You'll be mine eventually.

Random Baekhyun oneshot.

 

“I know we’re not together, but no one else is allowed to date you okay?” Baekhyun whispered as he Jieun’s hair, the smile on his face stretching widely as he looked down at the girl beside him. She had been his best friend since forever and she was the reason he looked forward to waking up each day. 
 
Jieun yawned as she moved a little on Baekhyun’s lap, her fringe falling over her face as she turned her body towards him. Baekhyun’s face flushed with colour as he watched her sleep, how much he wanted to touch her face, he had to resist, she wasn’t his, yet.
 
“Jieun, the movie has ended, don’t you want to go home?” He asked as he shook her away, at the same time, turning her body towards the other side.
Jieun mumbled some incoherent things and groaned as she cracked open an eye and looked at Baekhyun. “Carry me back home, I’m too lazy to walk.”
 
Baekhyun’s smile widened as he chuckled, “No way, you’re too heavy.”
 
“What? You ,” she immediately sat up and wacked Baekhyun on the stomach, making him go ‘ouch’.
 
But he couldn’t deny her request, he actually liked giving her a piggy back ride back home. It gave him some sort of happiness and it also was something like looking out for her on the way home. He knew this late at night, there was usually a group of hooligans which roamed around her block and he was worried for her if she went home alone.
 
He unlocked the down and with a soft grunt, carried her on his back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned her face on the his back. Secretly, she enjoyed these late night walks with him. She didn’t know when it started but whenever she saw him, her heart would skip a beat. She was just frightened that if she told him, he would reject her. As much as she knew they were the bestest of friends, she still feared rejection no matter how nicely he would do it.
 
 
Walking down the street, the chilled air made Jieun shiver a little as she tightened the hold on Baekhyun’s neck. Noticing her sudden tensed state, he glanced back and saw her sheepishly smiling at him, “I’m cold.”
 
“Who told you to wear such a thin sweater?” He laughed as he jumped slightly, making her go a little higher on his back.
 
 
“It’s not thin! This weather is just…colder than I expected…” she mumbled the last part but Baekhyun caught it and shook his head at her lost cause. If she was his girlfriend, the one thing he would make her do was wear thicker clothing. One to make sure she was warm and two, so other guys wouldn’t ogle at her body. It was bad enough that the sweater was thin, it made it worse that it was the kind that hugged her curves in the right places. 
 
He was lost in his thoughts as he walked down the street, ignoring comments that some made about how cute they looked. Jieun blushed at the comments but seeing’s Baekhyun’s cold face, she bit her lip and looked down. They were walking pass a wedding shop as even late at night, the light from the store was brightly lit and she stared at the dresses on display. 
 
 
As they walked past the store, Jieun closed her eyes and imagined what her wedding would be like. White, white and more white, of course. White dresses, white hall, white chairs, white carpet, leading up to her husband. And in her mind, as she looked up her husband, he turned around and smiled at her.
 
 
Baekhyun….
 
 
 
Baekhyun?!
 
 
She gasped as her eyes flew open. She was even imagining Baekhyun as her husband now? Her legs unhooked around Baekhyun’s waist as he suddenly jerked backwards at her movement.
 
 
 
“Jieun, what on earth?” He turned around to see her hands cupped her cheeks. “H-hey, you okay?”
 
 
 
“Baekhyun it’s alright I’ll just walk home from here thanks” She said at bullet speed and ran off, making Baekhyun blink in surprise. 
 
 
 
 
“Wha-what?” He frowned as he stared at her figure running down the street, non-stop.
 
 
He didn’t know what had happened, but he had a bad feeling about it.
 
 
 
And he was right, for the next few days, it was like she was purposely ignoring him. Even in the university, she was rush out of class even before he could catch her and once the bell rang for each class, she was gone.
 
 
 
He tried calling her phone, but it was forever busy and she replied his text with short answered and each time he approached the topic of her ignoring him, she wouldn’t reply anymore.
 
 
He sighed as he got home, plopping down on the sofa as he ruffled his hair in frustration. Why was she being like this? Just a few nights ago, all had been well, she had even stayed over for movie night and fell asleep here. He smiled softly as he touched the sofa, remembering how silly she looked as she mumbled in her sleep.
 
Suddenly the feeling of missing her too much had him struggling to breathe. He rose from the sofa and headed towards the door, rushing down the stairs as if his lift depended on it. He didn’t even care that his door was left unlocked. He ran towards her building, which was down four streets.
He rested his palms on his knees as he panted. He had reached her house in record time, and just as he looked up, Jieun unlocked the door, laughing as she walked out.
 
 
“Jie-” his face contorted in pain as he realized behind her, was another man.
 
