Chapter Three

Aqua Blue Cinema

 

“We’re going to be together forever.”

“Miss Jung?” Henry asked, waving a hand in front of her face.

Krystal snapped back to the present. She had been staring blankly at a picture of herself for a few moments. Shaking the thoughts from her head, she smiled at Henry and quickly signed the picture. “Here.”

Amber frowned, having watching as Krystal zone out, and she grabbed Henry by the elbow. “I think that’s enough, dude. You don’t want to irritate the star,” she said, shooting Krystal a smile and a wink.

Krystal rolled her eyes.

“Ah! Sorry, Miss Jung,” Henry said, clutching the pictures close to his chest and bowing. “I didn't mean to bother you.”

Krystal bowed politely back. “You didn’t bother me. I’m always happy to make my fans happy.”

Amber arched an eyebrow, but didn’t say anything. Henry bowed again, backed away from her, and walked out of the room. Amber knew he wasn’t going to shut up about this for weeks. She looked at Daniel, who seemed perfectly content to just stand there. Biting her lip, she made a shooing motion behind her back.

Daniel laughed, but moved to leave anyway. Stopping at the door, he bowed and said, "I better go make sure he doesn't build a shrine or something. It was nice meeting you, Miss Jung."

"Nice meeting you, too.”

Finally alone, Amber leaned against the dresser and looked Krystal in the eye. Krystal, slightly unnerved and a little afraid of the intensity of the stare, looked away. “What?”

“Are you okay?” she asked. She hadn’t forgotten about Krystal’s earlier behavior. “You looked a little...” She let the sentence trail off and shrugged.

“I don’t plan on killing myself any time soon," she deadpanned.

Immediately, Amber went red and ducked her head. “Th-that’s not what I meant!”

Krystal rolled her eyes, but the ghost of a smile was visible. “Of course not, idiot.”
 

***


Minho, slightly drunk and more than a little loud, lectured her the entire way to the hotel. (She had called him because if Luna found out about her adventure, she wouldn’t ever let Krystal out of her sight again. She liked her manager, but Luna could be a tad over-protective.) Mostly on how she was too young to be going off on her own (she was eighteen, thank you very much), too young for a boyfriend (she could only laugh), and on how she destroyed his chances from getting this chick's number.

Krystal rolled her eyes and walked into her hotel room. Kicking the door closed with her foot, she dumped the bag of clothes by the door. She immediately went to change clothes - Minho had declared the fluorescent shirt was going to give him eye problems. She couldn't help, but agree.

As she pulled the shirt over head, she caught sight of herself in the mirror.

Her neck was bare.

"What?!"

Krystal ran back to the door. Ripping open the bag, she searched from the necklace.

No! No! No! Where is it?! she thought, frantically searching. She had to find it.

The memory of her falling into the ocean flooded her. "No!"

Krystal grabbed a stray hoodie from off the bed and raced out of the hotel room. Luckily, Amber's apartment wasn't too far from the hotel and she just decided to go by foot.

Although she didn't run, when she reached the apartment she was out of breath. Krystal stopped at the top of the stairs, straightening her hair and catching her breath - she had a reputation to keep up.

"Amber! I need to talk to you!" She pounded on the door, fingers playing at her bare neck. Please be up.

The door opened as far as the lock would allow. A sleepy eye looked at her. Amber yawned and ran a hand through her hair.

"Krystal?"

"Yeah, can I come in?" Krystal asked, desperately trying not to sound, well, desperate. The more she thought about not finding the necklace, the more worried she became.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah. Just give me a second." She disappeared and the door closed. A second later, Amber appeared dressed in a large black t-shirt and basketball shorts. Subconsciously, Krystal raised an eyebrow at the other girl's attire. "What's up?"

"Can I check your room? I think I left something," Krystal asked, not even stopping to wait for an answer and just walked into Amber's room.

