Realising About Ones Feelings (Raymond Lam)

Love's In The Air (One-shot collection)

 

Title: Realising About Ones Feelings

Main cast: Reader (18) and Raymond Lam (19)

Minors: Bosco Wong (19)



 

“Hey ____, do you have any plans for Christmas Eve?” Raymond asked as you two where playing games in the park. You thought for a moment.

“Nope, I don’t think so… You?” Raymond shook his head.

“Why don’t we do something together then?” He suggested. You smiled.

“Sure!” You and Raymond had been best friends since very young and you were always together doing something. “Then I’ll come over to you on Christmas day and we can cook something together!” Raymond raised an eyebrow.

“You? Cook?” You looked offended at him as he began laughing.

“Hey! I can cook!”

“Haha, yeah right!” Raymond tried to stop laughing so he could say something. “What about that time in 6th grade where you almost burned down the school because you ‘forgot’ to turn off the oven? Or in 8th grade where you burned all the food because you were busy looking out of the window!?” You pouted.

“Well…” You tried to find an excuse for the first one but couldn’t so you jumped to the next one. “I was looking after Bosco!”

“The guy you liked since 7th grade?” Raymond asked and you nodded. “Why him? You know he’s a narcissist right? And have you seen how many girls he have been together with!? I think they could fill a whole school if not more!” You smiled.

“Well, he’s handsome so of course there will be a lot of girls after him! And you too think about how you look! I think you’re just jealous!” You said and gave him a playful smirk. Raymond snorted and looked away.

“Yeah right!”

~A week later~

“Raymond I have some news!” You said happily. Raymond looked up at you from where he sat with his magazine.

“Good or bad?”

“Good of course!” You said excited. He smiled.

“Then tell me!”

“Me and Bosco are together! As in I’m his new girlfriend!” You said and smiled happily. Raymond’s smile on the other side slowly faded away. He didn’t like the news. You didn’t notice and dreamt away about Bosco.

“I don’t think it’s good news…” He muttered to himself and looked down in his magazine.

“What did you say?” You asked as you only heard him whisper.

“Nothing…” You then looked at your mobile and your eyes widened when you saw the time.

“Oh, have to go! I have a date with Bosco! See you!” You waved before running off to meet Bosco. Raymond was a bit irritated and jealous.

~Christmas Eve~

You where going to meet Bosco and give him a Christmas present! When he came he didn’t look very happy at all. You looked questioning at him.

“What’s wrong? It’s Christmas Eve, smile!” You said and tried to get him to smile but it didn’t help and he looked seriously at you.

“Let’s break up.” He said. You looked shocked at him.

“W-What? W-Why?” You stuttered.

“I don’t like you anymore and I’m staring to feel bored around you, so let’s break up.” He said. Tears started running down your cheeks. You couldn’t believe he actually broke up with you on Christmas Eve! You turned around and ran away, crying. When you stopped running you realised you were standing outside the door into Raymond’s apartment. You hesitated before knocking on the door. Soon after Raymond opened.

“____? What happened? Why are you crying?” He asked worried when he saw your teary face. You cried as you hugged him. “Come in. Tell me what happened.” He said as he led you over to the couch. You told him everything.

“You were right! He is a player!” You said between your sobs. Raymond took you into another hug to comfort you. You didn’t know why but you liked being in his arms and always felt secure when you were with him.

“It’s okay… Now go out and was your face and I’ll make some food for you!” You nodded and left the couch and walked into the bathroom. Meanwhile Raymond cooked some food for you. As you walked back to the couch you saw a little present on one of the bookshelves. You got curious and looked at the card to see whom it were from or to. You were a little surprised as it was a gift to you.

“What’s this?” You asked Raymond as he came in from the kitchen with two plates of food. He had hoped you wouldn’t notice it, but realized that since you already had seen it he couldn’t hide it anymore.

“Well, it’s a Christmas present for you!” He said and smiled. You looked at the present and took it with you over to the couch.

“For me? But I forgot your present!” You said sad.

“It’s okay!” He assured you. You smiled.

“Can I open it?” You asked, curious to find out what it was.

“Sure.” Raymond said as he saw your expression. “But you might not like it!” He added. You opened it and found a brand new Ipod inside. You smiled and hugged Raymond.

“Thanks! I like it! You’ll get yours first thing tomorrow morning!” Raymond smiled.

“Now eat some food!” You nodded and you two started eating. You soon forgot about Bosco and you and Raymond had fun. When it got late you said goodbye to Raymond and got a cab home, since Raymond didn’t like the idea of you walking home alone and since you didn’t allow him to walk you home, you had to take a cab. As you got home you made yourself ready to go to bed and found the Ipod Raymond gave you. He had said there was some song on it already and you wanted to listen to them before you went to sleep.

“Hi ____! It’s Raymond~ This may sound a bit weird and you may not like what you hear but… I want you to know anyway… ____...” There was a long pause. You got a little impatient. “Listen very careful because I’m going to say it now! ____, I. Like. You!” He slowly said making sure every word was clear. You started it again, since you wasn’t sure you had heard the right thing… Did he just say he liked you!? You blushed by the thought and had this weird feeling inside that you never had when you were together with Bosco… Did you also like Raymond? As you heard it over and over again you were now sure that you really did like Raymond! You found your phone as fast as you possibly could to text him.

‘Raymond I listened to the track you recorded on the Ipod you gave me! And I have something to tell you! Meet me at the basketball court in the park tomorrow morning!’

You send the message and soon after you got a rather confused and curious answer from Raymond.

‘Something to tell me? What is it? Okay I’ll be there!’

You then went to sleep. Tomorrow you were going to tell Raymond that you also liked him and give him his present! You couldn’t help but smile at the thought and you fell asleep with a smile on your face.

 


 

THE END~



 

Here's Raymond :D