Chapter Five: One self’s Fairytale

Without....Wings

 

>>OST: 

She slowly opened her eyes….and kept staring at him…

She could feel the happiness that overwhelmed her that day…

She knew he was her One and only one…

At this momentYoochun who was still talking to Junsu, turned lightly and was surprised to see Lina standing there, weirdly staring at him..

He immediately approached her..

Yoochun: You already awake?

Lina fixing her hair: Yes…

She paused and then continued: Where is Sara? She promised she’ll stay!

Yoochun: So….You still can’t remember anything?

Lina nodded…

He weakly smiled, then said: Sara is still here, she’s with the guys downstairs.

And then Junsu appeared, and hugged Lina: Lina-Aaaaa!! Happy Birthdaaaaay

He then pulled off, and smiled: You still can remember your dolphin Oppa

Lina nodded, and smiled…

Junsu grabbed her elbow, and nearly dragged her downstairs…

While Yoochun was shouting from behind: Be careful on the stairs..

 

They arrived in the living room, where everyone were …

Jnsu shouted: She’s finally AWAKE!!

Lina was looking at everyone’s expression, then she bowed and said: Hello…I’m Lina!

Then she regained her senses, and straightened herself… * What with the presentation, they already know you!!!*

Eunhyuk, Kim Hyung Joong and Junsu were staring at Lina’s bizarre action, and then they all bursted into a loud laughter…

Once they heard the loud laughter, Jaejoong and Sara came out from the kitchen..

Jaejoong: WTH, why are you laughing that loud, you’ll wake ..

 

At this moment he saw Lina standing next to Junsu, smiling at the scene

He then hurried and hugged tightly Lina, who was startled by his surprising action..

Then whispered: You can’t forget me, can you??

Lina who was blinking her eyes, saw Sara overJaejoong’s shoulder…

Sara then reassured her with a smile, winked and whispered: It’s okay

He then let go of Lina and smiled: You can’t forget such beautiful features?? Can You?? Huh Huh??

Sara stepped in and said: Ya, Oppa give her a break…The last thing she remembers is seeing you through TV…

She then turned to face the others: Give me some time with her…ALONE! And we’ll be back..Ok? And we can start…

Eunhyuk: Make it short…I’m HUNGRY!

Sara glared at him…

Eunhyuk sweetly smiled: Ok…Ok…Take your time !!

 

Then Sara took Lina’s hand and headed to the kitchen…

Once they arrived, Lina hugged Sara so tightly that she couldn’t breath…

Lina: I’m scared Sara…I’m deadly scared!

Sara tapped on Lina’s back and whispered: You’ll be fine…Trust me!

After letting go of Lina’s embrace, Sara said: Take a seat…It feels weird inviting you in your own house….

And then she started laughing…making Lina smile also.

Lina: Sara, what am I doing here? In Korea? How did I end up marrying Yoochun? How come you’re here in Korea? Where are the others?

Sara’s smile faded away as Lina continued her long list of questions

Sara then interrupted her: Slow doooown…Stop…

Lina then stopped …

Sara took a deep breath and started: First of all, we talked with your doctor, he said that we have to let you remember by yourself…at least we can’t talk about MAJOR events that can lead to a shock or something… I’ll brief you, so you won’t be living like a dumb …

She stopped to take a breath and continued: Yoochun told me that last thing you remembered was your 22nd birthday…and the…accident!

Lina weakly nodded..

Sara sighed and continued: You were badly injured in that accident… In fact…You were in coma state for almost 2 months…When you recovered, you were such a different person, facing death, and the loss of Leo, you decided to not hold back anything…

One day, you decided to go to Korea…We all tried to hold you back, because you were still recovering…But you said something that I will never forget…

“ Life is too short to push back my dreams, I want to live there..and I’ll go…Even if I won’t live as comfortably as in here..I’ll go…And start a new life”

And you did as you said, you asked your parents to help just to settle down. They were willing to do anything for you… Because you were alive thanks to a miracle!

You departed and started your new life…You learned Korean while working in the same time..You worked in a production company…where you discovered that you were gifted in the filmmaking field…

So you took night-courses in filmmaking…

Then you made few contacts that led you to one of the best filmmakers in Korea, who monitored you…and you specialized in Music Videos Making…You assisted him in some of his works…And with your first independent work that he trusted you with…you reached recognition in the industry…And in the same time you met your “leading men”

Lina then said: Yunho-ssi?

Sara: Yes, but details, from him…or when you’ll regain your memory…

She continued: Two years passed since you were in Korea, and you reached the top…but were always looking for more…With the large contacts-based that you made, you decided to establish your own production company…You started small…One day, I was complaining at how boring my life & job were…and you challenged me to follow you and be your partner.

And you know how I love to be challenged, so I came and “L&S Productions” was established…

Now 3 years later, I can humbly say that we’re one of the TOP10 in production companies.

