Final Decision

Smile For Me

4Minute - I'm Ok

-------------------------------------------------

 

It has been days since Jungmi announced that she liked L. You still couldn't believe it, someone like her would fall for someone like L.

You slowly opened your eyes to see that it was another day of school. You tiredly sat up on your bed and stared out the window. [Why can't the weekend just come already]. You slowly got out of bed and walked down the hallway to the bathroom. Byunghun rushed past you and poke his tongue out, "Too late slow poke" he laughed and ran towards the bathroom. Usually whenever he does that you would chase after him and the two of you would start fighting but you weren't in the mood.

After eating breakfast, you got your bag and headed out the door with Byunghun trailing behind you. He looked at you weirdly, noticing that you weren't yourself today. "What's wrong ~~~~~ noona? You seem down today".

You looked at him, shocked that he called your noona. "You never call me noona, why start now?" you were suspicious. He shrugged, "Just wanted to try it out for once and after trying.. I'm sticking with Pig!!" he teasingly poke his tongue and walked ahead of you.

You scoffed, "That babo" you whispered underneath your breath. You looked around to see if L was anywhere to be seen. [I guess he didn't catch the bus today]. To your surprise, when you walked into the bus you saw him sitting down at the back seat. You quickly turned to the face and stood up like the rest. [Hopefully he didn't see me].

L saw you standing up. He looked at the seat next to him which was available. In just a moment, a girl came and sat next to L. She smiled at him, "Hi~" she sang. L turned around, uninterested. She pouted and crossed her arms.

You turned your head to see another girl sitting next to L. Your heart grew heavy and you didn't know that you were frowning at her. [Why is she sitting next to him?]. You saw L standing up and walked over to the door. The bus stopped and everyone from your school got out. You grabbed hold onto your bag straps and headed out the door.

--------------------------

Soomin and Heejin was standing at the front gate waiting for you. They looked both ways and didn't see you anywhere. [Is she arriving late today or away?]. They both thought. They were about to leave and head in first, but they saw you walking behind L. They both looked at each other and smiled.

"~~~~~" they called. You looked up and saw them waving at you. Heejin ran up to you and linked arms with you. "Why were you with L?" she wriggled her eyebrows up and down. You looked ahead and saw L walking through the gates. "I wasn't with him" you answered.

Soomin giggled, "Well you guys did arrive at school together, so technically you were with him" she winked. You shook your head, "Okay whatever" you lead them into the school.

Of course, Jungmi was eyeing you closely in class and would occasionally give you a look that you didn't like. [She still wants me to quit the play?]. You hid your face behind your text book and sighed frustrated. [Why is it so hard for me to quit?]. To be truthful, you never wanted to quit and let someone take your spot.

Mr. Kim walked around the class to see what everyone was doing. He walked past you and saw that you were staring out the window and tapping your pen on the table, rapidly. He coughed which made you look at him. "Yes sir?" you answered.

He pointed to your paper, "Why are you dazing off in class? You want to do this after school instead?" he asked. [If I quit then I don't need to attend rehearsals after school]. You sighed and shook your head, "Of course I don't want to". The teacher pointed to the paper, "Then do your work" he ordered and you looked down and started writing.

Soomin looked at you and leaned in, "Are you alright?" she asked. You looked up at her and nodded, "Yeah I'm fine" you said.

"No talking!!" the teacher looked at both you and Soomin. You two straightened up and started doing your work again.

---------------------------

It was lunch time and you were holding your food tray and headed to Soomin, Heejin and Mina's table. You were blocked by Jungmi and her friends, who were standing behind her.

Jungmi smiled at you, "Have you decided yet?" she asked, referring to the play. You nodded and looked up at her, "Don't worry, I won't be seen in the play anymore" you then walked past her and headed to your table. Jungmi turned around and smiled in satisfaction. [Good choice, ~~~~~~ I'm proud of you for making the right decision]. She looked over at L. [I can't wait to kiss my prince charming].

You sat down at your table and let out a heavy sigh. The others notice the sudden mood change and wondered why. "What's wrong?" Soomin asked. You shook your head, "Nothing. Why do you keep asking that?".

Heejin leaned over, "What did Jungmi say to you?" she was curious. You gulped, "She didn't say anything" you looked down and ate your food.

Mina noticed something strange about your answer. "Tell the truth ~~~~~, we're your friends. You know you can tell us anything" she said. You looked up at her. [Yeah she's right, they are my friends. I can't keep secrets from them]. You nodded and decided to tell them everything.