“Baekhyun?” Her eyes widen as she stared at the person infront of her. 
 
“Who’s that?” The man behind her inquired as he stared at Baekhyun. Baekhyun gulped under the man’s gaze.
 
“Uhm, that’s Baekhyun. My…bestfriend.” She whispered the last word and Baekhyun’s heart tightened as he looked at her with a lost gaze.
 
 
“Kris, we should go.” Jieun said as she locked the door and brushed past Baekhyun, who just stared at the ghost of Jieun in the spot where she had whispered him as her bestfriend.
 
Kris frowned as he looked at Baekhyun and chuckled. A guy would understand what another guy’s facial expression meant and he could see straight away that the words that Jieun had said, had broken his heart. 
 
Jieun and him were a street away when he suddenly asked, “Jieun, does Baekhyun know I’m your cousin?”
 
Jieun raised an eyebrow as she looked away, “He should, I did tell him before…”
 
Kris looked at Jieun and stifled a laugh. So she was in love with that guy too. 
“Interesting…”
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun stumbled with his phone as he called his brother on his phone, “Suho, want a drink?”
 
 
 
 
A little while later, Suho shook his head as he watched his little brother take his fifth shot. 
 
“Seriously, what’s wrong with you? I’ve never seen you drink so much. Oh, correction, I’ve actually seen you even drink alcohol.” 
 
 
“Jieun…” Baekhyun managed to utter her name before gulping down another shot of tequila.
Suho could only laugh as he patted Baekhyun on the back. “Finally fell in love with her, eh? About time too. I was starting to wonder if you were gay, keeping a lady that fine as your bestfriend.”
 
 
Baekhyun glared at his brother,“Don’t call her ‘fine’, she’s…more than that. She’s beautiful.” 
 
He groaned when he realized what he had said and immediately took another shot.
 
“Tell her then. Tell her that she’s beautiful.” Suho nodded as he took a sip from his beer. “You should confess to her.”
 
“Too late.” He muttered as he slammed the cup down on the bar, making the bartender look at him with a frown. Suho smiled at the bartender and reached out to take the cup away from Baekhyun. 
 
Another two shots and Suho managed to dig out why Baekhyun thought it was too late. 
 
“This Kris guy, could it be her cousin?” Suho asked, this sudden thought in his mind. 
Baekhyun shook his head as he folded his arms over the bar and rested his head on it. “I remember she told him her cousin was called Wufan or something, not Kris, I would remember if it was a English name.”
 
 
Suho nodded, as he looked at his miserable brother, drifting off to sleep after drinking so much and took out his wallet, leaving enough money to pay the bill and a tip incase his brother had done any damage to the bar or the cup.
 
Baekhyun woke up in the middle of the night on his bed with a horrible headache. He regretted drinking so much but he couldn’t help it. It was his distraction for a while from Jieun. The thought of her made him want to cry. She was gone. She had another man now. That was the reason why she had been ignoring him. She had someone else in her life now and she didn’t want him anymore. He stumbled towards the bathroom as that thought of his life without her made his stomach turn, and he emptied out everything into the toilet bowl.
 
He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand as he reached up for the flush. He sat on the bathroom floor and let a tear escape. Another tear and another one. Soon he was hugging himself as he rocked himself back and forth. 
 
 
“Jieun, jieun, jieun.” That was all he could mutter as his heart broke at the memory of her coming out of the house with that Kris guy.
 
The next morning, Baekhyun wore his clothes with a poker face. Throughout the entire day, his entire being was a void of emotions, but none showed through. He flirted with all the girls in his class and everyone was surprised at this new side of him. Usually when any of the girls went up to him,  he would just gently push them away, but now, he grabbed them by the waist and whispered sweet nothings into their ears. 
 
Within a few weeks, Baekhyun had turned into a perculiar playboy and each day, he had a different girl in his arms. His fangirls grew and so did the smirk on his face. 
 
 
Jieun watched as Baekhyun his lips as one of their more famous cheerleading girls straddled his lap, leaning down to kiss him, however there was this one thing about his playboy actions she had noticed. He never let them kiss his lips, or go anywhere near it. She was deeply confused and hurt by his actions but now, he was completely ignoring her. He had changed his number and even when she had gone to his house to see him, he wasn’t at home. 
He must be at their houses then, she assumed.
 
 
At her house, Baekhyun was there, waiting for her to arrive back. He would do this every day, making sure that she was safely at home before heading back to his own house. 
 
To be honest, he didn’t know what he was doing. He wanted to pick up the phone every time Jieun had called but he kept telling himself he couldn’t. She was not his to care about anymore and every day, he would pray that Kris was taking good care of her.
 
