Mute!? (Wang Zi)

Love's In The Air (One-shot collection)

 

Title: Mute!?

Main cast: Reader (17) and Wang Zi (17)

 


 

“Class I have some news for you!” The teacher said. Everyone cheered, well except you, even though you wanted to. The teacher went over to the door and opened. “Come on inside.” She said to the person waiting outside the door. It was a boy. He followed the teacher in.

“Hello everyone, my name is Wang Zi…” He introduced himself. You blushed. He was actually kind a cute! Apparently all the girls in the class agreed as they were whispering about him and giving him flirting glances, which he ignored.

“You can sit down on the available seat beside ____ over there.” The teacher said and pointed at you. You smiled as Wang Zi nodded to the teacher and went down to you and sat down on the available chair beside you. All the girls were a little envious at you but didn’t mind since it was you.

 “Hello!” He said. You smiled and looked down on the table and took a pencil and wrote hello on a note, but when you held it up to show him he was looking away, a bit irritated. You got a little sad and looked down on the table as the teacher started the lesson.

~Some day’s later~

“Hey, do you know the answer for the third question?” Wang Zi asked you in one of your lessons. You didn’t turn to him because you were writing the answer on a note. Once again he looked irritated away when you wanted to show it to him. You didn’t know why but he always did when you wanted to show him the notes.

~Lunch break~

Wang Zi turned to you.

“You want to go get some food?” Again you wrote something and wanted to show him but before you got that far Wang Zi banged his fist onto the table, which made everyone look surprised down at you and him. He looked irritated at you. “Can’t you answer me!?” He yelled. You were shocked that he got so angry.

“…” You didn’t say anything, which made him even more irritated.

“Why do you keep ignoring me!? Even if I say hello you don’t answer!” He yelled even louder. It made you sad and also scared and tears started running down your cheeks. You stood up and ran out from the classroom. Everyone was looking after you, except Wang Zi.

“That was a bit harsh…” One of the boys said. Wang Zi glared at him.

“Yeah…” The other agreed.

“What do you mean?” Wang Zi asked still irritated.

“She actually has been trying to say things to you… You just never see it…” Wang Zi looked questioning at them.

“Sees it?”

“Yeah all the notes…” Wang Zi didn’t know what they were talking about.

“____ is mute! She has been mute since she saw her parents get killed in a car accident! So she writes what she wants to say on notes, but you never see them!” One of the girls said. Wang Zi looked surprised at her and now knew why she hadn’t been talking to him since he came and why she always turned her attention to her paper when he spoke to her! He then ran out of the classroom to find you and apologize. When he finally found you, you were standing with the back to him crying. He walked over and laid a hand on your shoulder.

“____ I’m very sorry! I didn’t know you were mute, and it just irritated me that you were the only one who didn’t talked to me!” You turned around and sniffed. He wiped the tears away from your face as he looked apologizing at you. “I’m really, really sorry ____!” You looked him in the eyes and could feel he really was sorry. You then smiled and hugged him. He looked a little surprised but then smiled. “Can you forgive me?” He asked. You nodded. “Hey, let’s go for an ice cream! My treat!” Wang Zi said. You smiled and nodded agreeing since you loved ice cream!

~A little later~

You poked to Wang Zi.

“What’s wrong?” He asked. You pointed at a little ice cream stand on the other side of the road. “You want an ice cream from there?” He asked and you nodded. You then wanted to run over to the stand. “Hey ___! Don’t run over the road!” Wang Zi shouted but it was too late and a car hit you. Wang Zi looked frightened at the whole scene and felt like the time was going in slowmotion so he would feel two times more pain. The car didn’t stop and drove away. Wang Zi hurried over to you full of worry. “____! ____!” He shouted but you were unconscious. The man with the ice cream stand came running over.

“Hello! I need an ambulance now! Someone has been hit by a car!” He said into his phone. Soon after the ambulance came after you, and since Wang Zi didn’t want to leave you he went with you.

~At the hospital~

“I’m sorry to tell you this, but we had to put ___ into a coma because of her injuries and she went into shock…” The doctor told Wang Zi when you two arrived. He hadn’t been able to contact any of your family members since you had arrived at the hospital. Wang Zi was shocked about the news.

“Is it really that bad? Will she be all right? Please say she’s going to be okay!” Wang Zi said full of worry and regret that he hadn’t held you back so you wouldn’t have run over the road. And he was feeling something he couldn’t quite describe… The doctor sighed.

“We are doing some more tests later. Right now she’s stabilised and should be out of danger…” Wang Zi sighed in relief.

“Can I go see her?” He asked. The doctor nodded.

“She’s in the room over there.” He pointed at a door not far away. Wang Zi nodded and hurried over and went into the room where he found you lying quietly on the bed. He went over and sat down beside the bed.

“I’m sorry ____, it’s my fault! I should have held you back!” Wang Zi said. He couldn’t hold his tears back. Even though he knew you were out of danger he was still afraid that something might happen and you wouldn’t make it. He took your hand and held it tight while he looked at your face. You had a lot of cuts and bruises from the accidents. Soon he felt too tired to hold his eyes open and fell asleep still holding your hand.

~A month later~

 Wang Zi had been going to the hospital to look after you the last month when he was off from school and was waiting for you to wake up. You slowly opened your eyes. You felt like you had slept for years! You looked disorientated around and didn’t know where you were. It didn’t look like your house or room… You noticed someone holding your hand. It was Wang Zi! You smiled. He was sleeping. You moved a bit since your body was still sleeping. Wang Zi noticed it and woke up.

“____!” He shouted happily. You smiled. He was so happy that he hugged you. You were a little surprised but then hugged him back. “____ I really like you! I found out after the car accident and you were in coma for the last month! I’m so happy that you woke up!” He said. He liked you? You smiled.

“I like you too…” You whispered. Wang Zi broke away and looked shocked at you.

“____, you just said something!?” He said shocked. You nodded. He broke into a smile and stood up.

“Wait a minute, I’m going to go tell a doctor that you’re awake!” He said happy. “And that you are able to talk again!” You nodded and he went out. You still couldn’t believe that he actually liked you and couldn’t stop smiling when you thought about it.

 


 

THE END~



 

Here's Wang Zi ^-^