They all gasped at what you told them.

"I knew you liked him!!" Heejin pumped her fist and gave you a wink. You weakly smiled, "Well I was too stubborn to notice it earlier".

Soomin tapped her chin in thought, "So that's why Jungmi wanted you to quit the play.. she likes L as well" she was shocked and surprised. She turned to you, "Are you going to quit?" she asked.

You looked at her, "To be honest.. I don't want to but then if I don't she's going to torture me and will force me to quit" you said, a bit sad. Mina patted your back, "No one can make you decide what to do, remember this is your choice. Do what makes you feel happy" she smiled. You nodded, "Thanks Mina" you appreciated her kind words.

You looked over at where Infinite was sitting and watched closely at L. You could feel your feelings for him becoming stronger. You didn't want it to become stronger so you looked away. [Don't fall deep for him ~~~~~]. You breathed in evenly to calm yourself down and began eating again.

After eating, everyone started heading to the oval to relax. You laid down on the grass and looked up at the sky. Soomin was on her phone and was texting someone. She was giggling while typing, which made the three of you girls suspicious.

"Who are you texting?" Heejin leaned over her shoulder but Soomin hid her phone immediately, "Just talking to a friend" she answered. Heejin eyed her suspiciously, "O..kay.." she wasn't believing her and leaned back.

You on the other hand had too many thoughts in your mind. Quitting the play, liking L and Jungmi threatening you to quit. You closed your eyes to think of a solution. [What am I going to do? Am I going to quit the play or continue with it knowing that Jungmi would never let me live it down].

Mina laid down next to you, "Don't think too much, it's not good for you" she said. You opened your eyes to see her next to you. "I'm not thinking too much" you denied. She smiled, "I can see worry lines on your forehead" she poked your forehead. You blinked, "I don't have worry lines" you covered up your forehead, to not let her see your lines anymore.

Heejin chuckled, "~~~~~, if you like L than you shouldn't quit the play. That's not fair for you because you're doing something that Jungmi wants you to" she had a serious face. "I don't want you to regret your actions in the future" she added. You nodded, "I understand". [What will make me happy? Quitting the play or staying in it?]. You thought for a while and finally cam up with an idea. [Okay, I've made my decision].

Soomin stopped texting and looked up at you, "~~~~~ whatever you choose, we'll be by your side always" she held her thumb up. "Always remember that" she added.

"Thanks" you smiled. "I think I made my decision" you said. They all looked at you, "What's your decision? Tell us!!" they were eager to know.

------------------------------

It was drama rehearsal and everyone was on stage getting ready. You wore your Snow White uniform and stood in the dressing room. You looked at yourself in the mirror and sighed. [Is this the last time that I'm going to wear this?].

The teacher walked into the room, "~~~~~ are you ready? The others are waiting for you" she said.

You turned to her, "Ms. I don't think I can do this" you said. She gave you a look, "What do you mean by that?" she asked. You inhales and breathed out deeply, "I can't believe I'm going to say this.. I'm quitting the play" you said with a straight face.

The teacher's eyes budged out, "What are you saying ~~~~~? Are you serious? I thought you liked being Snow White.. What happened?" she was getting a bit angry.

You closed your eyes, not believing that you actually said that. "Like what I just said. I don't want to play Snow White anymore. It's because.. I don't think the role suits me". [Great I'm going to quit the play.. this better be a good decision]. You looked at the teacher, waiting for her to scold you.

Instead, she was relaxed. "The play is in just a few weeks.. who am I going to find to replace you?" she stood there thinking.

You gulped. [I can't believe I'm going to say this either]. "You can ask Jungmi because she's very excited to play Snow White and I think she'll be better than me" you said. The teacher looked at you, "Well if that's what you wanted to do then I guess I can't stop you. You can work backstage just like Heejin then". You could tell that she was a bit pissed. She then walked out of the room. You felt your legs shaking and sat down on the floor. [I can't believe I just did that..].

The teacher walked to the stage and clapped her hands. "Class, I have unfortunate news" she announced. Everyone stared at her and Jungmi was smirking. [Don't tell me that she actually quit?]. She was waiting for the teacher to continue. L was wondering why you didn't come out of the changing room. [Where is she?].

"~~~~~ would not be playing the role of Snow White and she insisted that Jungmi would take her spot" she looked over at Jungmi. "So I guess Jungmi is now out new Snow White" she announced.

