Chapter 2: First Love - Myungsoo’s POV

Do You Remember?

 

It’s been nearly ten years and a lot has changed, but deep down, I know one thing that hasn’t changed at all. My love for one girl. Lee Hyerin. My best friend and my first (and only) love. Some people say I was too young and foolish to know what love is, but I was sure I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. Her and I, we grew up together in the bustling city of Seoul. Unfortunately, a few days after my 10th birthday, her parents decided to move to America. 
 
Although I kept all of our memories and keepsakes in a little box under my bed, I always keep the little Pororo towel she bought me for my birthday in my bag or my pocket, all the time. She said she’d come back for me once she grew up, but when will that me? Does she still remember me? 
 
One of the many reasons why I became an idol, was so that Hyerin could find me.
 
It was just another day. We had just wrapped up our fansign in Japan and flew back to Seoul. I was walking, half asleep while holding my coffee. Suddenly, I bumped into a girl and my coffee splattered all over her. She started yelling all up in my face, I scoffed and Woohyun hyung caught up with me to apologize. I should have apologize, but my fans were watching me and I had to maintain my “cold” image.
 
When I looked at her, both of her fists were clench...exactly like Hyerin would clench her fists when we were young. It was a habit of hers, generally when she suddenly became angry. Not only that, but she looked a lot like her too. Was it really her? 
 
I was partially distracted by the resemblance, so I decided to test it out. “Clean yourself properly. Three wrinkled napkins aren’t going to remove any stains from that cheap shirt of yours. My autograph is worth more than your shirt.” I said as I threw my Pororo towel in her face and waited for a reaction. My heart started to thump faster and faster as she stared down at it for a few moments. When she looked up again, she had an offended look on her face and threw the towel back at me. I guess it’s not her. 
 
As she left, Woohyun hyung insisted on buying her coffee. Him and his unctuous ways...I on the other hand, decided not to join them, instead I sat three tables away from them. It was embarrassing enough to spill coffee on someone and not apologize for it. 
 
Once in a while, I tried to listen to their conversation. I heard Woohyun ask, “Are you...going somewhere?” and she replied she came back from America. 
“Is that why she insulted and didn’t want my autograph?” I laughed and said to myself, “Pabo (Idiot). She doesn’t know how much my signature costs.”
 
I sat up a little bit more and tried to listen a bit more. “Oh. Nice to meet you! My name is Lee Hyerin-” was the last thing I heard. My eyes widened and my hands started to shake. I stayed like that until Woohyun came to tell me the manager hyung was waiting outside. I stood up and looked at her one more time. 
 
Hyerin is finally back.