"Sure, just come on - and you're gone." Amber sighed and closed the door. She was quickly learning that the actress did whatever the hell she wanted.

When she walked into her bedroom, she wasn't excepting it to look like a bomb exploded - clothes everywhere and bed in disarray. Half under the bed, Krystal let out a cry.

"What the?! How did you do this?"

"I can't find it!" she yelled, crawling out from under the bed. Shifting her weight from foot to foot, Amber didn't know what to do.

"Um, Krystal? What are you looking for?" she asked as she subtly tidied the room. Krystal paid her no mind, too busy rechecking (and causing general untidiness). Amber let this continue until she couldn't take Krystal messing up her room. She grabbed the actress by the shoulders, forcing her to stop. "Krystal!"

Krystal blinked back tears. She wouldn't cry. She wouldn't. Krystal took a calming breath. "I can't find my necklace."

"Necklace?"
 

***


"Watch where you step. It's slippery," Amber advised. Once Krystal had deemed the apartment necklace-free, she figured the only place it could be was the beach. So, after a quick stop at the 24-Hour convenience store for batteries, the girls went to search the cliff.

Amber was walking in front of Krystal, who was clutching the back of her shirt.

Que mini flashback of Krystal falling into the ocean. Unintentionally, she pulled on the other girl's shirt, causing Amber to stubble.

"Hey!"

"Point the light over there," Krystal said, ignoring Amber's outburst and pointing over by the edge. She thought she saw the light reflect off something.

"I don't see anything," Amber said. Krystal felt tears coming on and let go of the other girl's shirt. She tried to hide it by putting her hand over , but Amber heard her. Amber turned around, almost slipping on the rocks. 

"Wow!" Shooting her arms out, she steadied herself and faced the other girl. "Krystal?"

Krystal turned away from her - tears were actually falling now. Amber frowned and gently wrapped her arms around the actress. Krystal didn't encourage or discourage the embrace. 

"Hey, hey. It'll be okay." Suffice to say, comforting crying girls wasn't listed on her skills list. She awkwardly patted the actress's back. This went on for a few moments before Krystal mumbled something into her shoulder.

"Huh?" Amber leaned back from the girl.

Krystal mumbled it again.

"A little louder please?"

"It's not all right!" Krystal yelled, ripping out of Amber's arms. "You don't understand."

The other girl was taken back. Obliviously Krystal was deeply attached to this necklace. "I...How can I help you?"
 

***


Sulli laughed, putting on giant heart-shaped glasses and making kissy faces at Krystal. Krystal giggled and pushed the other girl away.

“Stop it!” she laughed as Sulli threw her arms around her and kissed her noisily on the cheek. “Sulli!”

The other girl took off the glasses and intertwined their fingers. She lead them over to the necklaces. “Look at this one! It’s so pretty.”

Krystal took the necklace from her and brought it closer so she could see it. It was pretty - a beautiful four-leaf clover design. “You should get it. It’d match that shirt you bought.”

“You should get a matching one,” Sulli said, eyes locked on the necklace in Krystal’s hand. She looked up and smiled at her. “I mean, we are a couple, right?”
 

***


It's gone. The only proof left - gone. Wiping her eyes, Krystal said, "Forget it. I'm sorry for dragging you out here, Amber."

You left me. Why can’t I leave you?

"No." Shaking her head, Amber handed her the flashlight. Krystal watched as the other girl kicked off her shoes and walked over to the edge. Shocked, she could only watch as Amber jumped off the cliff and into the water. Krystal ran over to the edge.

"Idiot!" she yelled when Amber reappeared. Amber rolled her eyes and moved her bangs out of her eyes.

"Shine the light over here." She patted the water in front of her. "I can't see."

"Are you crazy?!" Krystal asked, pointing the light and accidentally blinding Amber.

No one said anything for a moment; they just looked at each other. Amber sighed and called out to the other girl, "That necklace is special to you, right? It's my fault you lost it. Now, keep your hand steady."