panic

The Chrome Codex

Dara's POV

I winced in pain as shards of glass hit me.

I crawled under the table with Cl, Bom, and Minzy.Thunder squeezed under with us and i looked to see where Jiyong and Seunghyun were. They were curled up under the bed while grandpa had taken shelter in the bathroom.

I panicked as i looked down at the cuts on my arms, and watched as the blood dripped from them.

 

Then the gunfire stopped and the last pieces of glass fall to the floor.

"Everyone! Grab your bags!" Dad shouts to us as he helps mom up from the floor.

I grab my backpack and sling it over my shoulder.

Dad walks over to the bathroom door, flings it open, and pulls grandpa up from his hiding place in the shower.

"Daddy, whats going on?" I ask, my shaky voice revealing the terror im feeling right now.

Without an answer he backs up the charges at the wall, ramming it with his shoulder.

Is he crazy?!

​A loud creek is heard, then the RV's wall falls to the rain forests wet floor.

​He ushers all of us out, his voice calm unlike the rest of us.

The gunfire picks back up, and dogs are heard in the distance as we run far from the RV. Gunfire and barking fills my head as the sound of helicopters is added to the mix. 

Then Bom screams.

I turn to face my friend and see that she is screaming as men climb down the extended ladders of helicopters.

I pick up my pace and lean forward racing to keep up with everyone. Branches and vines whip across my face as i speed through the lush green rain forest with the others.

I feel myself fall forward, as i trip on the root of a tree.

A heavy net is dropped on top of me.

"HELP!!!!" I shriek.

Jiyong, and Bom turn towards me, panic is seen in there eyes as they rush towards me.

They squat next to me as they scramble around trying to get the net off me. I scream as a net shoots out, grabbing Bom.

Jiyong lets out a frustrated grunt.

I find that its to late as two men shove Jiyong out of the way, and pick up Bom and i. Panicked i sink my teeth deep into the mans skin. He screams dropping my to the ground. I quickly look around trying to locate Bom. But its to late. I watch as the man throws her into the back of a truck, and then i scream at the sight of the two others in the back of the truck.

My mother, and Seunghyun.

The man finally recovers from my bite and reaches out to grab me again.

I hear footsteps behind me and a fist lands a solid blow on the mans face. A loud crack is heard as the mans jaw flops around. He falls to the ground and to arms scoop me up.

I look up to see Jiyong.

He races off with me in his arms and we catch up to the others in no time.

Bom... mom.... Seunghyun....

Whats going on?

And what are they going to do to them?