Jungmi couldn't believer that she just said that. She was pretending to be surprise but on the inside, she was very happy. She looked over at L, "Guess I'm your new Snow White" she grinned.

L looked at her and his jaw dropped a bit. [Did ~~~~~ just quit? Did she say that ~~~~~ isn't doing the play anymore?]. He didn't even look at Jungmi and walked over to Infinite.

Sunggyu looked at the others, shocked as well. "Did I just hear it correctly? Did she say that ~~~~~~ isn't doing the play anymore?" he asked the others.

Woohyun nodded, "That's what it sounded like.." he looked over at the happy Jungmi, "And she's the new Snow White".

Sungyeol and Sungjong looked at each other, "Why would she quit thought? I thought she suited the role of Snow White perfectly" Sungjong said.

Dongwoo crossed his arms, "Why do I have a bad feeling about this..".

"What did you do to her L?" Hoya asked. L looked at him, "I didn't do anything. All we did was rehearsed after school.." he answered. [Was it something I did to make her quit?].

The teacher clapped her hands, "Well class, let's start rehearsal then. Jungmi you're Snow White from now on. So Jaemin, you're playing the wicked witch" she said and walked over to her chair. She sat down, "Action!!" she cued. L sighed and he began acting.

You were still inside the changing room and were already changed back in your school uniform. You placed the Snow White costume in front of the you and looked in the mirror. [This is the last time I'm ever going to see me wearing this]. You weakly smiled and placed the costume on the rake. You turned around to go but L was blocking the doorway. Your body froze up.

"Why did you quit the play?" he asked, with a serious face. You looked down at the ground, "Why would you care?". He looked to the ground and sighed, "I was just wondering".

You looked at him, "Well I just don't like playing Snow White anymore" you turned around and folded the costumes neatly.

L walked up to you, "But then why would you quit now? If you didn't like the role than you would of quit ages ago" he pointed out. You stopped what you were doing. [He's right]. You wanted to say that you were forced but decided to close your mouth. "Well, I just didn't want to do the play anymore".

"Was I the reason for you to quit?" L asked. You stopped and didn't turn around to face him. "Why would you ask a question like that?" you were curious.

L shrugged, "I just wanted to know if it was something I did.. so was it?" he asked. You shook your head, "No it wasn't. I told you that I wanted to quit" you were a bit annoyed at this point. "Than why did you quit? You have to have a reason" he was pushing you to telling him.

You bit your lip and clenched onto the clothes you were holding tightly, "Why do you always need to know the reason? It's my reason not yours!!" you raised your voice.

"I'm your partner in this play. If you quit, I have to know why so tell me" he demanded. You couldn't hold it anymore, "Okay you want to know why I quit? I quitted because of YOU" you yelled. L's eyes widened, "So you quit because of me? Did I do something wrong?" he was curious.

You couldn't take it anymore, "YES!! You did!! You happy?". L was more curious as to why he would be happy, "You quit the play because of me.. why?" he asked. You closed your eyes and pressed your lips together. "Tell me why!!" L's voice turned serious.

You turned around and looked up at him, "IT'S BECAUSE I LIKE YOU". L couldn't believe what he just heard "It's because I like you that's why I quit" you looked down and tears filled your eyes. [Babo ~~~~~ why are you crying for?].

L snapped out of his daze, "If you like me than wouldn't you want to continue the role?" he asked.

You were getting annoyed that he kept asking you questions, "That's the problem, I don't want my feelings to become stronger".

"Are you going to believe that this would make me fall for you?" he asked. You looked up at him, "WHAT? Why would I believe that for.." you were angry that he would ever said that to you.

L shrugged, "Just saying. I mean, saying that you like me and waiting for me to confess to you too" he slightly chuckled. You couldn't help it but you immediately slapped his face. He touched his cheeks and looked back at you, well glared at you.

"You're an idiot for thinking that. I'm so glad that I quit the play" you then ran out from the room without saying anything else. L turned back to see that you had disappeared. [Did she just slapped me?]. He was still furious that you had just slapped him. He then remembered back to your confession. L smiled to himself. [I was right.. she does like me].

You ran out to the oval and started tearing up. [Babo!! Why did you fell for a person like that? A selfish person that only thinks about himself]. Your heart was aching inside your chest. You sat down on the ground and started to sob a bit. You didn't notice but someone was watching you from afar.

"Don't cry ~~~~~, I don't like seeing you cry".