 

Lina’s eyes were growing bigger and bigger, and shining: It’s like a tale…I did ALL that??

Sara smiled and said: And so more honey!! You changed your life to the better…Even dieting something that you were pushing back for so many years….You changed in few months to this incredible shape…That 2 months in coma changed your vision of life, time and priorities!

Lina blinked and said: And how did I meet him? You Know I was joking when I was saying that he’s the One and Only..back then! And the other members being so…Close with me!

Sara laughed and said: He told me not to tell you anything…he insisted to let you remember naturally…And for the others, as they said, you’re their “Miracle”…In fact, the first group we worked with is JYJ,

Lina then stopped her: WAIT! You told me I worked before with yunho ssi, so basically I’ve already worked with DBSK!So who’s JYJ?

Sara blinked twice: Awww! I forgot that!

Lina: WHAT!

Sara coughed awkwardly: In fact Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu left DBSK and SM entertainement shortly after your accident,and they fwere in a new group JYJ, only the three of them!

Lina: Why??

Sara: You’re annoying me! It’s not essential!

Lina: Ok, Ok continue!

Sara sighed then said: So as I said JYJ were successful after the break up, but years later due to a lack of tv and radio appearances, they weren’t that successful…. They were on the verge of disbanding…..And your first work in L&S was a “re birth” for them.. You created an event around them…called “Believe”! It was a one of a kind promotion, MV and comeback…Now they’re even more successful than before! So, for them you’re like family…And you’re the closest to Jaejoong..

Lina then remembered the phone call she got from them when she was in the car..

She asked then: And what about the sleepover thing??

Sara laughed and said: It’s something strange you’ve set… For everyone’s birthday they have to spend the night with you…to gather all together… They can do whatever they want the night before, and during the day…But before midnight of the next day..They have to gather in your house…to do a sleepover ceremony! You said to me once, that it was a way to keep the strings attached…now that they don’t live together.

Lina smiled and then said: Ok, now 4 last questions…

Sara exhausted: Go on…It’s like I’m having a quiz about your life!

Lina: Where are my parents?Where are the others? The 10’s club? And Why am I divorcing? And why were you mad at me?

Sara coughed and continued: I told before, what happens between you and Yoochun is your business…And for the 10’s club…After the accident, it’s like everyone went his own way…But they’re all doing well!

Your parents are doing well too, they are so proud of you, your father had an early retirement and now he’s travelling here and there with your mother, your brother just graduated from a school of engineering and is doing an internship in Australia.

 And…Me being mad at you is another story…that I don’t have neither time or will to tell you…

Lina frowned at Sara’s last statement, then smiled: I miss my parents so much! And that stubborn got what he wanted finally…

 

At this moment, someone rushed into the kitchen, it was Jaejoong: Ya, It’s almost 11pm…Keep the chit-chat for later, you chatterbox!

Lina spontaneously responded: We’re coming you arrogant ajumma!

Sara and Jaejoong stared at Lina..

Jaejoong then whispered: Ya, you remember??

Lina was even more confused, she felt comfortable and confident when she saw him..

Then she said: I guess I didn’t forget some habits

And smiled!

Jaejoong then smiled and said: The only thing you remember is that wretched nickname!

He then grabbed Lina’s elbow and led her to the living room, then shouted to have everybody’s attention: She’s here…Let’s begin! It will be funnier now that she can’t remember anything!!

Jaejoong then smirked, which made Lina shiver…

They gathered together, but Yoochun was nowhere to be seen..

Huge pizzas were all over the living room, everybody was eating heartedly…

 

While Lina was busy eating and chatting with Eunhyuk, she felt someone pulling her from her back, and lifting her….

It was Jaejoong: It’s Midnight Baby!

He then hurried, Eunhyuk opened the front door…

Jaejoong kept running with the others hysterically laughing, while Lina was laughing and shouting at the same time!

When he stopped, Lina turned to see where she was, and then she was propelled in the pool…A big SPLASH followed !

 

* Flash Back*

Lina was swimming in a pool, it was late at night…

She was swimming while wearing her clothes!

She wasn’t alone, she turned to see Yunho in a tuxedo standing there..

 

She smiled and said: Come on….Don’t be a coward !!

Yunho: But what if we get caught?

Lina then came up, totally wet…she was wearing a dress 

 

When she was next to him, she whispered in his ear : If you can’t handle risks…Then you’re not alive..

Then she pushed him, and laughed…

 

She followed him, and they were happily playing…

Lina said: Isn’t fun??

Yunho smilling: You’re crazy you know it? We’re supposed to be in the party…

Lina smiled: It was boring? Wasn’t it?

Yunho sighed…

Lina was fixing her hair, and Yunho was staring at her…

When suddenly they heard someone coming…

 

It was already late, they couldn’t come out from the pool..

Then Lina pushed Yunho down, they were underwater now…

 

Staring at each other, Yunho then swam  to be next Lina who felt her heart racing..

And he kissed her, underwater…