TWO

내가 당신의 눈물을 보자 (Let Me See Your Tears)

“Omo! You can speak Hangul!?” My dongsaengs’ yelled surprisingly.

Eunae nodded. “De.”

“Obviously she can.” Hyukjae replied, rolling his eyes, “She’s full Korean.”

“What was the point of you learning all that English?” Hankyung asked, crossing his arms.

Hyuk shrugged. “What’s wrong with learning English? Besides, it was funny how you guys tried to talk English towards her.”

“Hyuk!” They all growled, punching him in the arm.

“Aigoo, yah! That hurt!” He yelled, causing attention to focus on us.

“Jungsu-hyung, we better go. We’re causing a lot of ruckus.” Ryeowook said.

Hyung nodded, telling everyone to form a circle around Eunae, hiding her from the people watching. Luckily she was short. People thought it was just us walking around. Many people took pictures but I doubt there’ll be any of Eunae on the computer.

 

The introductions were done when we got back to our dorm. Everyone wanted to talk to Eunae… besides me. I always saw her smiling, but, it was painful to see. It didn’t show any happiness at all, which was really weird.

 I stayed inside me, Hyukjae’s, Hankyung’s and Kibum’s room while the others mingled with Eunae.

I looked over at Hyukjae. He was busily fixing his bed, changing the sheets and putting on new ones. He was humming a tune I was unfamiliar with.

“You can see it too, right hyung?” Hyukjae asked, looking over at me.

“What do you mean?” I asked, signing onto my twitter account. Ha, new followers again.

“You can see that painful smile too, right?” He asked, putting new pillow covers on his pillows.

I looked up at him surprisingly. “What… what do you mean?”

“Even when Eunae has that smile on her beautiful face certain people can see right through it. So far, all I know is that only you and I can see it.” He said, smiling at me, “It really hurts when I see it though hyung.”

“I… don’t know what you mean.” I said, lying. I didn’t want to deal with a person’s emotions. I never cared for a girl whenever she cried or was upset. I told her to it up and stop whining. Why… why was it different with this girl? What’s so special about her that I needed to care about her emotions?

"Hyukjae-sunbae... ah, Heechul-sshi, annyeonghaseyo." Eunae said, stopping at the doorway.

We both looked over at Eunae. Aish, that painful smile. I looked over at my laptop. trying to occupy myself.

Wae? Why are you stuck in my head? I thought to myself, erasing the tweet I was about to post, pressing the backspace furiously.