Encounters

Just like any other?

After what seemed a rather lengthy conversation with my new mate (which was spent mostly admiring her incredible figure), I unpacked about half of my luggage, and stuffed it in my new, spacey oak wardrobe, threw over my uniform and walzted out of my new room without taking a closer look at it. White signs with black bold  writing on them guided me towards the school's office. 

I threw open the door and paraded into the office like I owned that place. It was furnished exactly the way I had predicted it to; white plastic and wood counter, monitors and women with their long brown hair up in tiny buns. Buttoned-up tops, pencil skirts. And a busy atmosphere. I avanced toward the counter and waited to be noticed whilst admiring the office's repertoire of plastic flowers. And the fake plastic waterdrops on them. sigh.

After I had aquired a firm handshake and good wishes from the school principal as well as my time table, I began searching for my current class. Luch was long finished and it seemed as if I would have to walk right into the middle of Physics, room S-042 on the second floor. I had no hurry in getting there, afraid of distrubing the class and secretly hoping I would get there in time for the lesson to finish, so I walked in slow, bouncy steps and glanced outside of the windows in the hallways,  my breath taken away by the huge puffy cumulus clouds and the advancing storm coming from a afar, as I judged by the cloud's colour. 

In the end, I stopped prancing around and gave up. With quick, laboured steps I arrived in front of room S-042. The door was painted a dark green colour, the paint chipping at the sides toward the doorframe, indicating a lot of door banging over the years. From inside, muffled conversations could be heared. I gave up my pointless staring at the door, took a deep breath and timidly knocked on the door. Instantly, the conversations form inside subsided. 

Inside, everything seemed quiet. I tried to clam my beating heart and entered. Instantly, I ralised that there was obviously no teacher here. Students with their uniforms undone where sitting on desks, throwing around paperplanes and notes, boys where racing each other, waecing through the assortments of desks and tables. As I entered, everyone halted. Everone's eyes where set on me, and suddenly, from somewhere, I could feel a big smirk forming on my face. With a sudden confidence, I strutted towards the teachers desk and set my blue backpack on it. Then I walked to the middle of the large room and confidently stood there. This entire time, no-one had dared to stir. I could read the confusion on everyone's faces; Who is that? Is that the new teacher? But the uniform...? and lastly, I heared someone whisper ' Is that a boy or a girl?' My smirk quickly vanished and I tried to smile cutley, In which i probably failed, but hey. I quickly bowed to the class and intruduced myself quickly in the best Korean I could manage. Actually, I had practised this sentence a ton of times in front of a mirror.

' Hi. My name is not important, but it's park Eun Hyun for you guys. My Korean is not good, but I speak good English and Japanese if that helps. I am a girl. Despite the language, I still hope we will get along. Please treat me well.'

Of course, I had learned that sentence of by heart. I would have never managed to speak such a complex sentence without aid. 

Anyways, I managed to sit down without stumbling or falling over, which was quite an accomplishment considering the amount of paper and backpacks spread on the floor. Slowly, the class came alive again and not much attention was paid to me. Just quick glances were throw in my direction. None of them were anything but friendly, so I was pretty sure I must have gotten my point across and made a good impression. Then, I realised that I had seated myself without thinking. I glanced to my right and found that I had picked a spot next to well, something hairy. 

Well, not in that way. The guy I was sitting next to, or at least I though it was a guy as far as I could tell from his hair and the pair of arms he buried his face in, his hair was... damn. His hair was gorgeous as . It looked soft and curly, almost as if made to run your fingers through...

As if he had noticed myself leaning over him and admiring his hairstyle, the mysterious male awoke form his beauty sleep, rubbed his eyes and out on a sleepy smile. 

'Hey. I'm Lay.' he spoke in soft, Chinese accented Korean and looked into my eyes as he smiled. Scratch what I said about his hair he was absolutly gorgeous. All of him. He had a masculine yet handsome face. As a smile I realised he had a dimple cute. His soft, fluffy hair fell in slight waves, and one large streak over his face. His uniform was tidy and neat, yet not too strict. He had opene the top buttons of his shirt and I could smell his cologne. It wasn't overwhelming or annoying in any way. His soft smile made me melt like dark chocolate in the sumer sun. damn.

After being more than blown away by Lay's, well, exsistence, I caught myself staring at him for just a few seconds too long. I quickly shook my head and smiled as brightly as I could and nodded. My Korean wasn't good enough to start any kind of conversation at this point, yet I felt a need to become closer to him. Then I had and idea.

I pulled out one of my notebooks and ripped a page carelssly, then I scribbled something on the page that I thought might make sense, and passed it to him and his eyes lit up as he read. He looked up and smiled brightly, showing his dimple once again. I was over the moon. Knowing Japanese, I of course was familiar with kanji, the Chinese characters, which are used in Japanese as well. Of course both languages have different pronounciations of the words, but the meanings remaine the same. I had scribbled the characters for China, you and person on my sheet and passed it to him. It was obvious for me that his Korean wasn't very good and neither was mine, so I thought of this as a way to communicate with each other. 

He scribbled a quick 'you?' in English on the page and passed it back to me. By the end of the lesson, (which btw passed without the Physics teacher turning up at all), we had become aquainted and we had talked about all kinds of things in our own mixture of Chinese characters, and bits and pieces of Korean and english. 

The bell rung, reminding me that I had another lesson before school was over for today. I sighed and stuffed my backpack with things that I had thrown out whilst looking for my notebook. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Lay scribble something on one of my papers. He handed me the sheet as I got up from my seat, and I read what it said. 

On the page was the chinese charater for meal as well as the one for sunset followed by a few english words behind it, followed by a question mark.

So basically, the most hamdsome guy I had ever seen had just asked me to have dinner with him. In his dorm room. At seven. I swear, I was about to tear up then and there.

I gave him the widest grin I could manage without my face being split in half  and nodded so much that I thought my head was going to fall of. Lay gave me a quick fist bump before I stormed out of the door to my next class. 

Today was mothering swell.

________________________________________________

Hey there! Author here! Just a short disclaimer that I know nothing about Korean, Chinese or Japanese for that matter, an all the characters are just made up. 

Basically what I am trying tosay is that I don't know if these Chineses characters even exsist and wheter you can even say stuff like that in Korean.

Yeah. 

That's it! I hope you like this story. Cos I don't OTL. Frustrated author here.

NO SILENT READERS PLEASUH.