chapter 2

The "Scapegoat"? Meeeeeee

 

 

She was probably sighing for the nth time in a row for the last thirty minutes. Her bestest friend, Chaerin, who was sitting across her was just staring at her waiting for Dara to spill something that's been bothering her.

 

Chaerin is studying at a different university but they both live in the same apartment. They were like friends ever since they were born, eekk - nope, are friends since they can ever remember that is.

 

Chaerin raised a brow at the untouched vanilla ice cream in front of Dara that was starting to melt.

 

"Earth to Dara . . . Earth to Dara . . ."

 

She waited for Dara's reaction but still she earned no response at all. She looked down on her cup that was filled with ice cream a while ago now being empty. Shrugging her shoulder she grabbed her spoon and reached for Dara's ice cream.

 

Before the tip of the spoon could even touch the ice cream Dara grab a hold of it and took it from Chaerin. Without thought she took a dip on her ice cream using Chaerin's spoon and ate the ice cream on it. Then she sighed a gain.

 

"Yah! Are you not going to talk?! Seriously?!" She took her spoon back.

 

"Why just can't the both of us be in the same university??" Dara started to whine like a kid and drop her head on the table.

 

"Coz it's tiring being with you!" Chaerin silently laughed at Dara's reaction.

 

"Eh???!!!"

 

"So what happened that's making you this crazy, huh?" Chaerin grabbed Dara's cup but the latter was also quick to grab it too. Dara sent a mental note to Chaerin while her eyes were tiny slithers. Don't you dare!

 

Chaerin (with raised eyebrow): You won't let me have it???

 

Dara (ran her eyes on her body nd ran a finger on her neck): Over my dead beautiful and y body!!!!

 

Chaerin (eyed Dara's body with mocking face): You call that body??

 

Dara's eyes grow wide in shock, having understood what Chaerin just thought of, if that's even possible. But she did understood, though, so it's possible. ^_^

 

"YOU JUST DID NOT . . ." Dara forcefully pulled the cup towards her as she glared at her bestest friend. No, scratch that. Did she ever mentioned she was her best friend? She would literally grab a hold of her soul and pull it out of Chaerin's body and she'll dump her lifeless body in the river!

 

"You should have seen the look on your face!" Chaerin let out a hearty laugh and Dara slowly had her temper simmered down and joined Chaerin.

 

"Chaerin, why am I so unlucky?" Her mood changed again, Chaerin scooped her ice cream which was now melted and is on liquid state.

 

"Huh? Haven't you just bragged days ago that you were the LUCKIEST girl on earth? What's up with the 'why-am-I-so-unlucky' thingy now?" She remembered that day vividly. Dara was screaming all night and practically was dawdling in every part of their apartment, talking and laughing to herself. She even thought Dara was going psycho which made her shudder.

 

"Of course I'm still lucky . . . It's just that, being POPULAR has also it's bad side to it that I didn't foresee . . ."

 

Chaerin choked as she heard that word from her which made Dara frown at her. "Seriously, Chae . . ."

 

"Sorry . . . Yes, being POPULAR has its cons too . . " Chaerin said a matter-of-factly.

 

Dara told Chaerin what happened to her that day at school. Chaerin couldn't help but sympathize with her. She really wanted to knock her friend out for agreeing to that Kwon Jiyong's OFFER. Who in their right mind would totally agree to a person you don't personally know? Even if that was your ultimate crush, still.Then it struck her, Dara's no ordinary person, she's like an alien who's lost and is stuck on Earth. Or sometimes she wondered if Dara was abducted by an alien and a surrogate was left to replace her here. Okay, Chaerin's thinking is actually making her nuts too.

 

After their conversation and when Dara's anger subsided they decided to go home since it was already dark outside too. They were making their way pass a restaurant when Dara suddenly stopped on her tracks. Chaerin was confused as to why she suddenly stopped and followed where her gaze was.

 

Chaerin saw a couple, the girl being held by the arm by a guy. She'd had the hint that that guy was Kwon Jiyong seeing how her friends eyes were wide. The nerve to ask her friend to be his new girlfriend when he was still so head-over-heels with that -- that walking MATCHSTICK girl! Jerk!

 

Both the JERK and the MATCHSTICK didn't notice them so she decided to take Dara away from the scene and dragged her with her.

 

"Want another round of ice cream?" Chaerin nudged her and ask as if they saw nothing a while ago. Thankfully Dara nodded and smiled at her in response. But Chaerin sure knows her smile was just a mask.

 

 

...................................

 

sorry if this a crappy update, i know i should have updated a long time ago but I was so busy with academics.. and yey! my team managed to grab the third place in the regionals and will be qualified for the national math wizard!!! *cheers* *cheers*

 

yey! thanks to everyone who has subscribed and commented! T ^ T

keep it coming! hek hek hek ^_^