talk to her later,” he thought.

The bell rang, yet Sooyoung is still not there.

Kyuhyun searched for Sunny in the room, hoping that he will notice something with Sunny that would give him a hint about Sooyoung’s absence.

There, he found Sunny, smiling -- seems more like day-dreaming, while staring at Sungmin, who is not aware that the said girl is staring at him. “Maybe, she just woke up late?” Kyuhyun said to himself, unaware of his sudden concern to Sooyoung.

The Math teacher has arrived; still, Sooyoung’s seat is empty.

“I’ll check the attendance first,” Mr Park announced. He then started to roll call for the name of the students, in alphabetical order.

Six students were already called, “Number seven, Cho Kyuhyun?” Mr Park asked.

“Present” Kyuhyun answered.

“Okay, eight, Choi Sooyoung?” Mr Parked asked.

All were surprised by the sudden opening of their classroom’s door.

“Present!” Sooyoung announced, while breathing so loudly. She then walked towards her seat.

Mr Park chuckled, “I almost marked you as absent.

Sooyoung just smiled, not wanting to say anything. The teacher then continued his roll calling.

Kyuhyun was relieved that Sooyoung made it, he looked at her, only to notice that she is very exhausted. He was thankful that she was seating at the back, he can look at her without her knowing. He does not care if someone will notice him looking at her. “This is not so me,” he chuckled, noticing his sudden change of mood towards Sooyoung.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Aish, thank God I have made it.” Sooyoung thought, as she settled in her seat. “I should have left the library earlier.”

Sooyoung is feeling so weird in her seat, actually, awkward. “Is someone staring at me? Oh my… Is he staring at me? Will he talk to me later? Is he angry?” she asked herself, referring to Kyuhyun.

Sooyoung looked towards he back, eyeing each of her classmates; unfortunately, all of them are listening to their teacher. Her eyes went to Kyuhyun. She saw it, his eyes, his dark brown eyes that can melt every girl’s heart, is intently looking at her.

She immediately shifted her eyes towards their white board. She knew it; Kyuhyun knows that it was her who called him last night.

“He is looking at me, what am I going to do? Is he mad at me? Oh no…” Sooyoung thought, feeling so uncomfortable now. She tried to focus her attention to the lesson, but she can’t.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kyuhyun did not remove his eyes on Sooyoung. He noticed her looked around, eyeing each one of their classmate. Her eyes went to him; still, he did not remove his gaze at her. She then looked away.

“Feeling uncomfortable now, Sooyoung? Are you feeling guilty? Or are you scared that I am going to do something bad to you because of what you did last night?” he chuckled with his thought. He did not know why he is being like that to Sooyoung. “Maybe it is the effect of that phone call?” he shook his head. He then realized that he should be listening to their teacher.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

One and a half hour had passed, Sooyoung still feels uncomfortable. She knew that every now and then, that Kyuhyun is glancing at her.

“I should be happy that Kyuhyun is looking at me, but why am I feeling so uncomfortable? I mean, I just want him to stop what he is doing right now! I cannot concentrate, really” she sighed, thinking why he is acting like that.

The bell rang.

“Class, please do not leave, I still have an announcement to make” Mr Park said, making all the students to return in their respective seats.

“Okay, your adviser, Ms Song, told me to announce to you that you’ll be having a new seating arrangement since today will be the start of the third quarter” he announced.

Almost everybody squealed. “Yes! Yes! Yes! We can have the chance to seat next to Kyuhyun,” a bunch of girls said.

“This is not happening…” Sooyoung complaint, hoping that she will not be seated next to Kyuhyun.

 

Thank you for reading! :)) Please do leave a comment. :)