Truth

The Chrome Codex

 

The men had stoped chasing us and Jiyong set me down next to a tree. “Why are you so freakin heavy?!” He said, panting hard. I was to confused to be mad at him. I don’t know what to think about what I just saw.

But I do know one thing. I want answers.

I turned to face my dad. He was sitting a few feet away from me.

“Dad. Whats going on? Why did they take momma, Bom, and Seunghyun?”

He looked away . Tears welled up in my eyes.

“Is it your fault? Did you do something bad?”

I felt my heart skip a beat when he slowly nodded.

“So its your fault they were taken away. Whats going to happen to them dad?!”

“They will die.”

At that moment I couldn’t breathe. I burst out into tears.

“What do you mean they’re going to die?!” Thunder yelled.

“You wouldn’t understand!” Dad yelled back.

Through my tears I watched as grandpa walked over to dad and slapped him hard.

“You idiot! Because of you your daughters friend, your nephew, and your wife are now in trouble! I thought I told you to never go into my line of work!”

“Im sorry! I just thought that if I could succeed than you would be proud of me.”

Grandpa let out a frustrated sigh as Thunder came over to comfort  me. This was the first time in my life  that I’ve ever seen my dad cry. Then we heard it. There was a faint rustling in the distance.

Then the sounds of feet could be heard coming in our direction.

I looked up as grandpa pulled to knives out of his bag, “Hey! Stop crying like a baby and fight like a man.” He said to dad as he passed him one of the knives.

Dad quickly got on his feet as a group of 30 men came dashing through the bushes armed with guns and knives of there own. They began to fight dad and grandpa. I watched as grandpa stabbed a man in the arm, making him drop his gun. Dad dodged a bullet as he lunged forward stabbing another man in the stomach. Thunder, Cl, Minzy, Jiyong and I stood motionless as the battle went on. We watched as many of the men fell to the ground, there dead body’s were now starting to pile up. 25 more men rushed into the scene, “Dara grab the red book from my bag! I want all of you to get out of here!” my dad yelled back at me. I tried to stand up but my legs were weak and useless, and my head throbbed, and I fell back to the ground.  “AISH!” Minzy growled as she lunged towards my fathers bag to get the book herself. My eyes went as wide as saucers as a man emerged from the bushes behind Minzy and used his knife to stab Minzy in the hand. Her agonized scream filled my ears as I shouted her name. Dad had noticed what just happened and picked up a gun from a fallen enemy, using it to shoot the man that had stabbed Minzy.

His dead body fell to the ground as Jiyong and CL went to grab Minzy and the book. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she stared at her bloody hand. Jiyong scooped her up and I finally found the strength to get  up. So we started to run as far as we could to get away from them.

I cant help but think that the people who have not only taken my mother, but my friend and my cousin too, will now take my father and grandpa away as well.

Why?

WHY?!

A fresh stream of tears rolled down my cheeks as we all continued to run. As we ran we could hear the sound of wheels getting closer to us until we came face to face with the source of the noise.

A tourist cart!

“Hey! What are you kids doing out here!?” the tour guide shouted.

Maybe they can help us. They could bring us to a police station somewhere and they could help us get every one back! I mean… they could… couldn’t they?”  

“You see what happened is,” I began to explain, “ We were looking thorught the rain forest when all of a sudden these men started shooting at us an-“

Thunder clapped his hand over my mouth. ”Don’t listen to her. She’s a bit on the crazy side.”

WHAT?!

“What really happened,” he continued, “is that we got lost and our friend was attacked by a animal.”

He gestures to Minzy who was holding her bleeding hand in pain.

The guides eyes went wide at the sight of it, “Well what are we waiting for! We gotta get her fixed up!”

He ushered us into the cart with all the tourists and then told the driver to step on the gas.

Whats wrong with Thunder! Why didn’t he tell the man the truth?! Looks like im gonna have to have a talk with my little brother.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Sorry i haven't posted lately!

Please forgive me!