Walking In The Rain

One More Chance

Poster  made by Luhansperf of ♥|| Colour Dreams || Poster||♥

 

 

Donghae's POV



I walked away from her just like what she did to me in the past. I want her to feel all the pain she had caused me. I want her to feel the hell I went through when she left me without even a single word. Without even saying her reason why.


I did everything that I could possibly do to make her happy, but what did I get? She just left me with nothing but pain.

 

She left me with my broken heart... 

 

.....but I had completely forgotten all of that. Everything was going fine until she came back again. How could she even dare to come back after all that she had done?! What else does she want from me?! Why is she doing all of this?!  Is she not contented yet for breaking my heart? Is she also planning to ruin my life?

 

No.

 

I won't let her do that again. Never again. I will be happy with Yoona, and I will make sure she will rue the day she chose her dreams over her damn broken promises!

 



I will make her suffer until she finally give up and disappear in my life...forever.

 



But somehow...

Every step I took away from her, a pang of guilt struck in my chest. It felt as if there was a weight pressing down my heart. It felt as if I was leaving my whole self behind...



 

==

==

 

Donghae woke up slowly, instinctively reaching for Dara, but felt the left side of the bed was empty. It was still dark outside, the whole room was completely black even Dara's small lamp shade that she always kept on while sleeping was strangely not on.


Donghae rubbed his eyes and sleepily stretched his arm to turn the lamp on before he sat up on the bed.


Strange rabbit woke up first, he thought.


"Rabbit? Where are you?! Are you cooking breakfast already?" he said, yawning while looking around the room. "Rabbit?!" he called out again but there was no answer.


He squinted his eyes to see the time on the wall clock: 6:30 am.


"Si-six-thirty only?" He mumbled, blinking a few times to be sure that he was seeing the time correctly. He gulped nervously as he suddenly felt something weird in the pit of his stomach. He tried to brush it off, telling himself that she was just in the bathroom or she was probably downstairs cooking breakfast to surprise him when something suddenly flickered in the corner of his eye. He quickly turned to look at it and saw the engagement ring he gave to her last night.


He swallowed hard before he slowly reached over and picked it up on the bedside table. He shook his head disbelievingly, his fingers trembling as he stared at it with his wide baffled eyes. He then clenched it tightly into his fist and quickly jumped out of the the bed, fidgeting. He immediately ran downstairs, yelling her name. He looked for her everywhere in the house but she was no where to be found.


Donghae quickly went back upstairs to get his phone. He speed dialed Dara's number, gasping, "Please…rabbit… answer…please."  But her phone was already disconnected. His heart sank and fear started to grow in his chest.


He clenched the ring tightly while walking back and forth across the room, trying to calm himself. He sighed loudly and closed his eyes before he directed his gaze to their closet.


He suddenly laugh and furiously  shook his head in denial. "No! Ha ha! Of course not. What am I thinking?! My rabbit will come back. She just probably went somewhere. Right!" he slapped his fist into his palm, "She didn't want to bother my sleep so she didn't wake me up. Aisssh! That clumsy rabbit! I told her to never remove this ring in her finger. What if this get lost? I went through a lot just to get this ring. Besides, she said yes already. I won't let her change her mind. Never! No return, no exchange. Ha! Ha! Tsk. I better think of a good punishment so she would never do this again. Haist!"


Donghae let out a long sigh as he slowly walked towards their closet. His knees were growing weaker in every step he took and his heart was pounding really fast. "Damn it. What is wrong with me? Everything is fine, fishy." He took a deep breath and gulped as he slowly reached his trembling hand out, grabbing the door knob of the closet. 


He closed his eyes and held his breath as he slowly turned it open as if in slow motion from a horror movie. But as soon as he saw her stuff was gone, everything in his eyes suddenly became blurry. Shocked, Donghae gasped and fell to his knees. At that moment he felt his heart was being ripped out of him. All he could feel was pain and the deafening silence was making it even worst.


Then a sudden mirthless chuckle managed to pass his lips. "H-have I done something wrong? We were so happy last night... I finally proposed to her. We will finally be together forever. Me and rabbit...my one true love. No. No, no , no, no, no..." he started saying to himself, "this can't be happening." Donghae shook his head and closed his eyes tightly. Tears started flowing freely from his eyes like a waterfall. His heart was clenching in pain even more as the happy images of last night flashed back to his mind.


 



"But I... I told you we are not ready yet. This is not the right time, fishboy.

 


"It is not that easy Donghae. Besides, I told you I still have a lot of dreams."



Donghae eyes snapped open when he suddenly realized Dara's strange reaction last night. He paused, swallowing the lump that had formed in his throat before he shook his head furiously, "No. No. It's impossible. She was just shock that's why she said that. Besides, she said yes after all. We are going to get married. Everything was fine...I thought everything was fine." He stifled a cry of pain, his heart was thumping painfully in his chest. "Rabbit...W-why?" he whimpered softly as more tears streamed down his face. The darkness and silence in the house was like a torture, slowly killing him inside. He shut his eyes tightly and had nearly drifted to sleep when a loud thunder boomed the sky and a flash of lightning brightened the room, making him got up into his knees.


"Dara!" he blurted and quickly ran barefoot outside wearing only the bottom of his pajamas, screaming her name. At that moment, the rain suddenly poured down really hard as if the sky was crying too. He was shivering and his legs trembled from the cold but he still kept walking, searching for her everywhere. 


"Dara! Where are you?! Please, please don't leave me alone. Dara!" He cried out loud as the heavy rain hit his face mixing in with his tears. 


