3 - Misunderstandings

New Love

"Oppa! Just leave him, he's not worth it.Those words made me lose all my anger within a second of hearing her angel-like voice.

But then, it hit me hard as she added the cold words, "And DongHae!"

I fell to my knees as the ring I was going to propose to her with fell out of my pocket and onto the floor. Adding more salt to the wound, she said, "What's all this mess? Who do you think you are, a little kid still playing with balloons and confetti?! What's wrong with you, huh!?!"

Tears streamed down my expressionless face.

A million questions ran through my head in the space of a few seconds.

Why did she call MinHo "Oppa"? I'm ​not worth it? Worth what?!

But the one question that just wouldn't get out of my head - Did she forget our 5th anniversary?

Before I could muster up the courage to wipe my tears and stand up, my girl Eunseo had already took MinHo by the hand and was walking away from me. I looked up towards their fading figures as the tears in my eyes started forming once again and before I knew it, they were gone. She was gone.

In hope that this was all a misunderstanding, I got up, wiped away the tears once again and followed them out of the house. 

Was my mind playing tricks on me? Was I hallucinating? No. What I saw was definitely real.

Man-up, DongHae! I thought to myself. Why are you crying again?!

I couldn't do anything but turn around from the two "lovers".

Just like that, I was heartbroken.