Falling For My Biggest Rival's Brother!? (Wu Chun)

Love's In The Air (One-shot collection)

 

Title: Falling For My Biggest Rival’s Brother!?

Main cast: Reader (21) and Wu Chun (23)

Minors: Xiao Mei, Mi Mi, Xiao Li, Yu Han (Fictionals) (All 21)

 


 

“Yay! Today is the big tournament!” You said as you walked onto the basketball court where everyone else from the school team was standing. They all smiled when they saw you. You were the team captain since a year ago.

“We’re so excited!” Xiao Mei said.  

“Are you ready to go girls!?” Your couch, Mr. Fong asked, obviously also excited about the tournament.

“Yeah!” You all shouted.

“Then let’s get going!” You then went to the bus the school had and drove of to the place where the tournament would be held.

~At the tournament~

Finally you were there. You went to the room that was booked for your team, while your couch registered your arrival and got the times for your games.  You all changed to your player uniforms. Your couch wasn’t back yet.

“I go find couch Fong…” You said and headed to where the teams should register their arrivals. As you turned around a corner you bumped into someone and fell down on the ground. “Ouch…” You said.

“I’m sorry, are you okay? Let me help you.” You heard a guy’s voice. You looked up. Wow what a handsome guy! He reached out his hand, which you took, and helped you up.

“It’s okay… I should have seen were I walk…” He smiled. You blushed and your heart was beating faster than normal. Is this what they call love at first sight?

“You’re going to play today?” He said looking at your outfit. You smiled and nodded.

“Yeah…”

“Good luck, I’ll be cheering for you!”

“Thanks!” Your couch then came running,

“____, get the others, we need to start warming up now! The first match start in 15 minutes!” You nodded and looked apologetic at the guy.

“Go, I’m sure I can find you later.” He said and smiled. You nodded and ran to your teammates.

~First match~

“Now we’re going to have the first match of the day! It’s Yi Sheng University against Ying Feng University!” As you heard your schools name your team went on court and so did the team from Ying Feng. You walked over to the captain of the other university.

“Nice to meet you, we’re looking forward to play against you!” You said and smiled.

“Well, you’re going to loose!”

“We’ll see.” You said before going over to your teammates to discuss the last tactic details. “Ready?” They all nodded. “Let’s win!”

“Jia you, jia you, jia you!” You all shouted before taking your player positions.

~A little while later~

“88 – 56 to Yi Sheng University with 5 minutes left to play!” Everyone on the sidelines were shouting, cheering and singing. You smiled and looked around on all the people. Soon your eyes stopped at the guy you had met before the match, which reminded you that you didn’t get to ask his name! You just had to find him later. You then turned your attention back to the game.

“And the game ends with a big win to Yi Sheng University with the score of 123 to 67!” Your teammates ran over to you and shared a big group hug.

“That was the first game! How many games are we playing?” Mi Mi asked the couch. He looked in his papers.

“In an hour… Around 5 or 6 if we get in the final… Now you girls can go look at the other games! We’ll meet here again in half an hour.” You all then walked in different ways to see what was going on. As you were walking around you spotted the guy and went over to him. He smiled when he noticed you.

“Hey, you play good!”

“Thanks!” You said and smiled. You then remembered you should ask what his name was. “Can I ask you something?” He smiled

“Sure!”

“What is your name?” He chuckled by you straightforward question.

“I’m Wu Chun, you can just call me Chun.” He said.

“Okay, Chun, I’m ____!”

“You’re the captain of Yi Sheng, right?” You nodded. “So you’re the one my sister always talk about…” He muttered to himself.

“What?” You asked since you didn’t quite hear what he said.

“Oh nothing.” You and Chun talked a bit more before you had to play one more game.

~Some hours later~

“Finally we have the two teams who are going to play the finals! Are you ready to hear it?” Someone said over the loudspeaker system. Everyone started screaming. “It’s Yi Sheng University and Tong Guo University!” Once again your team entered the court, pretty excited to be in the finals. All your hard training had paid off!

“So we meet again ____.” The leader of the other team, Yu Han, said. You nodded. Tong Guo University had been the biggest rivals of your University for two years now. You smiled.

“Yeah we do.”

“I’ll make sure you loose!” She said and smirked. All the times you had met her team at tournaments she would always behave like she was much better than everyone else. You had to admit that they were a good team, but you were sure you could beat them!

“I’m not so sure of that.” You said. She looked a little irritated. You didn’t care and looked around in the crowd to see if Chun was there. And he was. You smiled and waved to him. He saw it and waved back.

“What are you doing?”