His heart constricted with unbearable pain as the thought of not seeing her forever kept flashing to his mind. He closed his eyes for a moment to block it out, but the voice inside his head was getting harder. He tried to ignore it and just kept running and running to nowhere, yelling her name, desperately looking for her until his knees finally gave in.



"Damn it!" Donghae gasped as he desperately struggled to get back to his knees, only to fell back to the ground in exhaustion. He tried his hardest to get up again but it was no use.

 

He let out a sigh of defeat and just looked up at the dark sky with his face soaked with rainwater and tears. He felt his heart clenched painfully in his chest when he realized there were no stars visible. 


He shut his eyes tightly, head tilted towards the sky, desperately wishing this was all just a nightmare. He clenched the ring even harder and placed it to his heart. "Please come back, rabbit. I.....I can't imagine my life without you." he sobbed, tears falling down his cold freezing cheeks when suddenly...

 



"Donghae!" His eyes snapped open when he suddenly heard a woman's worried voice out of no where.


He blinked his eyes a few times and found himself staring up at a white ceiling, clutching his heart. "Dara..." he managed to choke out, a drop of tear escaped from his eye. 

 


"Donghae, oppa! Are you awake? Thank God! Are you okay? Do you need anything? Are you in pain? Nurse!" Another voice of a woman snapped him out of his nightmare.


"Minji-yah... I need to find her. It's raining hard outside. She's afraid of thunder. I'm sure she's really scared right now." Donghae said weakly as he tried to push himself up on the hospital bed but he suddenly felt pain all over his body. He shut his eyes tightly and gripped to the bed rails, ignoring the pain as he attempted again to push himself out of the bed. The two girls beside him were trying to calm him down but he kept on insisting he could manage.


"Oppa! Stop this already...please! After all that happened to you, you're still thinking about her? For God sake oppa! Wake up! It's been six months already since she left you! She left you without even a single word! No notes, no nothing! It is just that simple! She doesn't want you to look for her! What can you not understand about that?! She doesn't want to marry you oppa! She doesn't love you!" Minzy yelled, bursting into tears. 


"That's not true, Minji. Take it back. That's not true!" Donghae yelled back, shaking his head furiously until he felt it throbbed painfully.


"No oppa! It's true! If she really loved you, then why did she leave you?! Why did she leave us?! She chose her dream over you, oppa! She left you for her dream! She did nothing but only hurt you. She doesn't deserve you oppa. Why can't you understand that?!"



"No! Stop it Minji! You know that's not true! You know her more than anyone else. We all grew up together. You know she is not like that. She told me she loves me more than her dreams and I believe on her! I know she will come back. I know she can't endure me. This is all my fault anyway. I put too much pressure on her. I should've just waited until she's ready. This is all my fault! I need to look for her. I need to talk to her. Please bring me home, maknae. She is probably home by now. She must be waiting for me." Donghae held up his sister hands tightly before he gave her a sad smile, "Please bring me to her, Minji."

Minzy stifled a cry before she pulled away, averting her eyes filled with tears from his oppa as she couldn't take seeing him hurting like this. 


"For God sake oppa! Have a pity on yourself! I can't take seeing you like this anymore! Oppa, I know it's hard. It's hard for us too but we need to move on. You need to move on oppa. You need to forget her. You need to continue your life without her. Please do it for me oppa. Please do it for mom. Please do it for us." Minzy begged, looking into his eyes.


"I can't... I can't live without her, Minji." Donghae croaked out with a bitter smile as his tears flowing down uncontrollably. 


Minzy froze upon hearing him. Her heart sank at the sight of him smiling even in such pain.


"If you don't want to help me, I understand but I need to look for her. I promise her that I will go wherever she will go." Donghae tried his hardest to push himself out of bed but the other girl beside him was trying to hold him back down.

"B-but I don't think you could already manage to stand up. You are still weak. See? You can't even sit up straight. W-why don't you look for her when you get your strength back?" The tall girl said nervously, biting her nails when Donghae looked up at her with his face filled with rage. "M-maybe tomorrow instead?" 

 

"No. I need to look for her now. Don't worry I'm fine. Besides, I would feel better if I were in my house. Please, I need to look for her." he begged, looking up at her but his eyes suddenly widened when his gaze landed on her left hand. He quickly grabbed her hand forcefully and looked up at her with his furious eyes.


"W-why do you have that? W-who are you?! Give me that to me! Give me back that ring!" Donghae shouted and immediately tried to pull the ring off her finger.


"Oppa! Stop! She is Yoona! We are still in Jeju! Don't you remember? She's the one who saved your life! For God sake oppa...That is just a ring! Is that how you treat the one who saved your life?!"


"This is not just a ring, Minji! This is an eternity ring! I went through a lot to get this. I especially made this only for her! No one can ever own this except HER!" Donghae yelled angrily.


"I- um.. I'm sorry. I can't. Ouch! I can't really take it off." Yoona stuttered, wincing in pain as Donghae forcefully tried to take the ring off her finger. 



Donghae got even more furious when he recalled the ring designer saying that only when true love appears, the eternity ring will hold on tightly. While struggling hard to get the ring back, the two fell on the floor, and accidentally kissed each other.

 

TO BE CONTINUED>>>

[credit to the owner of this gif]

 

 

 

 



Sorry for the late update. I lost all my files and have to rewrite everything again. I actually wrote more than this but then that happened. Ugh! I'm still pissed off ;( 
Anyway, please leave comments and subscribe. Oh! I almost forgot...

Thank you to those who upvoted my stories and for all the comments. I really really apreciate it..

It keeps me more motivated. THANK YOU!!!  

 

 

 



Much love Royals!