As Baekhyun walked through the school doors, he froze in his steps as he saw Kris stare at him with an angry look. 
 
“You. Talk. Now.” He poked Baekhyun in the chest, then turning him around as he pushed Baekhyun towards the school field.
 
Baekhyun stared at the ground as Kris paced back and forth. He felt like a little kid getting scolded by his teacher.
 
 
“Jieun’s sick.”
 
 
Baekhyun’s face shot up and his eyes widened. 
 
“What? Is she okay? Is it serious?”
 
 
“Why do you care so much? You’ve hardly spoken to her.”  Kris said with a raised eyebrow. 
 
 
Baekhyun completely ignored the question as he strode up to Kris and poked his chest. “Why are you here? Shouldn’t you be taking care of her? After all, she is your girlfriend.”
 
 
He spat out the last sentence as he turned away and started to walk back towards the school.
 
“She’s not my girlfriend. She’s my cousin.”
 
 
The words stopped Baekhyun in his tracks and he turned around.
 
“I…don’t understand… But she only has one cousin called Wufan.” Baekhyun frowned as he started to take slow steps back to Kris.
 
 
“Yeah, that’s me.” Kris smiled smugly and pointed to himself. “I’m a trainee at an entertainment company, my stage name is Kris.”
 
 
 
“Holy .” That was all Baekhyun could mutter as he backtracked and ran, towards Jieun’s house.
 
 
“Clear up the mess kid!” Kris shouted as he sighed. Finally, he could see his cousin stop mopping around and this Baekhyun guy, could stop his reputation from being destroyed completely. Kris had gotten wind of what was going on in the university and the moment he realized it was also affecting Jieun greatly, he had to see what was wrong. He had followed Baekhyun for a few nights, realizing that he was waiting for JIeun to get home before going home. 
He had received texts from Jieun about how Baekhyun was never at home when she went to visit him after school and then it clicked. They were both idiots and both misunderstood what had been going on. Jieun had told Kris what happened that night she knew she really liked Baekhyun and she was busy the next few days, so she really didn’t have the time to even give Baekhyun an excuse of why she had ran off like that. 
 
 
And when Baekhyun had shown up at her door, she wasn’t prepared to face him. She was torn apart when Baekhyun first started to ignore her and flirted with all the girls, even her closest friend in History class. She didn’t get it, and she almost cried herself to sleep everynight.
Baekhyun was breathless as he ran, not caring if his legs gave way, he just needed to get to her. Within 15 minutes, he was at her front door, ringing the doorbell like it was nobody’s business. 
 
 
“Open the door! Jieun!” He shouted as he knocked the door.
 
 
“Kris, I told you- Baekhyun?” Before she could say anything else, she was pushed into the house and enveloped by his hug. She was stunned. A million thoughts ran through her head as she just cleared her mind and leaned herself into his embrace.
 
"Are you still sick? Kris...told me you were ill."
 
Baekhyun glanced at her sideways as she shook her head, "He told me that you might turn up if he told you that, but I told him that you weren't going to listen to him. That you didn't care about me anymore."
 
 
“I’ve been an idiot.” Baekhyun whispered as he buried his face into the nape of her neck. “I’m sorry. I...love you.”
 
 
Jieun shook her head as she stepped away from him. “I don’t…. how could you love me? You’ve been with so many girls over these few weeks.”
 
 
His heart strained at he took in her image. She hadn’t been eating properly, her eyes were puffy and her nose was slightly red. 
 
“I was an idiot,” he said, with emphasis on the last word. “I had thought that you were together with Kris. I just found out that Kris and Wufan are the same people.”
 
 
She looked at him with realization. “Oh. Oh. Oh. My god, Baekhyun I thought you knew, I thought…”
 
 
Baekhyun sighed in relief as he gathered her in his arms again. “I thought I was too late to confess to you.”
 
“You were a changed person, I hardly recognized you. You…were with many girls.” Jieun whispered as a tear streaked down her cheek. “Is that why you ignored me? Because of Kris?”
 
Baekhyun nodded, then he frowned as he whispered back. “What about you? Why were you ignoring me after that night?”
 
 
Jieun cleared as she stuttered out her confession, looking up only to see Baekhyun looking at her with something she could only figure out as smugness.
 
 
“So you were thinking about marrying me?” Baekhyun teased as her face flushed with colour. “But I guess, I had the same thoughts way before that night.”
Jieun looked up at him as he leaned in to kiss her, her eyes fluttering close as she hear him say something that made her heart burst out with happiness. 
 
 
 
“I fell in love with you the first time I met you, Park Jieun.”
 
 
 
 
--
 
 
 
right. Back to figuring out the other chapters for my other stories \o/ 
 
;_;