“Waving to a friend…” You answered.

“You know it’s my brother, right?” You looked surprised at her and hadn’t expected that. “I would prefer if you keep away from him!” You sighed.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t care if he’s your brother or not, even if he’s the king! I befriend the ones I want and I would prefer if you would keep out of my business!” You made sure to say it clear so she could hear it. She looked quite angry now.

“The game will begin now!” You heard over the loudspeaker. You walked over to your team and did as you had done with all the previous matches. The game then started.

~Near the end of the game~

“And the score is 100-100, so it’s a tie! It’s so exciting! Who is going to win?” The man once again talked over the loudspeakers. There were only a few minutes left. The two teams were both exhausted by running so much and because no one of them wanted to admit to loosing to the other team. “Only one minute left!” You had the ball and were standing across Chun’s sister.  You jumped up to throw the ball in the basket. Yu Han also jumped. She was quite angry and irritated because of you and Chun. You threw the ball. As you landed on the floor again Yu Han made sure to land on your foot. You fell to the ground. Your ankle hurt a lot. Yu Han looked apologising at you.

“Oh, did I land on you? I’m very sorry!” She said sarcastically and smirked. Your teammates rushed over to you with concerned looks. The referee ran over to us.

“Are you okay?” He asked. You smiled and nodded and slowly stood up. Even though it hurt you didn’t want to leave the court without trying to win. He turned to Yu Han before he judged penalty and you now had the chance to win.

“____, are you sure you can do it? I mean doesn’t your foot hurt?” Xiao Li asked. You smiled assuring.

“I’m okay! I can do this… I only have to score then we’ve won the game!” The others hesitated before they nodded. They wasn’t very happy about you playing when you were hurt, but they respected your decision and stepped back to let you throw. You took the ball and everyone held their breath as you threw the ball. You closed your eyes. You were afraid it wouldn’t go in. Soon after you could hear cheers from the crowd and your teammates stormed over to you.

“____! We won!” Mi Mi yelled. You sighed in relief. You looked over at your couch and noticed that Chun was standing at the sideline. You smiled and wanted to walk over to him, but as you tried to walk you felt the pain in your ankle and fell. Chun ran over to you and looked worried at you.

“Hey, are you okay?” He asked concerned.

“I’m fine…” You said and tried to stand up again but failed. Chun managed to catch you before you landed on the floor again.

“I take you to the nurse!” He lifted you up in bridal style and walked towards the nurse’s office. You blushed by his actions. Your teammates saw the whole scene and were all smiling at how romantic the scene was. Yu Han on the other side was almost burning up with hate.

~Nurse’s office~

Chun placed you on the bed and the nurse examined your foot.

“Hmm… It’s badly twisted… I will put a bandage on and then you have to wait to play basketball for about two to three weeks, then it should be okay.” The nurse said as she finished examining your foot. You nodded.

“Thanks.” She smiled and finished putting the bandage on.

“So…” She said and smiled. You slowly stood up and Chun was by your side almost immediately to help you. You two then walked out of the nurse’s office and were met by a very angry Yu Han.

“What are you doing Chun! You know she’s my rival!” She yelled at Chun.

“I’m helping her since it’s your fault she’s hurt, and I don’t care if she’s your rival!” He answered her and sounded angry too.

“But-“ She started but Chun cut her off.

“No buts! I don’t want you to decide who can be my friend and who can’t!” Chun said. You two then walked past her and headed towards your team room.

~Three weeks later~

You and Chun had been a lot together since the tournament and you were getting pretty good friends, even though you liked him more than a friend. You two were in the park since it was weekend and you didn’t have to go to school.

“Let’s have a match!” You said as you walked past the basketball court in the park. Chun looked at you.

“You sure you’re ready for that?”

“Yep, my foot is perfectly fine and I’ve already started training again!” You smiled playfully. “Or are you scared to loose?” Chun smiled.

“To you? Never!” You then found a ball.

“Hey, let’s make it like this! We play till someone has 20 points and the looser has to tell a secret!?” Chun thought for a moment before he agreed.

“Okay!” You two then began the match. Both of you played pretty good and the score was almost equal all the time.

“Ha, I won!” You said happy when you reached the score of 20 first. “You have to tell me a secret!” Chun smiled.

“Okay, okay!” You waited excitedly to know what it was. “The secret is that… I actually like you!” You looked shocked at him.

“What!?” You asked.

“I said I like you!” Chun chuckled seeing your facial expression. “So… You want to be my girlfriend?” You still couldn’t believe he was actually asking you! You smiled and nodded.



 

THE END~



 

Here's Chun: