5 - Spicy Chicken Soup

New Love

I woke up from falling asleep on my desk by a knock on my bedroom door. I had a picture of EunSeo in my hand, and without thinking I turned towards the door and as it opened I immediately shouted EunSeo's name.. But it was Dad. Thinking the past few days were all a dream, I returned to reality and saw that I was actually heartbroken.

"Oh- it's just you, Teukie-appa.." I turned towards my desk and the picture of EunSeo again. I felt his hands on my shoulders, and as he leaned down to give me a hug, I closed my eyes and unknowingly started crying. "Appa~!" I cried and turned around to hug him properly. He consoled me and wiped my tears away with his soft hands. And then I realised that I could never live without love, because my dads love me and I wholeheartedly love them back.

"Enough now, DongHae-ah," he said with a soft voice, "There's no need to cry anymore." He added, and I then knew that LeeTeuk-appa and KangIn-appa were the real angels of my life, not EunSeo. 

LeeTeuk-appa took me by my hand and we went downstairs, where KangIn-appa had prepared my favourite dish - spicy chicken soup! Without thinking I ran towards the table and started eating, filling my stomach with food for the first time in weeks.

With my mouth full, I shouted, "Teukie-appa! KangIn-appa! Saranghae!!" They laughed as they watched me eat, and when I was finally finished, they sat down with me.

"DongHae-ah," KangIn-appa spoke, "Don't you think its about time you met up with your friends?" he added.

I slowly started remembering how long it had been since I last spoke to my close friends.

"What do you think, Hae?" Teukie-appa asked this time. "SiWon, ZhouMi, HanGeng, RyeoWook, KyuHyun, Henry? Remember them? They all miss you.."

"I miss them too.."