Chapter 1: Accident - Your POV

Do You Remember?

“Would you like some more Sprite?” The flight attendant asked. You politely smiled and answered no. You turned back to the airplane window to gaze at the clouds as you wondered what life would be like with your new career ahead of you. 

 
Your father had insisted that you finished your studies at Seoul University in South Korea, so you could pursue a career in acting and modeling. I wonder if Seoul changed a lot, you thought to yourself.
 
The last time you were in Korea, was when your parents suddenly decided to immigrate to America. At the time, you were only 9 years old and reluctant to leave everything behind, especially one person. This person was your best friend, maybe even your first love, ever since you were born, the two of you did everything together, whether it was doing homework, learning how to play the guitar, or taking naps on the park bench. He was a undoubtably your favorite oppa.
 
It’s been nearly ten years, that’s all in the past now. It wasn’t like you were going to search for him. What was his name again? Myungsung? Myungseo? Myungsoo?
 
“Attention passengers,” announced the captain, “We have now landed in Seoul, South Korea.” Although you’re still half asleep and jetlagging, you stand up to get your carry-on and flatten the wrinkles on your brand-new shirt you bought from Guess, not too long along. Slowly and careful, you make your way off of the plane.
 
As you exit the terminal, you spot a map of Seoul and walk over to it. You track down the subway station and quickly turn around to see if the shuttle bus has arrived yet. At that moment, a tall and good-looking young man, with sunglasses on, accidently collides into you and his coffee splatters all over your new shirt. “YAH! Do you know how much this shirt costs?!” You frustratedly blurted out, while clenching both of your fists. He gave you the coldest glare you’ve ever seen, but his friend quickly ran over and apologized on his behave. “Sorry! My friend didn’t look where he was going. It’s all his fault.” He frantically rummaged threw his bag and dug out a few napkins to hand over to you. “Come on L,  apologize!” 
 
What kind of name is L, you thought to yourself.
 
With the same cold glare he had on before, he curtly mumbled, “Why should I? Watch where you’re going.” He scoffed and threw a little Pororo towel in your face. “Clean yourself properly. Three wrinkled napkins aren’t going to remove any stains from that cheap shirt of yours. My autograph is worth more than your shirt.” You look down at the handkerchief in awe. 
 
It looks exactly like the one you bought for Myungsoo oppa years and years ago for his 10th birthday, but it can’t be! There’s probably millions of Pororo towels in Korea. But this one looks faded and old...
 
You’re about to argue back, but from the corner of your eye you catch a few girls with cameras, taking pictures, whispering and pointing at you. 
 
What are those girls doing, you wondered, am I catching too much attention?
 
“What are you? Some kind of superstar?  I bet your stupid autograph is worthless.” You hurl the towel down at his feet and retort, “No thanks. I wouldn’t want your towel to touch my cheap shirt.” You turn to leave, but to your surprise his friend stops you and asks to buy you a coffee. 
 
As the two of you are seated at a table sipping coffee, you notice that the rude man who spilt coffee on you earlier was sitting alone three tables away from you. His friend catches you looking. “Don’t mind my friend, L. He’s always in his own world. I never properly introduced myself, I’m Nam Woohyun.” He eyes your luggage and questions, “Are you...going somewhere?”
 
“Oh. Nice to meet you! My name is Lee Hyerin. I actually just flew in from America. I moved from Seoul to LA about ten years ago.” You replied, “This is my first time coming back home.”
 
“Wonderful! Then we can hang out some time, right?” He smiled and slyly grabbed your cell phone on the table to save his number. “I have to go, but call me anytime. I’d be happy to show you around.” He left. L got up from his table, gave you his cold glare again, and followed Woohyun out the door.
 
You sat at the table, still in a mist of confusion. How did you gain a cute guy’s number with such ease? While finishing your last sip of coffee, a couple of girls walked up to you. “Excuse me...?” One of them timidly asked, “How do you know Woohyun and L oppa?”
 
You looked around, wondering why a group of girls carrying heart-shaped signs approached you. “What? I don’t know them that well...we just met today.”
 
“Oh. I see.” Said another girl carrying a neon sign labeled “Woohyun Oppa~ Price of Hearts!”, “Wow. You’re so lucky. Sorry for bothering you!” 
 
Were Woohyun and L really idols? You pondered and suddenly felt bad for what you said to L. You walked out of the airport and took a deep breath. Home at last!